PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one (Mark Two)

Options

Comments

• caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,113 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good evening everyone,
    It's been a glorious, warm sunny day here, most likely one of the last, if not the last day for sitting outside with my book without needing lots of layers :D .
    My sister and my Dad popped round for lunch nothing fancy just soup and a sarnie.
    Tomorrow My manager is coming round as I'm officially "retiring" on 30/09 so I need to hand back all my passes etc. I have to say it feels very odd that after almost 34 years I'll soon be an ex-civil servant :o
    Another one with a bung it on a tray dinner tonight- jerk spiced chicken thighs with roasted veg;)
  • wort
    wort Posts: 1,676 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Can I pop in?
    Congratulations caronc, happy retirement!
    I had salmon fillet with sweet chilli sauce, mini potatoes and cooked broccoli and carrots left over from Sunday tea. Topped with tartar sauce.
    After I had a muller corner with seeds on and a pear and nectarine.
    I need to use up fresh stuff as I'm away next week.
    Focus on contribution instead of the impressiveness of consumption to see the true beauty in people.
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,113 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi wort welcome to the thread, sounds like a lovely CFO meal:)
  • Hollyharvey
    Options

Sausage rolls, chocolate, fizzy pop .... all the Tuesday food groups covered.
    Lol, I like this. Perhaps these should become the Tuesday food groups on a regular basis and you should work out food groups for each of the other 6 days of the week :).

I've been eating less than healthy food as well this evening. Since my fish, chips and beans for dinner, I've had half a packet of chocolate digestives, a few segments from a Terry chocolate organge. I've enjoyed it all though :D.
  • poppystar
    poppystar Posts: 1,322 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Real CFO meal tonight - remainder of veg curry with fish fingers! It worked, honestly, tasted really good:)
  • Hollyharvey
    Options
    wort wrote: »
    Can I pop in?
    Congratulations caronc, happy retirement!
    I had salmon fillet with sweet chilli sauce, mini potatoes and cooked broccoli and carrots left over from Sunday tea. Topped with tartar sauce.
    After I had a muller corner with seeds on and a pear and nectarine.
    I need to use up fresh stuff as I'm away next week.
    Hello wort :hello:
    I see you are using up fresh stuff. That seems to be something that those of us that post on this CFO thread seem to do a lot of :).
  • candygirl
    candygirl Posts: 29,455 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I mostly like an occasional pub lunch soup .... not my own mostly.

I dislike coleslaw after the first spoon full. One spoon's more than enough, it's a tiny side dish ... alongside more interesting things, or to pad out a sandwich :)

I think the veg mix really needs a fat pie and gravy :)

I prefer my own soups.God that sounds arrogant, but I find a lot of pub/ restaurant soups don't have enough flavour for me :o
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    I don't know if I want a bowl of cereal or baked beans on toast for breakfast today...:)
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 20 September 2017 at 9:00AM
    Options
    I don't know if I want a bowl of cereal or baked beans on toast for breakfast today...:)

As a CFO you can have them both :)

I'll go with cheese & beans on toast I think - I've got beans open and I've bread in the freezer.... and I've cheese. So that's it. Uses up what's open and what's cluttering the freezer.

EDIT: And I am now eating that ... :) 2 bits of toast, ½ tin of beans, cheese slice on top.
  • Hollyharvey
    Options
    I've just had a slice of toast for breakfast because I'm being taken out for lunch by my neighbour as a treat for the help that I give her. So I won't have to think about any food today :D. We are going to a restaurant just down the road that does a really good lunch menu.

This evening if I want anything I'll just grab a crumpet or have some more toast.

I do like these no cooking days :D.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport