PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Options

Comments

• Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,299 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    :money:
    ivyleaf wrote: »
    DD2 and her family are at Blackpool atm. I fear they're going to get a bit wet, and I don't mean in the sea!

It's blustery but not yet raining...:p
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • TiredTrophy
    TiredTrophy Posts: 1,019 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Merino pants dry quickly...
    Much cooler at night in Switzerland right now - has been heavy rain in the mountains.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Grey and warm here today, our buyer is visiting this evening with her builder and the packing continues. A small success this morning in that I normally keep a first aid kit in my rucksack in the small front compartment and took it out to fly to Belgium earlier in the summer BUT today I found it in my bedside cabinet drawer??? no idea! it is now tidied, renewed and back in situ which is good.

I have used up some freezer veg and made broccoli cheese soup for our lunches for a couple of days, sorted out some things to go to Nell in the week and put the washing on in the machine. I have ironing which I'll tackle next a couple of items are going to the tip with He Who Knows and my brother this morning, we have less and less in the house, the table and chairs go to the BHF later this week and then we just have boxes, 2 armchairs and a sideboard in the lounge, it looks stark! raring to get on with it now and bored with packing!!!
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Piddling down whilst moving along the canal can also be miserable especially when CHS has been brought up to believe that if he gets wet by rain, he will catch a chill, that will immediately turn in to pneumonia and then he will DIE!!!
    Men can be such wusses! Mr LW is the same - it only has to be a light drizzle at dog-walking time, and he either bottles out completely, or if we've two dogs staying, he still comes along, but dresses up as if he was going on an Arctic expedition! :D In mitigation though, he had double pneumonia when he was nine years old, and as a result of that, he has always been very careful about wrapping up against the weather.

Wondercollie words fail me.... what kind of a wazzock deliberately runs their wheelchair over nurses' feet? :(

Re online grocery shopping - I've never done it. I just don't trust them not to make silly substitutions, ever since a former neighbour ordered dog food for his GSD and got sent red salmon instead! I don't think Zimba (the GSD) would have minded, but P was less than impressed! :D The other thing is I don't trust them not to send me very short-dated perishables.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,299 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    vegpatch I've seen plenty of blackberries, elderberries & hawthorn berries around my allotment site...
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • shanks77
    shanks77 Posts: 1,182 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I have used Asda online shopping several times and cannot complain any substitutes that I have had have been pointed out by the driver and have always been of better quality than I originally ordered. A couple of things have been slightly short dated but these have also been pointed out to me and I was more than welcome to send them back if required. I don't do it often but I'd handy now and again
  • mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    edited 13 August 2018 at 6:20PM
    Options
    The rowan berries up here are out in full flaming orange glory, hundred and hundreds on every tree. We walked to the post van earlier and was just saying to the RV how bright and fluorescent they are this year. But not a clue what that means.
    Now back on the couch tired out, will get started on the knitting in a bit.
    Got the store cupboard full last night with Sainsbugs delievery, looking good for winter and the use-by dates are all late 2019 onwards. All I need is a tin of energy and I'm happy. Maybe try Popeye's spinach lol
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Options
    I've been picking blackberries and eating them at some of the locks.
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • MMF007
    MMF007 Posts: 1,375 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Useful info ivyleaf and Tiredtrophy about Swiss weather. I really hope we get some dry weather, with a bit of sunshine because we prefer to be out wandering!
    I am planning a trip to the outdoor museum at Ballenburg. I have wanted to go there for years. There are old houses from all the cantons, reconstructed. For that day, and only that day, I won't mind light drizzle!! I reckon that will keep visitor numbers down :)

Today I did my first cooking session for a client (I have food hygiene and catering certs!) - she bought the produce and I prepped meat and veg before browning off, deglazing the pan with red wine (:)), seasoning and putting in casserole dish ready for cooking through. It smelled good, hope it tastes good! I left a pan of spuds to go with a portion but she should get 4 portions from the batch I left.

VJsMum, that is very exciting news about your OH :beer:
    I have changed my work-life balance to a life-work balance. :grin:
  • nursemaggie
    nursemaggie Posts: 2,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I back from Manchester managed to get a pair of trainers with the big tick in the right size for me. They don't squash my big toes and as they are navy blue they look more like shoes. Pity about the pink ticks.

I have been putting off going to Sports Direct because of the way he treats his staff but beggars can't be choosers. They were quite busy at nearly closing time. Did not get my scan until nearly 5 o'clock.

I took the wrong glasses with me, I did not realize I had my computer glasses on. I could not get near enough to read the timetables and could not hear a thing for all the trains.

Not a bad journey today.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure