🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Unsinkable

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Afternoon,

Rotten lot didn't leave any pie...something about they like my pies. So left over baked potato with cheese and coleslaw from Friday for lunch instead. We are having sausages, mash and peas for dinner tonight, so I may make extra for tomorrow.

NSD today, I need to get a few top up bits on my way home but I don't include them in my NSD's.

Back to my AFD's for the week, determined to get to Thursday this week.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    :eek: to no pie! Have a nice evening :)
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • MistyMountainTop
    Options
    I remember dreading the hair visitors, my kids all have super thick hair and would cry when I combed it. I checked my kids every day when they got home from school but would still manage to miss some. What a hassle - it was a huge relief once they all were in high school and the problem disappeared.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    That's the thing DD is in secondary school and has had more lice in Year 7 then she ever did before. I emailed her Year head and asked her to send a note out to all year 7 parents but nothing through that I've seen.

It's a bit disheartening and frustrating to have to keep doing her hair.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Afternoon,

Bad news over Carillion, I feel sorry for the staff and the subcontractors, what a worry for them especially the ones with young kids :(

NSD today so far and I brought my lunch to work too.

One of the lovely site managers gave me a box of 6 eggs from his chickens that he picked this morning :) they're massive.

So, I've done a wrecky of the finances and we have £94 'extra' from somewhere, I can't figure out why or where for? So should I keep it to one side until payday or do I pay it off the MBNA card as an extra payment?
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Well done on the NSD PMO2 and brilliant news on the eggs!

xx
    Mummytogirls x

• doingitanyway
    Options
    Lovely re the eggs :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    So much for tonight being AF one, had an email from the school regarding DS's behaviour....I'm so annoyed I could cry :mad: :cry:

Waiting to hear from hubby to find out what time train he's on so I can then start dinner.
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    So much for tonight being AF one, had an email from the school regarding DS's behaviour....I'm so annoyed I could cry :mad: :cry:

Waiting to hear from hubby to find out what time train he's on so I can then start dinner.

I'm so sorry you have had one of those emails, I have had them in the past (and will no doubt have more in the future) and it's just horrible. Have a large glass of wine and a good cry/stamp of feet/shout.

I was in sainsburys a little while ago and DS was driving me mad and a lady about 10 yrs older than me tapped me on the shoulder and said "I found gin helped when mine were that age" she smiled and walked off :rotfl:

Teenage boys, the joys :eek:.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Thanks PWPS xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts