PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

August 2017 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• elf06
    elf06 Posts: 1,547 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    euronorris wrote: »
    It's this one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Brother-INNOVIS-35-Innov-NV35/dp/B00BMLFIVW

Though obviously I wouldn't be selling it at full price! lol. I also have an extra foot, a walking one, I'll be selling with it and a bunch of extra reels and threads.

I love it, but as I say, no space or time and we could really use the money to boost the car repair/replacement fund.

Thank you for the link. It looks fab but I just don't get on with my newer machine in fact ive had ir less than a year and ive already broken it. Think I prefer older models lol (also shipping it to me would cost a fortune!!)
    Looks like a great machine though. I'm sure it will sell quickly :)
    Emma :dance:

Aug GC - £88.17/£130
    NSD - target 18 days, so far 5!!
  • Doom_and_Gloom
    Options
    Since last post we've spent £10.03. That included a 4 pack of cola for OH and a watermelon for me. So considering that not too bad as that is around £4 right there.

£113.81/£155.
    £41.19 left.
    I am a vegan woman. My OH is a lovely omni guy :D
  • PipneyJane
    PipneyJane Posts: 4,095 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Evening All

DH is officially unemployed. He signed on yesterday and took advantage of Sainsbug's "free" one hour parking in our local town centre in order to do so. Unfortunately, the job centre is still as inefficient as ever so he over-ran the hour, which mean he had to spend a minimum of £5 in store or pay for parking. I'm not a huge fan of Sainsbugs - their store layout constantly annoys me and I find them expensive. He spent £5.40 on not very much at all, including £1.50 for 600g of cooking bacon(!) and £1.20 for garlic & herb cream cheese. <sigh >

That brings my total to £99.94/£105. We have £5.06 left for the rest of the month.
    "Be the type of woman that when you get out of bed in the morning, the devil says 'Oh crap. She's up.' "

It ain’t what you do, it’s the way that you do it - that’s what gets results!

2024 Fashion on the Ration Challenge 66 coupons, 0 spent.
  • BrassicWoman
    BrassicWoman Posts: 3,203 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    £7:40 today; moisturiser, kitchen roll, and EXPENSIVE loo roll, which is my no-compromise item :-)

Dinner was HM soup and a range of YS items from the freezer!
    2021 GC £1365.71/ £2400
  • VickyV
    VickyV Posts: 247 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    £3 on milk today, 2x4 pints - has to be organic and preferably local for Mr V. I swear, we should just buy a cow. That'll be 24 pints this week between 5, and I barely have any at that. :(
    Picked up loads of reduced Lego and other bits towards Christmas (sorry) but the ys section was rubbish so only £3 to add.

£112.61/210

Vicky x
    Grocery challenge:December 2022 £151.96/£400 . Advent decluttering challenge 47/240.
  • LollyPop0312
    Options
    Hello all, first time poster here, hope am doing it right!
    Am a bit late to the challenge but OH gets paid 15th of the month so we budget from 15th-15th each month.
    Two adults, two kids and pregnant, last months spend came in at about 250. Know we could cut this down so aiming for 220 this month as a reasonable first goal see how that goes!
    Lauren x
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,102 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    £25 today bring total so far for August to £89/£120
  • Merlin's_Beard
    Options
    Had a really annoying week of bits and pieces, so I'm up to £76.18/100, and it's only half way through the month!
    Start mortgage date: August 2022; Start mortgage amount: £240,999; Original mortgage free date: August 2056
    Current mortgage amount: £233.529.75
    Start student loan 2012: £29,750; current student loan: £11.400.50; OP offset fund: £750
  • zafiro1984
    zafiro1984 Posts: 2,445 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    12.28 spent today which puts my total to 165.66/250 for this month. In theory I should be OK as it's mainly fresh fruit and veg I will need, but it's willpower I'm lacking to stay at home and not go shopping.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 17 August 2017 at 7:24PM
    Options
    Been living off stores, so only (grocery) spends since last Thursday are £1.83. That was on cabbage for coleslaw, bananas and a swede. I am going shopping tomorrow, but don't NEED much. We shall see how I do. Have updated sig.

EDIT: Oh yeah and a bottle of cider.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport