We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Unsinkable

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Update time :)

£10 Boots voucher has arrived and has been squirelled away, so that MiL's Christmas presents done, jsut need another one and that's her birthday sorted.

DH's new Cap One card and PIN has arrived.

Other agency rang about a job in Slough, it's based on two projects over there and is 35-40 mins driving time from home :j he's going to come back to me later.
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    Fingers crossed on the job x
  • moneymanager
    Options
    Definitely go on the holiday. Life is way too short and it is worth it for the memories.

Fingers crossed for the job. x
    Barclaycard: £4,217.55/£5 = 0.11% | Tesco £3,810.55/£3,770.55 = 1.05%
    Total: £8,027.80/£5 = 100%/0.06%
    Mortgage £99,692/£51,652.33 51.8%
    Car Loan: £9,217.20/7,527.38 81.67%
    My Money Managing Ways
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    VO hit the cashout level so Boots voucher ordered for MiL for her birthday :) any more now are being saved for Sainsbugs for Christmas or January food stash.
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    You're doing well :D
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Last post for today...

We decided on Tesco pizza for dinner, whilst I was there I bought DH some real ale and spied a bottle of alcohol free ale....it was foul....how can anybody drink that stuff?? Think I'll stick to Hobgoblin :rotfl: I'm on alcohol free wine instead.

My 218 things list is now up to 100 things....now it's getting harder, I'd like to get to 218 but I'm doubtful, I've got a good few months to work on it yet :D

Found the charging lead for my kindle, it's been charged up so I can use it again. Can I use Amazon vouchers to purchase kindle books???

Managed to get two lots of washing out and dried, so that saves a bit of time at the weekend.

Whilst I was at Tesco, I picked up three paint set tubs for the younger niece and nephews, marked down from £8 to £6. These have been squirrelled away for Christmas.

Have a nice night.
  • WinterIsHere
    Options
    Hi. I know you used to be able to use the vouchers for the Kindle and can't see why it would have changed

The paint sets seem good value, i loved getting things like that for the kids, so much better than toys which break after 5 minutes
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    Happy Friday :D

Have a lovely day :D
  • monz
    monz Posts: 4,129 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud! Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    Yes you can use the vouchers, join netgalley get free books for your kindle and choose what you want to read and they are books not released yet by big authors like Jodi Picoult etc you just need to review them. I do this now and authors seek me out. One even sent me an autographed book. So worth it but I read loads books love them
    Debt (1/9/14) £6,702.11 Debt free (30/11/2016) mortgage port- £70,077.82 and mortgage £126,517.39 o/s currently
    Debt - £17,190.83 (29/7/22) now (19/8/22) £16,688.80
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    monz wrote: »
    Yes you can use the vouchers, join netgalley get free books for your kindle and choose what you want to read and they are books not released yet by big authors like Jodi Picoult etc you just need to review them. I do this now and authors seek me out. One even sent me an autographed book. So worth it but I read loads books love them

Thanks for the tip hun, I've had a brief look and will have a proper look later x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure