What small DFW things will you be doing this week? WC 10/07

Options

Comments

• FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I've just converted 1280 Eon points to Clubcard points. I'm not sure I want any more meals out though, I may save them for when there's a chance to double up for something or other, or even save them for shopping if it means not buying something just for the sake of using them.
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • determined_new_ms
    Options
    this is the chickpea curry I do. It says sweet potatoes but I've only ever done it with regular. I had fresh coriander (always either grown - so easy! or bought when reduced for pence and then shoved in the freezer ;-) )

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/sweet_potato_and_68565
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Dawn thank you for the recipe, it's delicious :D We had naan in the freezer, so it was perfect. I'll try yours too determined i have a bit of a thing for chickpeas at the moment :o I made boiled up a bag today and made hummus with half. DH is happy :)

Finally went shopping after getting practically nothing for last two weeks, fridge had 4 carrots and avocado, 2 lemons, half a tin of beans, couple of spoons of yogurt and some cheese in it (plus various sauces etc...) Stuck to my list apart from some YS fish, YS part baked bread, YS muffins, and grapes (not ys, just missing from my list :rotfl:) all YS items now in freezer

No spends other than that. Packed for another weekend away, apart from a few bits. But have a corporate day first so likely won't post in the morning as I'll be away early. At least I'm getting breakfast, lunch and dinner provided :D

Managed to vacuum the lounge, despite the vacuum being kaput! Had to get DD to keep her finger on the button to keep it on, think we'll have to get another, may try second hand shop on Monday as they do reconditioned dys0ns - see if they have any in.

All good apart from that, no exercise managed but just seriously lacking on time, also means i can't spend anything either.
  • katy_ann
    katy_ann Posts: 1,088 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Morning everyone! Thank you all so much for your messages! I can do this! Sorry I didn't post yesterday my little boy ended up in hospital with a fever, he didn't sleep well at all but he seems brighter this morning!

Today I need to do a few loads of washing as LO was sick over pretty much everything! I also will continue to eat healthy and stick to my diet!

I think today will just go by however LO is feeling! I'll check in later anyway! :)
    Debt free once - Back again | Current debt: £3002.96 - January 2023 | Currently repaying £50 a month - Estimated DFD Jan 2028 | Make £2023 in 2023 #51 - £33.75/£2023
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,123 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning Campers,
    I'll start with a moan this morning, if I may! Only just paid for a new washing machine this week, following the recent dramatic demise of our old one. Now, after hoovering just the conservatory & lobby, the Dyson has carked it! Started sounding like elderly tubercular sheep......then there was a horrible grinding noise followed by an unmistakable smell of burning. Unplugged it quickly. I did once have a vacuum cleaner spectacularly explode while I was using it. Flame, sparks, blackened parts, the lot. Didn't feel like a repeat performance so it looks like more money will be spent this weekend buying a new one. OK, that's the moan. On with the list:
    *Home made sourdough bread for breakfast. Mr f was raving about it. True, the flavour & texture is good, but I still think the loaves (my third one & I don't have the right equipment) look more like artillery than actual bread.
    *Cleaned as much of the house as I could given that I had to resort to dustpan & brush. Another splurge of charity bags through the letterbox this week supplied my free bin bags, anyway.
    *Copied out Dawn's curry recipe, for which many thanks. I went off my chickpea curry recipe, so it will be good to try some new ones.
    *Washed hair & let it dry naturally. Someone actually asked me last week if I'd been to the hairdresser's.......I had let my hair dry naturally & scrunched it up a bit. I thought I looked like mrs frizzy, but each to their own.......
    *Write shopping list. After last week's overspend, this needs to involve a lot of careful cupboard-checking.
    *Been asked to bake for a charity thing. Have chosen cakes for which I don't need to buy much & if I do, it's ingredients I need anyway.
    *Changed bed linen & loaded in washer ready for a cheap cycle on overnight tariff.
    *Do a few surveys - I am not getting as much money from these at the moment because my participation has lapsed badly. Will try to catch up a bit.
    *Knit more Christmas present.
    *Jacket potato & freezer dive night tonight. Mr f has rounded up lots of assorted leftovers from freezer to make into one of his epic man stews......apparently this one is going to be 'legendary'. Hmmmm. Suffice it to say I have gone for a leftover portion of chilli on mine!
    *Make list of all the jobs I could usefully do in town tomorrow when I have the car & the option of free parking.
    *Research best prices on new vacuum cleaners. BAH!!!!
    Have a good Friday all. Hope all the poorlies pick up soon,
    F xx
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • FatVonD
    Options
    Afternoon all!

My own vacuum cleaner is a bit temperamental too at the moment Foxgloves but recovers after a rest!

All food from home today apart from a posh packet of crisps from pr@t. DS is out tonight so I may have a solitary chicken and mushroom slice that is sitting in the freezer for dinner.

Last night I bought a couple of things I was short of for making courgette and lemon muffins so I can get around to making those later this evening or at the weekend.

I've just had email confirmation that my second z@pper cheque has been printed (this is from a trade completed in mid May), let's see how long it takes them to post it now.

I actually did some ironing last night so will attempt to finish the pile tonight before the new influx at the weekend.

Apparently the new manager at the local Mr T has changed the system. Things will now be reduced by 70% at about 5pm and then will be reduced no further. I arrived yesterday just in time to see someone leaving with four packs of Finest Madeira chicken at 70% off! I'm hoping we get off early today and, if needs be, I will change my hours next week to get there a little earlier. This might actually suit me as, while it won't be so cheap, there won't be the current hanging around and there may be more choice.

Have a good weekend those of you that are checking out!

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • FatVonD
    edited 14 July 2017 at 8:37PM
    Options
    DS isn't feeling very well so didn't go out so dinner was a pack of YS gluten-free chicken sausages from the freezer. I bought ready-made mashed potato, even though we have potatoes, but if I hadn't I was thinking takeaway curry so £1.30 on ready-made mashed potato saved me about £20!

I checked out the YS stuff and only bought two packs of raspberries at 25% off and some cream cakes that were only reduced by about 20p but we are in for the night, we're both fed for not a fortune and I don't have to get up early for anything tomorrow!

I've also just had an eBay sale!

• determined_new_ms
    Options
    Morning :D Yippee it's the weekend :j No more work until Thursday :dance:

I'm hoping for a low cost, high fun day :D not sure what the grander plans are for the day but I hope to:

* Go to the allotment for a few hours :j
    * bring home today's harvest
    * really need to sort through fridge and give it a clean
    * load of washing & hang up
    * find even more inventive was to use up the courgette glut! Currently have 7 in the fridge and that's without today's additions :rotfl: mustn't complain as I do love them :D
    * just made a note of the last few day's mileage. Looking at getting £60 back and have put £40 in the tank :)
    * finally photo 5 things to sell & list over the w/e
    * got to work out picking up an exercise bike oh bought from fleabay for £21 and we have been given a multigym with weights for free :money: (oh's dream that we turn our garage into a gym is becoming a £21 reality :D :money:) I've tried looking up the gym based on the picture I have and it would cost somewhere around £200 to buy
    * check meal plan and get something out of freezer
    * check banking
    * purchase car tax - thank you car fund piggy bank :D
    * checked diary and it's a friend's singing concert tomorrow. Phew so glad I haven't missed it!

Ok that will do. No doubt there will be other small savings throughout the day.

Happy weekend to you all :A
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Must be something about the East Midlands and vacuums this week foxgloves
  • FatVonD
    edited 15 July 2017 at 3:57PM
    Options
    Morning all.

It's the weekend and I plan to spend as much as possible of it at home if I can, to this end I'm thinking of booking a £1 Mr T delivery using a 50p clubcard voucher to pay for it.

The plan of action today is:

Take everything from upstairs that needs to be downstairs (washing, mugs, WBB/eBay sales.) Done

Back up to clean bathroom and change bathroom cat litter. Done

10% water change for the fish. Done

Ring mum.Done

Back down to:

Accept mortgage fixed rate online Cant open PDF, will try at work on Mondat

Send work samples for local job I've applied for. Done

Wrap WBB/eBay packages and print postage labels. Done, and dropped at shop

Load dishwasher. Done

Load washing machine. Done

Defrost chipolatas for roast dinner tonight. Done

Pop to local Mr T for some YS sliced meat for roast. Done

Then back up again to :

Change bed sheets.

Bring clean washing upstairs to iron.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure