Unsinkable

Options

Comments

• Morning,

When you lie there awake in the early hours dreading the thought of going to work, you know you've made the right decision to change jobs. That's me at the moment.

Really hoping next Tuesday changes my luck for the better.

DD was in tears yesterday afternoon, she rang me to say she's got a detention today for not doing all her homework. A bit of reassurance and she's prepared.

We've someone coming to clean the oven tomorrow. A local company are running an offer £35 for a single oven cleaned, as the last owners didn't seem to clean the oven, it'll be good to get it done properly and then I can keep on top of it.

DH's car will be ready next Friday/Saturday although they've said it could be the following Monday.

DH is off out tonight with his work colleagues to say farewell to someone, so a nice easy night here but I'll go pick him up otherwise it's a £15 cab journey home :eek:

Back later
  • redofromstart
    Options
    I used to have that with the job thing, its much better now. Do have the odd insomnia still, like when old work mates get in touch and make me think about how awful it was. Everything crossed for you.

I had the oven cleaned professionally, it was wonderful and worth every penny. I bought some H&B silicon sheet things (£2) to put in the bottom, they are an easy wipe rather than a major clean so it has been easier to keep on top.
  • I used to have that with the job thing, its much better now. Do have the odd insomnia still, like when old work mates get in touch and make me think about how awful it was. Everything crossed for you.

I had the oven cleaned professionally, it was wonderful and worth every penny. I bought some H&B silicon sheet things (£2) to put in the bottom, they are an easy wipe rather than a major clean so it has been easier to keep on top.

It's awful when thngs gets that bad, I had it once before and made sure I got out of that place.

I think our local tesco sell some oven liners, I think i'll invest in a roll of that.
  • mummytogirls
    Options
    Awww you've defo made the right decision PMO2, hate that feeling.

Have a lovely weekend xx
    Mummytogirls x

• Hiddenidenity
    Options
    Have a lovely weekend, Really hope you get the job x
  • Morning and happy Saturday :)

Busy, busy day today.

Need to nip to Primark and get DS a cheap black dinner jacket for his 'do' tonight.

The oven is getting cleaned....never thought I'd be excited about that :rotfl:

Had a great day survey wise yesterday, nearly at payout on VO and half way to £20 on PA.

My DC colleague handed in her notice yesterday, she can't put up with our boss any longer and has found somewhere else, she leaves at the end of the month.

Other stuff to be done:
    • Washing
    • Ironing
    • Cooking
    • Kids to change their beds
    • Help kids with their homework
    • Food shop - only need bits

DH had a frustrating night out, which has resolved that he's going to put in for a transfer. Can't say I blame him after all the carp recently so I know he'll do what's best for him and us.

2017 has definitely been an interesting one in this family, hope 2018 is a bit more sedate :rotfl:
  • Afternoon,

Dinner jacket picked up for DS, had to go to Marks in the end as the smallest one in Primark looked like a dress on him :rotfl:

Oven is all new and shiny, I'm afraid to use it now :rotfl: Can't believe that the previous owners could let it get that bad :eek:

Food shop done.

Kids badgered to change their beds so I can wash their stuff...mean mum!

Hope everyone is having a chilled Saturday?
  • Morning,

Have had a very LA weekend due to various things, picked up some Eisberg fizzy stuff to try.

DS had a great night last night, he looked very smart and didn't spend a penny.

Roast chicken for dinner tonight.

Need to go to Tesco for a few bits that I forgot yesterday.

Plan for today:
    Cooking
    Finish washing
    Do ironing
    Prep dinner
    Sort kids homework
    Sort lunch for tomorrow

Plan for this week:
    NSD's
    AFD's
    Sort out DD's online payment thingy for school
    Keep up with LTW
    sort out DD's subs for Guides
    Surveys, surveys and more surveys :D
    Need to do more MSE kind of stuff

Cuppa first then on with the show.
  • Lean 15 lasagne made for Tuesday and dinner prepped for today.

Found a packet of chocolate Angel Delight in the cupboard, so that's been made for the kids. Enough for four small bowls so they've got a few days there between them.

Washing all sorted and kids have put theirs away. DH is now ironing :)

Dishwasher done and emptied and put away. Washing up done too.

Our bed has been made, need to change it next weekend.

Trip to Tesco resulted in a good haul. Got bits I missed but also I got some reduced pork loin and 900kg of beef steak mince further reduced, so they've been put in the freezer. I also picked up four bottles of Doombar beer reduced to £1.26 each and got a further £1 off as I'd bought four :D
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    Good bargains :D

And so organised! I love the Sunday feeling of getting everything done :D x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business