PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Options

Comments

• bagpuss38
    Options
    Friday pleasures

1. Peaceful bus journey into work.
    2. Easy enough day, changes taking places in a reshuffle that may or may not suit me. Time will tell.
    3. Fish and chips from the freezer for tea.
    4. Began planning Disneyland Paris trip for next new year, current plans very much in my head at the mo but here's hoping they bear fruit.
    5. Danny Dyer on the last leg, was sleepy now laughing my head off :rotfl:

Welcome back mhags clan and that cheeky dog boy x
    SIMPLY BE-££577.11:eek:
    Very BNPL - £353.00:o
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    I have had a stinking cold and sore throat all week so haven't been here as much and am just catching up with all your news

Sorry to read about your Dad VJsMum x
    MHags so please to hear Haggis has recovered, what a worry for you, hope you can relax now will all your family and have a lovely xmas
    Frith sorry to hear about archaeology Larry, what an awful way to go. Any further news on bigger son moving out or has he realised which side his bread is buttered on !! My DS has a new gf and hasn't been home for a week other than to collect stuff for work and see the dog. Not sure how I feel. Am not missing him :rotfl:

Some recent pleasures

1. slow cooker stew from freezer to mouth in 10 mins thanks to chef Mike (Rowave).

2. lots of hot tea to soothe my sore throat

3. covered myself with a furry throw and puppy came and laid next to me :)

4. check up at vets and spaying scar is healing nicely so we can take the cone of shame off on sunday. It is held together with a lot of tape at the moment :rotfl:

5. puppy hates sitting in back seat of my car and have to drag her to the door and hoist her in. Have discovered since she has been wearing cone of shame that she will happy go in the boot with the back seats laid down so she can gaze out the back window of the car and see what's going on :D
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,644 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Epic post as always DFV thank you :D

Friday pleasures,

Capt S up early to take eldest to train station so he can travel north to join brother in the beginning of 21st birthday festivities, what could possibly go wrong :rotfl:

Took advantage of above to be in town just as opticians opened, advised that the fronts of broken glasses couldn't be replaced as previously advised, so they had given me a whole new pair of frames for the same, quoted price. Fantastic service from local independent.

JL responded to email complaint to advice refund of charged costs and a £40 credit added to account :j

Lulu savouring the large apple that I had cut up for her, she closed her eyes and crunched away.

Temps dropping so tea was a prawn and chickpea curry with naan bread, with a glass of cold cider to cool things down.
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    1. There's a glimmer of hope on the mortgage front, but will know more on Monday.

2. KW and I had a fab night out watching a singalong version of the Muppet Christmas Carol, him drinking whisky every time the bell tolled, everyone throwing cotton wool balls for snow, etc etc :)

3. Only spent £3.90.

4. Took KW leftover pizza from my dinner as he was working until 15 minutes before the film night!!

5. Went to see an amazing play with the school yesterday, they didn't like it....they LOVED it :):)
  • Emergency :heartpuls to VJs

5 Had usual snorker and best back this morning with mushrooms, fried tatties, grilled toms, poached eggs on hot buttered toast. Fresh squeezed oranges and tea were wolfed down!

4 Watched the Grand Tour last night, then a bit of the rugby. Wobbleade was consumed.

3 Got new net of internet box for change over on Monday. Saving pennies! Then checked the gas and electric and reduced my payment again! More wobbleade chits inn BoP's pocket! Check you are on the best tariffs gals.

2 Set up for the football this afternoon!

Enough of BoP Antics!
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,960 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hello all

my dad passed away this morning - we had the 'come now' phone call yesterday afternoon and, despite much motorway traffic, made it down in a few hours. we were told it could be hours - or days!! two of my brothers and I did an all night vigil whilst the day shift slept. but he passed before the day shift got back.

the pleasures are that, he must have had the cancer for a long time and has only been troubled by it in the last couple of weeks and only known for 2 days.
    He did not linger and passed peacefully - which is what he would have wanted
    My sister and i had a wonderful visit with him on Thursday, where he was bright and cheery and acting the goat

I am rather devastated, he could be very difficult but looked so frail lying there.... it is the end of an era and things will never quite be the same again..
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,906 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Oh my dear - what a shock!
    Hurrah your could all have been there recently, 'difficult' or not, and that he only knew for the last few hours.
    Please, be very gentle with yourself (and family) in the weeks and months to come?
  • MandM90
    MandM90 Posts: 2,246 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    1. Breakfast: herbie roasted potato chunks with roasted garlic and rosemary from the garden, roasted mushrooms, beans. Good. Samosas are in the oven to serve with leftover veg chilli and rice. Orange juice with bits. What a treat.
    2. Lovely DH cleaning lovely little house so I can get ahead for next week at work.
    3. DD in panto tonight. Mince pies and mulled wine will be consumed.
    4. Worked out I can afford to go back to uni, part time. If my company lets me salary sacrifice it I'll save 30% of costs. Woohoo.
    5. MIL made me a homemade fresh wreath for the door and it's gorgeous :)
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    Options
    So sorry VJsmum x
  • bagpuss38
    bagpuss38 Posts: 704 Forumite
    Options
    So very sorry for your loss vjsmum.
    Glad your fathers passing was peaceful, take care of yourselves. Xx
    SIMPLY BE-££577.11:eek: