PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - proper Old Style support and chat!

Options

Comments

• mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    Options
    Well he must have been going too fast round a tight bend, they always come off at exactly the same spot.. Looks so beautiful out of the window, and we have to get a bus at 8am tomorrow to the hospital. If the road is open. Seemingly they pulled buses off the Edinburgh-Peebles road earlier - am wondering what all the Peebles folk working in EdinB are going to do to get home tonight!
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Collateral damage I think it's called. It can't be good for everyone,
    You surely aren't going to risk taking the RV to the hospital tomorrow. Just imagine, if you do manage to get there you may not be able to get back.
    I suggest a quick phone call to the bus co. in the morning to find out what's moving.

Perhaps the snow is not quite so much fun after all.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • mardatha
    Options
    Forecast to go off at 3am monna and they will get all the gritters on it for the morning rush hour. Will check with the buses in the morning yes. Being picked up at teatime by son with a 4x4 truck :)
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,012 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It's been snowing on and off here all day, I left the house at 6.30 to go for a swim before work and was the only one in the pool! Usually there's a group of OAPs there at 7 when it opens but very sensibly they had stayed at home. The roads didn't appear to have been gritted and I saw an overturned car on the opposite carriageway, obviously going far too fast as it's usually a good bit of road.

I do hope everyone was ok, I felt very sorry for the police officers having to be out in that.

Most folk at school were late, staff and children, total chaos for the first hour. We have 3 teachers off sick too, made for an interesting day - plenty of PE lessons going on - the children will be too exhausted to go out and play in the snow!

Good to hear from you burtha, I really hope you have got a good Solicitor, sounds like you need all the advice you can get, many hugs to you.

Hope you are all cosy and warm mardatha and tomorrow's appt isn't too difficult.
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Just checking in.

I don't feel at all well but I am not at death's door. At the moment I'm thinking it's just a cold virus. I have had flu in the past and know how horrendous it is.

I've been drinking lots of tea and am warm but feel chilled through inside if that makes sense.

It's funny how my stomach gives me a clue to impending illness. I think it goes back to when I had Glandular Fever as a young teen and was bed ridden for 5 weeks and then exhausted for another 6 months. My stomach starts hurting every time I get ill now...it's not nice.

Thank you all for the well wishes and I will be sure to check in so you don't worry :o :A xx
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 16 January 2018 at 6:58PM
    Options
    OK then mar, I'll let you go. Sons can be useful, particularly sons with 4x4s.

Obviously everyone else has gone to bed early. Or perhaps seeing that Mar and I are on a roll are standing by in appalled fascination to watch developments.

It's freezing cold here and the wind is picking up. I'm going to get myself into bed quite soon, warmest place to be. I'll be quite happy with the TV and my book, and of course my trusty tablet.

ETA. glad to hear you are still operational Karcher. Don't let it develop into anything if you can help it.

Obviously everyone has not gone AWOL just posting at the same time as me and making my post look even more ridiculous.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • mardatha
    Options
    Still snowing here - the RV keeps clearing the path and when he comes in it starts again and covers it. It's 8 inches now and still more to come.
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Oooh Snowmen!!! Never seem to get quite enough down here to make one :(
    Monna and Islandmaid - hunker down tomorrow night as we've got gales coming in.
    Karcher - hope you recover quickly from the 'lurgy'
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • burtha
    burtha Posts: 903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi all, hope you get to the hospital tomorrow mardatha safely
    There's not to much snow here , on and off all day and very cold
    Still managed to run 2.5 miles in it tonight ... soon as we came in from school , kids had nothing on straight away so managed to get out in daylight .... hail and snow but fun ....
    Then shopping with youngest dd ... not that long back in , sat eating reduced pizza and salad... and the fire is on , after a bit of a fight I won ... just need to try a get the heating on next .... hey ho
    Stay safe everyone xx
    £223/ £250 GC
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    karcher

Would a hot water bottle on your tummy help?

Older dd was at a meeting down south but thankfully was told by H and S person to leave early as snow was forecast. She got back safely but her DH who was only a few miles away took over an hour later to drive home due to the snow.

I will look out my boots and warm coat as I volunteer at the library tomorrow. A large pot of lamb stew has been cooked and is about to go in the fridge for tomorrow and a grocery delivery came this morning and has been put away.

It has been snowing a couple of times but not lying so far.
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family