What small DFW things will you be doing this week? WC 10/07

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Happy_Kitties
    Happy_Kitties Posts: 1,616 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Spatton they are definately not daft although I caught our big thunder paws 2 year old ginger tom (I'm sure he has a growth hormone problem-weighed in at 6kg at the age of 1) happily eating one of my policies this morning.....now he is daft.....im sure he was copying the kitten but went one step further in eating the paperwork......thats after dragging my little molton brown gift bag(still with goodies in it) off the bedside cabinet.......again

DD shut the kitten in the kitchen by accident last night. It's difficult to see as she is all black and the hall lights are out of action after a bulb blew and completely wrecked the whole light fitting. Have been putting off getting someone in as I will need a few jobs doing and it's just a case of saving up for the jobs to be done.
    The mess wasn't too bad this morning.......one very smelly accident, nearly dragged DD out of bed to clean up.
    Managed to do some hoovering yesterday and sort out more of the back bedroom. Having to be really careful at the minute as getting really bad swelling in the leg and foot, dreading Friday when I have my ortho appt.......can feel a row coming on.......but I can't see any signs of infection why they should be so swollen. Resting and elevating is helping but I always say the foot resembles a puffer fish!!
    More of working on the back bedroom planned for today and if I can get my mojo sorted, some ironing.
    Not sure about food, something quick and easy, I'll prob have the last of the current cooked Turkey steaks which have been yummy.
    Have a great day everyone x
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • ClootiesMum
    ClootiesMum Posts: 1,606 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Quick pop in - LaE - Great Expectations by Charles Dickens is also free on On Amaz*n just now - I use the talking books to catch up on the books I should have read :)
    Debts 07/12/2021
    #280/#310.08/#450/#575.47/#750/#1000/#1200/#1848.83
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 16 July 2017 at 12:03PM
    Options
    DNMS, could you set up a bit of a bartering system at the lottie with people that have grown different stuff? I too am hoping to bake courgette cakes today, I have given a few away to one of the YS regulars.

Clootie's mum, was just thinking about you last night, you must be psychic! Good to see you pop your head round the door, hope all is okay.

CCl, glad the light is at the end of the marking tunnel!

Where's 1 lucky lady got to?

Today will be spent pottering around inbetween a couple more loads of washing. I feel a bit more on top of the cleaning since the new dishwasher has freed up some time.

I will be baking aforementioned courgette cakes, I have everything in so no excuse.

Dinner will be early tonight (at what was called tea time when I was a kid!) It will probably be some YS chicken and mushroom pasties that I found with some home made chips, I am SO off oven chips.

I did an online groceries order last night and used £30 of Clubcard tokens towards it, I'm usually all about the deals but I still have a restaurant voucher that's probably going to go to waste. I realised as I was going through how much my shopping habits have changed since I moved here (mainly on account of the YS stuff at such close hand), there was so much stuff I looked at and then thought , 'nah, don't need it/will wait until I see some reduced', I mostly just stocked up on stuff that my local one only carries the expensive versions of.

The weight of the recent rain plus more new growth means I need to cut back some more of the rambling roses in the front garden so they don't snag on heads as we walk under. The dahlia that I found snapped and abandoned in the B and Q car park 2 years ago is growing this year (I thought it was a goner when I heard a snapping sound as I firmed it in when we moved in.)

I am going to bingo tonight with my mum, I'd rather do something else but it will make her happy.

Have a good day all :)
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Afternoon all :)
    Just back from a weekend away (left on Friday), took food with us and stayed on a relative's land so not much spent. Even got to go to a vintage festival for free yesterday as the relative has 2 (scruffy) vintage cars, and he wanted OH to drive one of them to the festival, where they were to be an exhibit, in exchange for free entry for relative and his guests :T So, a nice day out for almost nothing (did buy a pizza to share for lunch) and a ride in a noisy, smelly old car to get there :rotfl: I have a hospital appointent tomorrow, so it all did a good job of taking my mind off it!

I have taken the things out of the van that were needed indoors / need washing etc, and just had a lovely shower and washed my hair :)

Need to water the garden and pick the produce that is ready
    Pork steaks from freezer for dinner later
    Will do some leftover rolls for (late) lunch
    Will sort out clothes, which need washing, which didn't get used etc
    Dog will want a walk later, but he is asleep at the moment, as he spent the morning chasing butterflies in the grass :rotfl:

Early night tonight, I think!
  • FatVonD
    Options
    Sounds lovely, Dawn, was it Goodwood?

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • ClootiesMum
    Options
    Will catch up properly later but glad to see all are well.

Bit of a SHTF scenario happened here - DH lost job - was unemployed for a week and has been in a new job for 2 wks. He's enjoying it but it's lower wages but there are benefits - he finishes at 5 each night and has weekends off. Driving me mad already :D

I'll update later but belts are having to be tightened so will be back to join you to keep me on the straight & narrow
    Debts 07/12/2021
  • Happy_Kitties
    Happy_Kitties Posts: 1,616 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    CCL glad that you survived exam season:). DB and sis-in-law are teachers, they are desperate for the holidays now. As a friend once said to me housework will always be there tomorrow and u cant do everything.it will be good for u to get a cleaner in, in the holidays u can have some much deserved time for u:T
    Dawn hope everything goes okay tomorrow
    ClootiesMum sorry to hear that DH lost his job. Must have been a stressful time for u, good that he's found another job and there's no better place than here for keeping u on the straight and narrow:D

All I have seemed to do today is cat clean. After kitten accident this morning, we had a litter tray accident and the big thunder paws ginger tom cat decided to get on a kitchen cupboard to watch out of the window and then promptly projectile vomited everywhere:eek::eek:
    Have tried to get the beanie to wash from underneath my bed, have a replacement beanie ready, but that didn't work out well when the cat who occupies that space gave me the look of 'take my beanie and I take your hand' :rotfl::rotfl:
    Don't feel it has been a particularly productive day. Did order quirky kitchen lighting I have been after. A friends dad is going to take a look at it, went to get the details, found it was reduced by £30 and then there was a discount code for 15% off and free delivery so snapped it up.
    Even though that was back bedroom savings eaten up, it is much needed and I also need to be saving for a hall light aswell, so back to saving up again. Why is DIY so expensive:(
    Well that's about it from me, off to elevate the leg.
    Have a good evening everyone x
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,123 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Sunday Savers,
    Mixed day today on the MSE front.
    Good things:
    *Grocery shopping a little over budget but did include next week's coffee & cat meat.
    *Went to a free event in town. Free parking.
    *Free coffees at Waitrose.
    *Picked home-grown courgettes & french beans.
    *Using leftover savoury mince from the last cottage pie I made for dinner on jacket potatoes.
    *After virtually zero interest all week, 5 ebay items sold today. Decided to re-list everything else in case it was an omen.
    *Knit more of my current project (gifted yarn).
    NOT so good things:
    *Had to buy new vacuum & although it was a good deal, it was around £100 more than the maximum I wanted to pay.
    *Also needed flea treatment for cat. I like to get a particular brand of this as it seems v effective......but £21 !!! Better than an infested house, of course.
    I'm planning to do my mid-month budget check-in tomorrow so will, as always, feel better when I've caught up with exactly how we are doing.
    Wishing evrryone a good week ahead.
    F xx
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • FatVonD
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your DH's job, Clootie'sMum, but great news that he's found another. My own pay has slipped by quite a bit since the first time I was made redundant, at one point down to half but that was just a panic job I took for a bit of stability just after my dad died. It's crept up again since then but I don't think I'll ever earn again what I was earning ten years ago.

The courgette and lemon muffins were a raging success with DS who hates courgettes :rotfl: I didn't tell him what was in them until he was on his second :cool:

Both my mum and I won at bingo tonight so once we'd shared it we had £12 each :T I don't pay for the books but did pay for drinks (we take snacks with us) but I'd have paid for those whether we won or not so better that we did :T

I also had an eBay sale while we were out :)

• ClootiesMum
    Options
    Please hug your loved ones tonight - just had news that a colleague I was close to has passed away suddenly following an accident in her home last week.
    Life is short.....:(
    Debts 07/12/2021
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills