PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 10. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Options

Comments

• dekaspace
    dekaspace Posts: 5,705 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Where can I find good but cheap flatbread? I don't mind wraps but think flatbread will be much nicer, and whats some nice low fat sauces? I like sweet onion from subway, as its not too bland but not sticky or sugary etc.
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    OK. This is the start of the new challenge and we all start again with a clean sheet. Right?

Phew. That's a relief.

Sorry deka. Those things don't feature in my diet so can't help you.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • TiredTrophy
    Options
    Old challenge.....lost 1lb !

But more excitingly, i have lost 3cm from my waist
    :)

New challenge.....

I shall try again to lose 10lbs, please knitwitch.

So safely home after 26 hours on the train, and a migrane in the early hours once finally home.
    So now to tackle the laundry and make a meal plan of healthy food.

Sorry that I cannot help much dekaspace, but I don't live in the UK so not sure where to get stuff. L*ld and @ldi do flatbread where I am as do the Turkish/Indian shops , the latter also have lovely onion chutneys at reasonable prices.

Cranky40......I would stick to just rest....could be a cracked rib. ...when you're better, how about working on balance and core strength? Go and ask the doctor if you can be referred to some type of local gym class? The cleaning really can wait...start crocheting for Xmas or starting writing those cards:D

A neighbour just arrived with an enormous pumpkin. ...

Love to everyone. ..have a super day!
  • zafiro1984
    Options
    Morning everyone,

Raining here after a lovely day yesterday, however I feel quite upbeat at the moment so after doing my morning chores of turkeys and chickens I'll sort out what I'm eating today, go food shopping, and generally get organised - that should keep me busy until lunchtime.

I'll edit/add to later
  • MallyGirl
    MallyGirl Posts: 6,627 Senior Ambassador
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    CRANKY40 wrote: »
    It's been too sore to contemplate doing anything other than feel sorry for myself. After the first hospital dressing on Friday it was 2am Saturday morning before I could sleep because of the pain. I'm not making excuses but I have bruises from my head to my toes on my right hand side (I smacked my head on the wall when I landed too, sigh). For the first week the pain under my ribs made me shout if I laughed, coughed or leaned too far over but that's starting to wear off now thank goodness. I'm going to try some gentle housework tomorrow as the house is starting to show signs of neglect. My 12 year old son has been helping as much as possible with fetching and carrying but I think some sort of general cleaning needs to be started even if I only do a room a day.

Hello Monna :)

I take back my suggestion - just take it easy. A 12 yr old can hoover - pretty much all cleaning can wait till you are less sore.

Take care
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • MallyGirl
    MallyGirl Posts: 6,627 Senior Ambassador
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all.

B: lo carb granola, berries, skim
    L: asparagus salad
    D: variety of meatballs (clearing odds and ends from freezer) , tomato & chilli sauce, pasta

45 min soggy dog walk
    I had a great riding lesson on Saturday - they let me canter (first time, apart from Dartmoor in the summer, for around 28 years). At least I have one exercise that is not impacted by poorly foot - sadly I can't afford to do it too often.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • CathA
    CathA Posts: 1,207 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Knitwitch, you've got my weight loss wrong on the chart. I've ended up not losing or gaining anything come the finish. Not good but not bad either! Do I get a smiley face for being honest? Lol
    Happy Monday everyone x
  • FurryBeastOz
    Options
    Least said about the final weight the better. But I gained 6lb in the end. Very unhappy with myself.

I think anything more than a pound a week is unrealistic even when I'm at my best, so I will go for that please Knitwitch 12lb
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    Mmmm. 26lb at 1/7/18. Oops:o
  • Carmen
    Carmen Posts: 1,732 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello all,
    I managed a final spurt at the finish line and managed to lose 1.4kgs, but short of my prediction :(

Knitwitch, can you put me down for 6kgs for the new challenge please. I think that might be doable?

GDB, you are going in the right direction, keep it up:)

Brunch- Rice cake (6)scrape of mayo and thinly sliced beetroot.
    L- Carrot and Coriander soup HM.
    D- Quinoa and roasted summer veg. fruit.

Walnuts falling constantly and I'm hoping all the bending to pick them up will help be to tone up the rugby ball that sits on the top of my thighs :eek:

Good luck everybody on this new challenge :D
  • dandy-candy
    Options
    Deka I'm sure I've seen them at my local big Tesco. Also I'm not sure if you're in a town/city, but the ethnic supermarkets are great for stuff like that. How about a yoghurt dressing on it?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure