PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Options

Comments

• Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,514 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Polly you forgot to say 'SHHHHHH' :rotfl:
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I shall practise that Islandmaid . Reading back I had missed the mention of Hermits R Us .

Sorry monna look what happens when i get excited . So FairyP is no.1 in the queue . We all need to drop down one place :D

Twas such a lovely dream .

polly
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Not sure if I fit in here, never having been a librarian. My idea of heaven is a bed in a library, flanked by a coffee machine and a toaster.
    On the other hand I don't know how many thousands of children I have taught to read on my unsteady lurch through life. Does that count?

As for Hermits R Us I'm afraid you will all have to shuffle back one in the queue. My game so I am No. 1. In any case my innate bossiness precludes me from being anywhere but in charge. I'm sorry. I don't take orders. I barely take suggestions.

You see what you've started FairyP? You should know full well that this gang of reprobates need no encouragement in indulging in flights of fancy. Goodness knows where this is heading.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • pollyanna_26
    Options
    You don't have to be a liberian monna I don't think there is a shortage of volunteers . Like me you taught countless children to read in school which qualifies you for the role . As it's your game you call the shots .

You can recline on a comfy sofa issuing instructions , looking for motivational quotes to keep us running all aspects of the community .
    You could plan meals and other refreshments . You'd have many tales to tell in the evening to keep us entertained .

polly x

• pollyanna_26
    Options
    I may have blown my chances . Just spotted the awful typo in my previous post . Get it right this time Polly . Librarian .
    x

• silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Not sure Monna wants to be a Liberian - too hot by far!
    Can I be at the back of the queue please? I come from a family or avid readers and have coached many !ittlies with their reading too. I don't have a big collection of books as once read they are donated but my idea of heaven is a sunlounger on Freshwater beach with a very thick juicy book and a cheese sandwich.
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • pandamonium
    Options
    Can I come too please? I was a school librarian. I now have an eclectic collection of books. I too would like some peace and quiet to read; one husband and four adult children seem determined to thwart this.
    I can make a mean lemon drizzle cake :D.
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    My favourite librarian says Oook and eats bananas!

Yet another night kept awake by a painful ankle, rest would help but fat chance of that now we are CCers.

Sleepless nights are worse when I cannot read or browse the web as I cannot charge my kindle, the solar panels don't work in the dark.
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hester, being kept awake at night by pain is the pits. Worse if you have no distractions. It will have to be back to childhood and a torch under the blankets for you.
    One of the good things about living on your own is the freedom to put lights on and make tea, or read, or do puzzles, or amuse yourself in any way you choose without grumbling from a companion. It's a real novelty.
    Sadly its no good if you have no electricity.

Sorry Hester, you will just have to think deep, noble thoughts.

Polly, I love the picture that you paint of my life in our new community. How well you know me. I am particularly drawn to the 'issuing instructions' bit. Oooh! the power!

Silva, don't worry about the lack of books. From what I am hearing, everyone else will more than make up for your deficiencies in that area.

Panda, the more the merrier. Lemon drizzle cake shall be your passport.

Now to try for a couple more hours sleep.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,514 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Do you lot never sleep :D Or are you just taking it in turns to patrol :)

Hey ho - off to work I go.... late, not bothered

Will frisk the Postie later for intricately wrapped puppy dogs x
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills