edited 18 July 2017 at 11:40AM in Old Style MoneySaving
11.3K replies 768.2K views

Replies

• Blackbeard_of_PerranporthBlackbeard_of_Perranporth Forumite
    7.1K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Emergency PM2MsLW
    I’m inn The Bell Selsley. I want Salmon. It comes with Bored Bins.

I think they’re heading for the log fire!
    Cardiac Arrest - Electrical - Patient unconscious! Heart Attack - Plumbing - Patient conscious!
    Defibrillators Cannot Cure a Heart Attack!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    0 posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    MoneySaving Newbie
    I luvs bored beanses, they're one of the first spring fresh things to come off the plot and they taste of spring, Tell the chef you want something else and enjoy the salmon with veg you enjoy don't do penance and eat the bored beans if you hate them, life's too short.
    7.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh my MsLW

I had fish and chips. The fire was roaring with bored bins!
    Cardiac Arrest - Electrical - Patient unconscious! Heart Attack - Plumbing - Patient conscious!
  • FrithFrith Forumite
    6.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pleasures for today (Tuesday).

1) Smaller son's last exam! Catering BTEC. Autism teacher had a little chat with me afterwards. I think it's a collective sigh of relief that school is over for him. Off to college in September - the first time he will not have been in a special needs school since he was 8. What could possibly go wrong...? :-D

2) I spent the exam 1.5 hours in a caf! that opened a couple of weeks ago in a local nature reserve. Nice people and I hope they are successful. Had 2 cups of tea.

3) Hens OK and they had some left over corn on the cob from our tea last night.

4) Went round the charity shops locally and bought smaller son a really nice FatFace t shirt and one as new with pics of all the previous world cup locations. Also an H and M hoodie. Less than £10 for the lot. He is short of clothes and we need to get that sorted before college. I noted today he has grown 10.5 inches whilst at high school. He was pleased with those and they've gone into the washing machine.

5) Bigger son had some internet so we messaged at some length. Had some good photos from him, including a preying mantis in his room.

6) Took smaller son out for pizza to celebrate finishing the exams.

7) Did a lot of wrangling with smaller son's phone contract (overpriced and his screen has been cracked for ages - and I was the one who knocked it off the table). Managed to get a new phone contract for less per month, Ebay his old phone AND get £70 cashback from Quidco. The new phone has almost paid for itself, which was pleasing.

8) I received an email giving me lots of invigilation work for year 10 mock exams over the next 2 weeks. Starting tomorrow, which I can't do as the car MOT is at 9. But I can do every day otherwise.
    Never took piano lessons
    But baby you're a grand
    And I will learn to play the good notes
    And tune you up the best I can
  • VJsmumVJsmum Forumite
    6.1K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morning all from the early train to Lunnnon for a supervision. There won't be many more of these as submission is galloping towards me now.

Ampersand, I loves G&S, wanted to go to the live theatre thingy, but DD was working and I didn't fancy it alone. There's another soon so maybe we'll make that one.

Pleasures for last couple of days

1. Home on Sunday, lovely to be home after a day of travelling, though I didn't order this weather.
    2. Had a bath whilst catching up with the archers.
    3. Worky worky work. Another chapter edited into some order. Further editing will be required.
    4. An early walk into town yesterday for a meeting. Got it over and done, and my daily exercise into the bargain
    5. Nice food, only DD and I to feed, so meat free days - yesterday was 'green' risotto (asparagus, broccoli and pea) though it was pink as I used up some rose wine :rotfl:
    6. 3 loads of washing on the line - nearly dried. DS not back until Monday so I am going to capitalise on that and clean his room and change his sheets
    7. DS passed his second year :T an overall 2:2 which he is a bit disappointed with. He is starting to care at last, which is encouraging and a greater pleasure than the actual passing. Considering that around Christmas he was struggling and wanting to leave, and that he nearly missed an exam, this result is not that bad.
    8. Watched last week's ambulance

Have a lovely day all
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • LaineyTLaineyT Forumite
    3.3K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Currently on holibobs with patchy WiFi but recent pleasures include,

The holiday cottage is very comfy, well equipped with a large garden full of roses to sniff and enjoy.

Lots of walking and it’s very hilly here so good for the leg muscles :)

The weather is being kind, especially yesterday when we spent hours on the beach.

Rock-pooling, collecting sea glass and having a paddle in the sea.

Little dog enjoying herself immensely, especially in the sea so the car is now very sandy :rotfl:

Finding a picture in a local gallery to take home as a reminder of our hols.

Sitting in pub garden, sampling local cider and enjoying a crab salad.

Making the most of the long days, up early and sitting in the garden until late.

& I did see that advertised in SB at the Barn, have never been myself but glad you enjoyed.

Now, time to cross fingers and pedal hard, let’s hope this posts!
    7.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well I never, someone has bin blocked on me farcebucks page. No loss there, so please don’t get your hankies out and spill the milk, ooops bared beens!

Oh yeah, cannot believe the offerings at the wobbleade emporium last eve. Bored Bins. I could only thinks that Ms LW would be in her element quaffing them like there’s no tomorrows. Had fish and chips instead! At least they dids proper foods!

Goings to has to gets me some haricot beens in tom sauce to compensate for the missing of them beens!

Nows onto other things in BoPland!

Milling around at the mill this day. Has some treats I forgets to put inn me lunch box, a cake. Will have it at home later! That way it becomes a better treat.

I has got a food voucher from the Bank of Englerland worth £20 for our wild Wednesday out. Will be converted later. Nosh after work will the millers.

But hey, as usual BoP has his filled and packed lunch box again, with another three proper chocolate digestives inside BoP now!

So that is what it is like in BoP’s life!

Oh, we will do it again!
  • mhagstermhagster Forumite
    3.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello. Think I was just too tired last night to write!

Full house which is nice. DD1 arrived at tea time. Her sister had went up to Glasgow to meet her. The niecelys were all here waiting for them .Haggis was delighted to see his sister as was her real brother who came in a bit later and said hello name .As if she was always here.

We had a yummy pasta for tea...same one I'd been cooking at work. Work was busy enough, I was cook as cook had day off. 'Twas fine! Had some left over millionaire shortbread and apple pies for pud and I'd made an apple and blackberry crumble to use up freezer stock. Cream was RTC .

We went down to visit DD1 godparents and it was just lovely. Much laughing.

Tonight the niecelys all came again and I'd made a lasagne ( well 2 as my big lasagne dish doesn't fit in oven) , all veg in it was RTC, cheese was RTC. Salad was all RTC and garlic bread was RTC. Pud was meringues and strawbs.

Work was fine. Made scones and vegan cupcakes . Not madly busy but kept going, finished at 1pm.

Sat in garden with DD1 chatting.

Then we went down to allotment with dog and did a bit of weeding then delivered rhubarb.

We had literally just got in when the heavens opened and it lashed with rain So that was excellent timing.

Tips in the jar yesterday and today.
  • FrithFrith Forumite
    6.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pleasures for today (Wednesday)

1) Not a bad sleep.

2) Took the car for its MOT and it didn't fail quite as badly as I thought (I thought it would be beyond economic repair).

3) Popped into mum and dad's on the way home from the garage.

4) Went for a walk with my sister and niece in the forest.

5) Hens OK.

6) Went to see my school friend for our weekly cup of tea.

7) Had a look round the charity shops. Found 2 brand new plain M and S t shirts (for me) and it was buy 3, get 1 free. So I found a 3rd t shirt and had 3 for £5!

8) Watched the England football game with smaller son.

9) Bigger son did a video call (first time) and "showed me round".
    Never took piano lessons
    But baby you're a grand
    And I will learn to play the good notes
    And tune you up the best I can
  • villagelifevillagelife Forumite
    2.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    No time yesterday to posy. Not quite sure why.

1. Interesting times at work. Was talked about on Monday that communication needs to be improved. Boss was behind closed doors all day yesterday and too busy to talk.
    Chatted with people one of whom is leaving soon. She is so happy to be leaving.

2. Friend seems to be dealing with her divorce proceedings better than she was.

3. Went to see Osteopath and back is feeling better and I feel straighter. Always a good feeling.

4. DS2 cooked pasta bake with loads left over so lunch for 3 of us and a 2nd dish of it in the freezer.

5. DH went in the garden to sort out a tree and decided to have a drink so we ended up sitting in the greenhouse as it started to rain.