PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Options

Comments

• ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Oh wondercollie, your poor feet :(

MMF If you're going to the Alps in the near future (sorry, I can't remember when it is), if you have a waterproof jacket that can be worn with a fleece underneath that would probably be better at this time of year. The nights will be chilly but the days may still be warm. Have a lovely time, anyway :) Take warm socks - I found I needed to wear mine in bed, that was in April.
  • Softstuff
    Softstuff Posts: 3,086 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ouchies Wondercollie, hope that heals well for you soon. And now I have an image of you as a ballerina.

Floss, over here Kathmandu have fast drying undies too.... just sayin :p

MrsLW, I reserve mention of the C word each year until I get back from England. I've no idea this year where we'll be on the big day... probably another family lunch, which will mean ham for us in Australia. Beef sounds absolutely wonderful!

I had one supermarket delivery here once, must have been a good special or maybe we were ill, I don't remember. But where I'd ordered 100g of something, they sent 300-400g, but had only charged for the 100.... worked out good value. But the best before dates were terrible.
    Softstuff- Officially better than 007
  • Onebrokelady
    Onebrokelady Posts: 7,386 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I really need to pop in more often,I just can't keep up with this thread:eek:
    I used to have my shopping delivered when my girls were both at home but now me and DD shop separately it's no worth it,my funniest experience was accidentally ordering 72 loo rolls one evening,I was dithering about ordering a big packet as I didn't have anywhere to keep them but decided in the end to go for it as they were cheap,I must have pressed the button too many times or didn't delete something properly because iI ended up with all this loo roll,the delivery man must have thought we had a bad case of the trots:rotfl:
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £6,080.1 Owed = £11,549.9
  • Helebore
    Helebore Posts: 181 Forumite
    Options
    I think it may have been my first ever supermarket order, quite a few years ago, was still on dial up internet so was always fearful I would lose everything. I only wanted 4 bananas. I duly placed my order. I managed to see what I had bought. Phew! My 4 bananas had changed to 4 kg of bananas! Luckily as I had seen it I was able to phone them up and cancel them, stating to whoever that I was speaking to to guess what I wanted to change in my order! It caused much merriment at work once I had (stupidly!) told a few people! Well it was quite a novelty then, online food ordering!
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    Options
    Morning. :)

Soggy pants. I can't think of anything worse when travelling. No amount of hot drinks would pacify me. If you kept your chipper up VJs you're a better woman than I!

I'm about to have my porridge and then add some vinegar to the remaining oat milk and try my hand at lammas bread that way. DH has gone to work with part HM oat milk and part coo's milk in his porridge. He doesn't know it but he's being weaned. ;)

I'm child free this morning and loving it. I'm up and ready to just do stuff. This wet, colder, dull weather is appealing to my cosiness side. I think my what-used-to-be-coffee-but-now-herbal-tea breaks will be sat looking at pictures of hygge. I feel the motivation and excitement for homemaking swirl within me. :D
  • Emptynester
    Options
    Yes Mrs LW after a few relocations we found 'home' and have been happily nestled between Gloucester and Cheltenham for more than 25 years. It felt right the first day we looked at this house and we have never regretted it. You are coming to a lovely part of the country. Apart from Gloucester city centre which suffers from the same empty shops and some dubious 1960s buildings that a lot of towns and cities share.
    Mention of the C word did not raise my spirits this morning lol. I did remark to DH on Saturday that I feel as if the year has turned. Probably due to the return to more normal weather but all the same I admit I am beginning to think about autumn and winter and making plans. This will be my first winter since I needed to stop work and I know I need plans and some sort of routine to make the best I can of it.
    The highs and lows of waterproof trousers. Wonderful when they do the job and the times when the rain comes on so hard and fast that we can't get them on :(.

Enjoy our changing weather folks. Lets get ready for our autumn adventures.
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    Options
    DD2 and her family are at Blackpool atm. I fear they're going to get a bit wet, and I don't mean in the sea!
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,011 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Summer has really gone from here, cloudy and showery and looks like staying that way for a while. Seems quite fitting, we go back to school tomorrow!
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,957 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    fuddle wrote: »
    Morning. :)

Soggy pants. I can't think of anything worse when travelling. No amount of hot drinks would pacify me. If you kept your chipper up VJs you're a better woman than I!

:D

It's OK - my cagoule comes to just below my arris so that bit stayed dry :p my legs dried quickly as my trews are very light.

Goodness, Camelot! Back to school already??? it's pleasant here but not boiling. Apparently hotter weather is returning, but there doesn't seem to be any sign of it here in the Midlands in the 14 day forecast..

Today i am doing some marking, meeting a friend for lunch and a walk (we are going to a NT in between where we each live and i delight in saying "A walk at Calke" :rotfl:). Just me for tea as OH and kids going to visit the MiL so i shall drag something from the freezer.

I have decided i need to go back to meal planning. i used to do it all the time but have got out of the habit and i think that's why i get so fed up with the 'what shall we have for tea' question, as i have to think of it every day.. Also my freezers are in a bit of a state and i need to assess what we have - therefore this week's meal plans will revolve around reducing the freezer stocks so that i can see what's in there...

OH put in his 'intention to retire in April' letter today :eek::eek:

Back to marking another exam question.. s'laters
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 13 August 2018 at 9:34AM
    Options
    Its hissing down with rain just now, just a steady pour, not the hectic rain that some of you have had. Typical, I need to go to Aldi this morning, will wait a bit and see if it stops. Supposed to be getting a call from someone re help for me when OH comes home.

Its quite a bit cooler but there is still a stuffiness in the air, very little breeze.

Nothing planned apart from the visit to Aldi. I will change the bed when I know OH is coming home, I have been alternating sleeping on each side of the bed whilst he has been in hospital, no idea when they are going to send him home.

In visiting yesterday SS is home today, he is going to see his day tomorrow if he is still in. I am going in tomorrow morning. May have some news at that point.

OH is using the walking frame better and seems to be walking more confidently, I walked him to the toilet and back yesterday. He is quite weak, although he is eating not too badly. Some of the meals are not good, but he has found ones he likes so orders them, he said the roast chicken was really good, so he had ordered it for his supper last night.

I need to go through the freezers and see whats in them, contemplating a new fridge freezer for the kitchen, one a bit taller with 4 shelves in the freezer. The upright in my sewing room is full to bursting.......with fruit from the garden. The beans finally collapsed yesterday so I need to try and get out and cut them down. There french beans are still going ok as are the courgettes. Have not even looked as far as the blackberries, leaving them for the birds this year. I still have 2 bags in the freezer from last year.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback