PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Options

Comments

• ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have just seen in the paper that the price of stamps has gone up AGAIN! Sneaked that one in, didn't they? :mad:
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    Options
    We've stopped for the day, 5 hours, 5 locks, 3 blackheads, 1 swing bridge,1 dog attack, 1 helpful jogger, 1 very swollen ankle. Crackheads, not blackheads.

I'm heaving a lock gate open when a lady appeared with 4 dogs, one of which found me very scary and decided to threaten me, the rest of the pack joined in!
    The first one tried to nip me the others just barked, it caught my shoe so no blood drawn, good job I'm not scared of dogs, I think it's the Windlass that scares them, they think it's a weapon.

I did try an ankle support but it didn't help, possibly because I'm tramping over rough ground.

There is roast lamb cooking, it will be ready about 6 I hope I can stay awake long enough to eat it.
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hester - elevate that ankle and put frozen peas or a cold flannel to get the swelling down and get CHS to do dinner!
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • MMF007
    MMF007 Posts: 1,375 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 26 March 2018 at 6:36PM
    Options
    Ooh, part time hermits!? I like that idea.
    I enjoy being on my own but I also love a good natter (you'd never guess, would you??).
    I love reading, too, but have no inclination to impose the Dewey decimal system anywhere (hope that doesn't rule me out). I can bring toasties with cheese, ham and fig relish in :)

One of my clients rang this morning to cancel an hour this afternoon so I popped round to a friend's for, er, a natter! As it happens said friend needs a few hours help next week so she has commissioned me to do some of the heavy work.
    I have changed my work-life balance to a life-work balance. :grin:
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You lot are bonkers, do you know that?

I was going to do some tidying in the garden when I got home from work but went to put away a pay slip and ended up sorting all the paperwork that made it to the cupboard but not the folders. I've also activated 2 bank cards that had been sent a few weeks ago, forgot all about them - I would have remembered when the present cards were declined.

It's now a bit too late to go outside but the extra daylight has certainly lifted my mood for the evenings and there's always tomorrow!

Decided to play netball with the children after school and ran into one poor little soul, I have a very sore knee so I hate to think of her injuries, must check on her tomorrow (if she can walk!).
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,512 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    MMF007 wrote: »
    Ooh, part time hermits!? I like that idea.
    I enjoy being on my own but I also love a good natter (you'd never guess, would you??).

My DH always laughs when I describe myself as an introvert extrovert

If you met me, I appear to be a big personality, a bit on the gobby side, with a penchant for profanity.

In reality, most of life is waaayyy to 'peopley' for my taste and my favorite place is Home, with a book and a glass of wine :D

One of my favourite sayings is there are 7.4 billion people in the world and i can tolerate like 3 of you :rotfl:
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Options
    It's going to be a long night!

Having passed 2 mooring spaces earlier on as 'there is bound to be a better one soon' well there wasn't so we are moored under a very large hill that is covered in trees.
    So there is no light to power the solar and no tv reception, I pointed out that I don't want to go to bed for at least another 3 hours, CHS assured me that the tv just needs retuning as we have traveled so far.
    Nope, I've tried it, there are no channels available, please check your antenna, says the message on the tv.
    Oh joy, noble and meaningful thoughts it is then.
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,150 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    CHS had better come up with some way to keep you entertained then Hester ;)
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    edited 26 March 2018 at 8:28PM
    Options
    Unfortunately Greenbee he cannot last for 3 hours!
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,512 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Unfortunately Greenberg he cannot last for 3 hours!

Do you have a set of jump leads :D
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family