Unsinkable

Options

Comments

• moneymanager
    Options
    Hi PMO2, I still love the 218 things in 2018 idea. I see you have cross stitch on your list. I used to do that years ago and made a few birth samplers for nieces and nephews. I loved it. It's a bit fiddly, time consuming and hard on the eyes but really nice when the projects are finished. How about putting crochet on your list? :rotfl:

Well done in getting you Cap 1 card going the right way and glad you made your mind up where you are putting the rest of the money. Sorry to here about DH's job situation but hopefully things will work out in the end.
    Barclaycard: £4,217.55/£5 = 0.11% | Tesco £3,810.55/£3,770.55 = 1.05%
    Total: £8,027.80/£5 = 100%/0.06%
    Mortgage £99,692/£51,652.33 51.8%
    Car Loan: £9,217.20/7,527.38 81.67%
    My Money Managing Ways
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry about DH's work, I hope the situation is sorted soon or he finds something he enjoys more. Good news about your kindle - mine has stopped recharging so is sitting there completely dead. I've had it for donkeys years so can't complain but something is stopping me from getting rid of it, I think I may be holding out hope that it will somehow spring back to life. I've downloaded the kindle app to my ipad mini and it works very well but is a bit heavier to hold. I read a "real" book the other day and was irritated that I couldn't change the size of the font... :p

If you contact Amazon they should fix/replace it. I washed my daughters and they replaced it as a 'goodwill gesture' well over 12 months after her getting it.
    MrsSave wrote: »
    I've got this to look forward to :eek: A few years to go yet mind!

Me too :eek: :rotfl:
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    Hope DH sorts work issues out and is happier.

Well done on the CAP1 going in the right direction :D

Hope you've had a good day x
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    debtaghh wrote: »
    I have a teenage daughter so feel for you!

Thanks, you have my sympathies :A
    How about putting crochet on your list? :rotfl:

Funny you should say that......I can only remember doing a basic stitch my mum taught me though.
    Hope DH sorts work issues out and is happier.

Well done on the CAP1 going in the right direction :D

Hope you've had a good day x

Thanks Hun, hope you did too? X
  • MistyMountainTop
    Options
    If you contact Amazon they should fix/replace it. I washed my daughters and they replaced it as a 'goodwill gesture' well over 12 months after her getting it.

That's worth a try - though my kindle is about 10 years old. I'll send them a message anyway and see what they say :p
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Afternoon,

Nearly weekend and after how this week has gone, I'll be glad to see tomorrow night.

Surveys are pretty quiet at the moment but I am half way to another payout with VO.

DH's expenses go in tomorrow and I have my list of what is due out next week so I can transfer money over accordingly.

My 218 list is nearly done, I have 30 left to go :j :D
  • hugglemonster
    hugglemonster Posts: 1,244 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Hi hope dh manages to sort out his job, it's very difficult when you start feeling that it's not right to come back from that and stay on so I hope he finds something better for him.

Well done on the payments you'll soon get rid of that.

I'm not looking forward to the teenage years with my ds, although we've got dd to get through first, most of the time he is lovely but then he'll do something daft like the other night when he decided to put his exzema cream all over my shoes in my cupboard, he said he couldn't stop himself!

Have a lovely evening, H x
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Yippee it's Friday :j:beer:

Okay the beer above may be too early for that lol but after today I'm on holiday :D

Bank account checked and DH's expenses have gone in, so we're a bit solvent for a few days until I need to move money about.

Nearly had heart failure last night, Wokingham council sent an invoice through for £675.00 with the statement of its now due....the letter accompanying it was behind said invoice and is for DD for her transport for school and confirms the DD that's been set up.

DH said that if we can manage it, to pay it outright if he gets a decent commission payment this month.

I mentioned to DH that I'm hoping that we can get ahead of things by at least 6 months but ideally a year so things like this won't be a problem to sort. Whilst we've got a nice house, I really want to keep it.

We need to buy uniform bits this weekend, not looking forward to that.

Back later x
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    Happy Friday :D x
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Yay to Friday and breaking up today PMO2.

What is the transport fee for? A school bus? I would have thought you would be able to pay for something like that monthly as that is an awful lot to find in one go isn't it! Glad youve got sorted though xx
    Mummytogirls x

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport