Options

Comments

• Happy_Kitties
    Happy_Kitties Posts: 1,615 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 15 July 2017 at 11:13AM
    Options
    katy_ann hope the little one is doing better

Me and DD are currently slobbed out on the settee. Went to the theatre last night to see a show that I've been dying to see for about 3 years:j, really enjoyed it but did get back late.
    Decided to get up at 6am to feed the cats and listen to sounds of the sixties but fell asleep on the settee at 7.30am:(
    Cat cleaning all done, they were nice to me, easy to do but the new kitten has trashed some of my paperwork. Going to be interesting submitting that with teethmarks:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    DD wants to go shopping today but I don't want to go as I don't want to spend money. Need cat litter buying which I've asked DD to do.
    I'm hopefully going to Hoover upstairs and tackle some if the back bedroom today. DD has also said she would drop a bag of stuff off to the charity shop for me so need to make the most of DD helpful mood :D
    Still eating out of the freezer, really chuffed we still have good stocks in
    It's so nice to have a Saturday off where I'm not actually doing anything.
    Have a good weekend everyone x
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • La_escocesa
    La_escocesa Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi kids :wave:

Not long back from walking the dog. Shattered now! (That's my excuse for not doing any housework today :rotfl:)

We've eaten frozen pizza for lunch and have some stuff in for dinner so hopefully don't need to go back out again. Yay.

I guess I will tidy round in a bit too. :think:

I got my expenses paid yesterday - £600! So that was a nice little mid-month boost.

Bit of the usual:
    Check banking/YNAB
    Read free ebook

Not really much to say but thought I'd pop by anyway. Have a good weekend everyone!

xxx
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,121 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello Saturday Super-Savers,
    Busy day until now.....not sure how much of it is money saving. Let's see:
    *Parked in town for free.
    *Good value fresh fruit on local market.
    *Dropped off competition entry at local butchers.
    *Good deal on cat's favourite food at Wilko's. So grateful to whoever it was on here who flagged this up several months ago......may have been Bailey's Babe...tho does she have a cat? Anyway, the RRP of this brand of cat meat is £4.85 a box. Wilko's currently selling for £3.25. Made sure I bought next week's supply too as £1.60 a time saving adds up over a year.
    *YS pack of rolls for tonight's burgers.
    *Finished off a couple of odds & ends for lunch which needed using up.
    *Did my charity baking...for which I kept to a minimal spend & did not buy cake boxes.
    *Watered greenhouse veg.
    *Knit more of my new autumn scarf. Gifted yarn so no spend.
    Not money saving......did buy a few treats for tonight plus bottle of wine as mr f has had to work all day but our budget will stand those. Pre LBM it'd have been a take-away & the full works. Ok, well I'm going to walk up & down our long garden a few times to get my daily fitbit goal of a minimum of 7000 daily steps, then it's bum in chair time as mr f says he's cooking tonight.
    Enjoy your Saturday nights, all.
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • Spatton
    Spatton Posts: 36 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Happy Kitties

"Cat cleaning all done, they were nice to me, easy to do but the new kitten has trashed some of my paperwork. Going to be interesting submitting that with teethmarks:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:"

Had to reply to this as it made me laugh - reminded me of our sadly departed cat Binky who had a penchant for chewing government paperwork - and only government paperwork (not daft are they). More than once I submitted it with chew marks.
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I've done everything on my list except the ironing (what a surprise!)

The roast dinner was scrummy though I broke the tin opener trying to open a can of sweet corn so will now have to buy a new one :mad:

Am now stretched out on my clean sheets with a defrosting pack of YS raspberries, what could possibly go wrong? :rotfl:
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • princess_pea
    princess_pea Posts: 349 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi everyone,

My insomnia seems to be back with a vengeance so I've just been doing some surveys and thought I'd catch up on here. Mr Pea and I have had a productive week...

Found 5p roadkill
    Sold my wedding dress and a throw on Ebay. I'm a bit sad about the dress but I'll never wear it again! The money has gone into the house deposit fund
    Mr Pea continues to sell old games and consoles. He has a lot of these!
    Mr Pea also baked a sundried tomato and olive loaf today. Lush.
    Signed up for Nationwide Rewards. My banking switch went smoothly :)
    Opened a high interest regular savings account which along with the HTB ISA will act as our house deposit fund
    Booked airport parking for September using Martin's cheap airport parking links :money: We're going to Rome for a long weekend (haven't been abroad for 6 years)
    Regularly checking banks and the budget for this month. It will be tight as usual!
    Cashed out £20 Boots vouchers from surveys which will buy me some new foundation as mine has run out
    Put our name down for an allotment! I'm very excited about this

I'm on holiday from work next week but we're having a staycation. The truck is booked in for an MOT on Thursday so I think we'll treat ourselves to lunch out that day (I can't remember the last time we ate out). Other than that I'm just looking forward to not being at work for a whole week!
    DFD 7/3/2016
    Mortgage Free January 2048 June 2032
    Long-Term Savings Pot £8750
    DS welcomed 12/2/20 <3
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Insomnia, what's that? :rotfl:

It's my own fault for napping this afternoon :o
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • determined_new_ms
    determined_new_ms Posts: 7,825 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 16 July 2017 at 9:52AM
    Options
    Morning :) yippee day 2 of 5 off of work :dance:

princess_pea yay to the allotment list :D hoping your experience of the waiting list will be the same as mine. Both times very short time between putting my name down and being offered a plot :D

planning to go to the lottie for a couple of hours shortly. Yesterday cut down broad beans and harvested 2.5kgs of bean :D [STRIKE]Have shelled just need to wash & freeze ;) [/STRIKE]

Also need to make courgette cake & today might be the courgette chutney making day :money: (going to have to resort to giving some courgettes away I think!)

[STRIKE]checked bank accounts & reconciled accounts[/STRIKE]

[STRIKE]hang out yesterday's washing and do another load[/STRIKE]

water greenhouse plants and sow some purple sprouting broccoli

going to a friend's singing concert at lunchtime. It's in Whitstable so probably go to the beach afterwards ;)

photo and list a few things on face/fleabay

think I'm going to restart on konmarie

currently debating whether to go to the bootfair - just it cuts into allotment time and I would always rather be there than shopping!

session on the exercise bike this evening :D

listen to audio book

free quiche for dinner - ds bought for me and has been frozen

Ok think that's it although there's something else and I just can't remember!

Happy Sunday to you all x
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • little_pink_purse
    Options
    morning every one

been a busy few days roll on days off

today
    wash on
    checking banking
    all meals from stores
    try for a nsd

have a great day lppxxxx
    debt total £71k AGE 47 TRY TO BE DEBT FREE BY 50
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    :coffee: :coffee: :hello:
    I have survived exam season! :dance: :dance: :dance:
    It feels as though I've been gone for ever but it's been 6 weeks. Always tough at the time but looking back it's always worth it. There's still another paper to mark but compared to the 80-90 hours I've been doing per week at the moment that will be a breeze. I always say at the time that I won't do it again but then I think about how much I learn and how my bank balance appreciates it and it's all fine.
    As ever though, the carnage that is my home needs dealing with. It's worse than ever having been neglected for weeks on end. I've decided to use some of my extra cash to hire a skip over the hols and I'm going to properly declutter and then see about getting a cleaner in to help me stay on top of it.
    Just one week left of school and then bring on 6 weeks of recovery time.
    Looking forward to catching up on here and finding out what everyone is up to. I've missed my mse friends.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure