PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Options

Comments

• house_elf
    house_elf Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    Options
    Well, that was a quick weekend!

Sunday

1. Bike Carrier sold on eBay was collected. Another bit of clutter given a new life.

2. Trip out to Resorts World with DH and DS2 to get new shoes for DS2. I tagged along to go to The Works, but they did not have what I wanted. Good price on DS2 shoes. He is very fussy about what he will wear. :eek:

3. Made minestrone for lunch. Jamie's 15 min meals. (Getting faster!). Used up sad veg at bottom of the fridge. DD asked for seconds.

4. Gave DD a lift to work. We went early and stopped off for free posh coffee, as we still had vouchers. (She spent most of the time talking to BF on FaceTime :(). Used the paper recycling bank when I picked her up from work. Rubbish collection still not back to normal after the strike here, but now a bit better without the piles of paper. :j

5. Roast dinner for tea.

6. A real fire and Stranger Things.

While I was out at Mr T, DH had to phone the Police :eek: There was a big argument outside the house and a gun was pulled :eek::eek:

Glad I missed it! I was too timid to join in the scrum for YS at Tesco! Did manage to use up coupons and get Brand Guarentee stuff. :j

Happy Monday :)
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 6 November 2017 at 8:04AM
    Options
    Busy day yesterday.

1. Up early as couldn't sleep. Painted the hall cupboard or at least the bits i didn't have to stand in a ladder for. Looks much better.

2. Went to a nursery to buy a plant DH wanted. They grow the vast majority the plants and were so helpful and knowledgeable. The variety of plants was so refreshing as very different to the norm and different varieties of most.

3. Home and then tidied the front garden quickly. Looks better but needs more work.

4. Had another bonfire. Vast majority of branches burned from the tree we had chopped down and burned a wooden cabinet we had no more use for and was beyond repair after it was moved.

5. DS2 cooked tea and then with a glass of wine we all watched Grease. Yeas since I had seen the film.
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,959 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    VJsmum ... unknown 7 year old sons / nephews :eek:

I know right? It's a bit like Eastenders - "I am not your farver" "Oh yes you are..."...

Pleasures for the weekend...

1. DS's new bed base delivered as promised (we already had the mattress). Excellent service from small local shop. So glad to have supported a local business. THe prices in the chains were :eek: and the sizes of some of their beds was ridiculous. Given that rooms in newer houses are smaller, the beds must fill the rooms :cool:
    2. Took DD to the flicks to see "Murder on the orient Express" even though I knew whodunnit. Beautifully shot but a bit clunky in parts
    3. curry with friends on Friday - nice to catch up and they gave us some squashes from their garden
    4. Made carrot and lentil soup - delish
    5. OUt with DD and OH on Saturday night - DD has been a bit ignored in the need to sort out bedrooms so we have given her some attention
    6. DS came home yesterday. he has a reading week. He walked into the kitchen, stuck his head in the fridge, took out a whole packet of ham, wolfed the lot down, said "do you know how expensive ham is?" and then "What have we got that i can put in a sandwich"... :rotfl: And then shut himself in the lounge to play his guitar - loudly. Nothing changes.. :p
    7. Lovely fillet steak for tea
    8. DS's room was finished just in time for him to get home. It is a bit stark, but he likes it - phew.
    9. Delicious shiraz viognier with the steak.
    10. In case i forget, I will include the amazing sunrise and mist on the fields this morning from my (stupidly early) train.

Have a great day all
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,643 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Doggy get well wishes for Haggis.

Weekend pleasures,

Waterproof clothing! biblical level of rain on Saturday morning.

Met up with DSS's and the youngest's gf, she is smashing and he is smitten, very sweet to see,

With above, eggs benedict and red berry burst tea, Tack Room at the Palace House &

The rain stopped mid afternoon so dogs walked and horse ridden.

Listened to lovely Bruce S and the long walk home, not often that a singer has a good speaking voice as well but could listen to the Boss for hours.

Sunday morning very cold and bright, watched the sun rise driving over to the yard.

All the horses skitty going out to their fields, helped friend round her two up.

Might have had an afternoon nap in the sofa.

Hubby afternoon at the yard, they all smile at each other quite sheepishly as various tasks are completed :)

Spainish chicken with glass of something cold.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    1) Tree surgeons taking down the high tops of next doors silver birches have promised us the bigger branches AND have offered a whole eucalyptus tree they are taking down somewhere else which they will deliver later today!

2) BHF lads have just taken all our old charm furniture and the lounge is so much lighter and looks huge with the things we have left in it, fab!

3) Gorgeous sunny day out there if somewhat chilly.

4) Cookie dog is going to live with Grandma to keep her company after Grandpa died suddenly a few months ago. I shall miss her and the walks BUT I think she will be so very good for Grandma and because of that I shall be happy for them both when it happens in a couple of weeks time.

5) Going to view two houses tomorrow and have spoken to the neighbour who is renting and they are desperate to get out of the badly maintained rented house and VERY interested in ours, fingers crossed for both of us!
  • ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,565 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 6 November 2017 at 9:10PM
    Options
    Sod anything Matt+hurrchhrrrrs. What's in those suitcases?
    Stewpit Lilian.
    #
    1. Trailer cheered. Isihac back next week. HOORAY!

2. Couple asked to change table just as we entered caf! rouge, thus vacating the ideal people-watching one by window, with lovely heating. New waitress name?.... Mila!!! :-))), Italian, who praised our long, conversational, v.decent lunch, "not stuffing like pigs, like English" - quote. Bonne bouteille Merlot.

3. Strongly perceptive All Souls' service y'day. Troubling for someone and we spoke.

4. Best get back. Frozen rtc Sevilles are weighted down in big preserving pan in oven - 10hrs so far@½ regulo/130°. New2& recette ex Craft Invaders. 30 new jars of Asda chuck away marmalade emptied(no takers) soaked, de-labelled+scoured.....festive fundraiser jars for twinned Tanzanian benefice will follow.

5. Dire club result, altho' 11 of 1st call 1st XV still injured. ABs lot 1 beat BaaBaas, comprising many ABs lot2/possibles. An interesting match indeed, with some real rugby.
    #
    Murder on the Orient Express, not watched by &, but heard by &. Final episode on r4x today. No clunks, vjm:-). Too good for that.

Love fireworks. Fabulous best yet glories seen on Midsummer Common and more done on ancient field backing &squat last night.

Now hearing drumming practice in emporium carpark.

Haven't essayed that one, Lainey. Seem to go v.little on that side of street, altho' CS there is at times rewarding. Used to like the jeweller's next-doorish.
    #
    Listening to R4 and peerless Neil MacGregor, re: gods, various. This is perfect listening with scholarship
    Mrs LW, don't know why I didn't just google 'unripe green figs' myself... loads of possibilities. Thankyou for responding:-)
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,219 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good evening ...though my iPad does tell me it's Good morning back home and a public holiday to boot!

So for today...was an early start with boyo out in the garden at 4am and me hiss/ whispering Haggis! Back to bed for a couple of hours and then up and about.

Went down to my old work to say hello which was nice. Was a bit like driving Miss Daisy on the way there but had given myself a good talking to by the way back! I drove that road every week day for 4 years!

I now own a car!

Sorted out my lavender plug plants ( want to plant a hedge in the spring) and used whatever container I could find in my plastic recycling bin.

A few doggy walks. We have just been down to our oldest friends and Haggis knew exactly where he was going!

Haggis is obviously feeling better...he pinched 2 chicken breasts I had cooked and were cooling for his next few meals...he forwent the rice that was to accompany! Bad dog!

Third coat on bedroom and I can still see blooming slime green keeking through!

Have started painting my under stair cupboard which I'm going to make into a study nook. No longer an office overlooking the garden for me.

Niece came in for a visit.

Lovely letters from my daughters with a plea for help from DD2 ( joking) and lots of lovely illustrations to accompany!

Lovely bouquet of flowers RTC....sitting in the sink just now as there's a container with vases coming tomorrow morning! And sofas..and beds...and plates and glasses and my beloved kitchen aid! And everything else in between. Hopefully no spiders!

Catch up tomorrow !
  • Purple_kitten
    Options
    Dreadful night thanks to DF, no sleep was not how to start the working week. He’s literally lost the plot it doesn’t look like there is anything we can do other than sedate, it all feels rather sad.

1 Food planning changed into making a curry with the meat, as I couldn’t get to Mr T, no veg fresh or frozen veg so no casserole.

2 It is appreciated being inside on such a cold night, we spent a while in the garden watching our housebound ferret who won’t show us how he gets out with us looking, so back inside for all of us, rather thankfully.

3 Just washed my hair and dried with a new oil mix and it feels fantastic, hope it looks ok tomorrow.

4 Sitting here with my Terry Pratchett book and a hot drink, I keep looking at the moon through the French windows.

Banking 5 for now.
  • Battery Park.
    South Ferry.
    Brooklyn Bridge.
    Wall St.

Yes. The BoP of Wall St.
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,905 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hope things improve pk
    Stewpit lilian indeed &
    1) having taken Friday off lots of fires to put out and pans to put back on to simmer
    2) official promotion letter finally arrived so have told senior colleague. Still grinning
    3) wonderful walk home - didn’t manage normal Monday call to xoh (see 4) but did manage ‘short’ cut through hospital, then wonderfully windy which made 5e leaves dance.
    4) iPhone totally flat and refused to charge. That’s obviously not the mse 5 thing, but hopefully it is now charging, having knocked charger in case it had any dirt
    5) home home alone for supper - located a single portion of bolognase. Nom nom
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure