PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Options

Comments

• Chaos!

Snorkers are currently being served! More, loads more later!

Further updates are subject to ripping carpet out!
  • house_elf
    house_elf Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    Options
    Good Morning or Bon Jour if you are in France!

So tired this week. DH was up before me today. Sadly did not bring me tea in bed, so a missed opportunity for an OS pleasure there!

Yesterday

1. Took my group to posh garden centre , as too cold to dig our plot at the gardens. Bought compost and looked at all the different things you can buy. They spent a long time looking at the fish tanks. Bought them all drinks in the cafe. They behaved impeccably. So proud of them all.

2. DS2’s left over kebab meat in wraps for lunch. Very tasty.

3. Rtc bargains in Mr A on the way home. Always makes me v. Happy.

4. Chicken wrapped in ham, HM coleslaw and chips for tea. Yum! DD and her friend opted to join us instead of ordering a takeaway!

5. Watched more of Dark Sun. Fell asleep, so will be continued......

BoP DS2 goes to an UTC engineering college......we were pleased to see one of the girls from his class at primary school also joined in year 10. She has transformed into a confident, stunning and outgoing young woman, from the timid, bullied little girl we knew. I am so happy she has had the opportunity to bloom!

Have a lovely day :)
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,654 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Friday pleasures,

Some sunshine :)

Reassuring chat with vet, we are all on same page as far as Rosie's quality of life is concerned.

Arrangements made to meet with pal for meal and catch up.

Watched a GBBO final from a few years ago, pleasure was had forgotten who won so still a surprise!

Wine and chocolate followed evening meal, guess am comfort eating!
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    1. A couple more NSDs racked up this week.

2. KW talked me out of getting a Chinese takeaway to 'cheer me up' on Thursday, and we cooked a simple, tasty and 'free' meal as it all came from the stores :) Much nicer!

3. Getting closer and closer to the mortgage offer, the banks are just wanting more and more copies of things from us, but apparently the fact they're just wanting documents rather than raising questions is a very good sign.

4. Original lease documents have arrived from the solicitor, basically she thinks they're all ok, we just have to speak to the Housing Association before we do anything! Okeydoke, if that's what it takes!

5. Have signed up to read magazines through my library membership. Freeeeeee :)

6. We're all saving cans and loo rolls for using when planting seeds in both our houses :)

7. Paper seed pot maker has arrived from ebay purchase. Going to take newspapers over to KW's tonight. We know how to party!

8. Prosecco will also be awaiting me :)
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Mrs_Salad_Dodger Posts: 4,933 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 20 January 2018 at 9:42PM
    Options
    Hi everyone, have loved reading everyone’s pleasures.

1. Initial cull of Cookery Books has cleared some space - kept 17, cs’d 17 & Recycled 10 as they were too damaged/musty to be cs'd.

2. Have nearly filled a cs bag (excluding the books) with bric a brac/holiday mementoes (I have the memories & the photos:))

3. DH went to sm with a list & came back with list +++ - my favourite being Battenberg! No cooking tonight, just snack food.

4. Freezer now has ice creams - Double Raspberry!

5. Store cupboard contents list updated.

Have a good night one & all.

MrsSD:)
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,965 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Evening all

Pleasures for Friday

1. Coffee with friend who came up with good suggestions re DD and her finances
    2. Then met DD in town to upgrade her phone. Put the contract in her name as a result of 1), starting to improve her credit rating
    3. Then we had lunch in Costa
    4. Bit more work done when I got home
    5. Out for curry with friends. We haven't been able to organise a dinner event for a long time, it is one of the things I can now do when I would have gone to dad's :( so a bit of a bitter sweet pleasure

And today

1. Bit of a lie in
    2 OH cooked Begg for breakfast
    3. OH went up the ladder to fix the ridge tile, but it was not safe and I refused to hold the ladder. The upshot being that we have booked a roofer to come on Tuesday. Rather expensive but, as someone on another thread said, cheaper than a funeral director, which is the pleasure
    4. Cleaned the bathrooms and changed beds
    5 OH has cooked chicken curry for tea
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,241 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 20 January 2018 at 10:24PM
    Options
    Change of plans first thing. Cancelled a trip as weather was shocking last night & first thing & DD2 wasn't very well. It can be rearranged.

Sorted out veg order. Made an apple & pear crumble for freezer. Mandarin marmalade using up older fruit that no one was eating & leek & potato soup which was yummy.

Bit of ironing, bit of tidying. Bit of this & that. Bit of snoozing. Had been up since 3.45am with Mr Dog vomiting...why is it always middle of the blooming night?

Chat with friend.

Cuddles & much nonsense with DD1 .
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,185 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Pleasures for today (Saturday).

1) A lie in!

2) Cooked breakfast of sausages, tomatoes, mushrooms, baked beans and fried eggs.

3) More snow (4th lot). Hens seemed OK.

4) Went out after lunch to do various tasks in town with sons.

5) Cauliflower cheese for tea.

6) Watched Casualty.
  • house_elf
    house_elf Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    Options
    Morning Folks,

Despite having a headache all day.....

1. A lie in.......never happens!

2. Soap carving at the museum. I think I need a bit more practice :rotfl: However, my friend went around all the tables and rescued all the soap shavings for me to make washing Gloop!

3. Put DH raincoat on EBay. Been meaning to do it for weeks. :j

4. Early birthday meal with DH and children. Lots of laughter and silly photos. Nice to see them all together, as when they are at home, they are usually in different rooms.

5. Early night. Such lightweights for a Saturday night. :rotfl:

Have a lovely day. No snow here, but v cold. :)
  • dietdemon
    Options
    Dear all it is so refreshing reading your posts. I am trying to simplify life so that I can reduce my hours at work. As I have a 3 hour commute a day and not getting any younger! I would like to be able to do this in the next 2 years.

I need to reduce my outgoings to do this which just seem to disappear! So getting a handle on this. I also thought it would be good to remember on a daily basis the good things I enjoy that have no or very little cost but bring such pleasure.

Here goes

Being warm and toasty in bed although freezing outside
    First cup of coffee of the day
    Day off work spent with DH
    Watching the antics of my dog
    Music on radio 2

Happy Sunday all:)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income