Forum Home» Old Style MoneySaving

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat! - Page 537

New Post Advanced Search

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Old Style MoneySaving
11.5K replies 1.1M views

Replies

• mardathamardatha Forumite
    15.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh Polly how could you even imagine that of me? Mmmmhm?
    Lamb casserole
    Lamb hotpot
    Lamb stovies
    Roast lamb in gravy
    Roast lamb in mint sauce
    Hmmmmmmmm.............
  • SoftstuffSoftstuff Forumite
    3.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had to look up what lamb stovies was. I warn you, don't google image search :lipsrseal

Glad the RV is getting rattier again.

Mental health issues are hard for those who never had them to understand, even the most compassionate of those folk. Anyone who'd had a dose of it though gets a real understanding. It's never *just* mental either. A broken arm tends to be just the arm, depression for example affects everything from your hair, to your stomach, your energy levels to your weight. Huge hugs for everyone dealing with their or their families mental health issues.

Pollyanna, I'm the last of the line in my family. Mum was an only child, I have a half sister unrelated to my mother, nan and grandad were both onlys and that went back as far as I could trace. I'm putting my trust in her friends. We'll see tonight (oz time, Monday morning UK time) what's happening.

My morning so far has gone to poop. Was picking eggs out of the carton to boil, one went to roll off the counter when I had one in each hand. Instinctively I caught it again the edge of the bench.... with my stomach. Egg went through my pj top, pj pants and knickers, dripped down my leg, covered the counter, covered the floor. :o So I cleaned all that up and put on a quick wash (I am at work soon). Went to the outside bin to find that typical aussie situation, it's covered in maggots :eek:

Grumbling a bit, in a too hot bathrobe, I ate brekkie. Hopefully the rest of the day goes easier.
    Softstuff- Officially better than 007
  • ivyleafivyleaf Forumite
    6.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh dear, Softstuff! I hope it improves! xx

pollyanna I remembered a "craft lamp" I'd bought to use when sewing, which turned out not to be the right sort of design to fit beside/behind the sewing machine, so I dug that out and OH fixed it up for me on top of the bookcase beside my chair, perched on top of my stationery. I can now see the keyboard! :j

DS (electrician) had a look at my broken lamp and declared he can fix it, and has ordered the necessary parts from the bay of e.

mardatha
    So glad to hear the RV is feeling better!
  • Hard_Up_HesterHard_Up_Hester Forumite
    4.2K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pollyanna, dd is still having to attend the course.

We're getting accustomed to life on the slant as we are still aground and listing to port.

CHS is back to work today and I'm on cat sitting duties.
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • silver-oldiesilver-oldie Forumite
    908 posts
    Fifth Anniversary
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Hopefuljoy

Softstuff sorry to hear life is so difficult for you at the moment. Sorry can't add anything to the suggestions already made to help your Mum.

I always read along but don't post often.
    Have tried to post a couple of times in the last week but have deleted them, so many of you are struggling with so much. I'm just feeling sorry for myself.

Hugs to all who want or need them.
    If you walk at night no-one will see you cry.
  • Hard_Up_HesterHard_Up_Hester Forumite
    4.2K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Silver oldie, post away we are all hear to listen, I keep wittering on about my ankle and it's nothing serious I just like to whinge, lol.
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • VJsmumVJsmum Forumite
    6.1K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was just going to say what Hester said, Silver - feeling sorry for yourself is ok too. Post away...

Nothing to report here - what a miserable day it is.
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • ivyleafivyleaf Forumite
    6.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    silver-oldie Please don't feel you shouldn't post when you're feeling low about things just because you feel you're better off than some. If you see what I mean :)
  • mardathamardatha Forumite
    15.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hester how did you go aground on a canal? :rotfl: the tide canny go out!
  • edited 3 April 2018 at 9:23AM
    silver-oldiesilver-oldie Forumite
    908 posts
    Fifth Anniversary
    ✭✭✭
    edited 3 April 2018 at 9:23AM
    Thank you

As some of you already know DH has dementia. He went to cognitive therapy and had 6 monthly assessments. Last time we went he was discharged, they say I am to monitor him and let them know of any significant changes.

Last week I had a phone call from my Mother's care home to say the Dr had been called and she had been taken to hospital as her blood pressure, heart rate every thing had dropped too low. We went to the hospital and after several hours with her and a night with no sleep, she is ok and back at the care home. I just realised I had no one to call, no one to tell.

I feel so alone.
    If you walk at night no-one will see you cry.