Sun, Sand, Sea & Slimming - Slimming World support thread 2017

Options

Comments

• kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Hope it goes as well as it can tomorrow for you.

Thanks Beanielou.

As you can see from the post time slemployment isn't happening. Not going to do a food plan for today, but I will have some healthy Snacks in my bag in case I feel hungry at all
    Zebras rock
  • MissTeach
    MissTeach Posts: 260 Forumite
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    I'd just draw a line and get back on plan as soon as you can for as long as you can before the cruise missteach .As for clothes for your cruise I'd suggest what you'd wear for the average British summer so layers! Jeans and jumpers and some tops and the odd skirt or dress in case the sun shines on you!

We did get to the Thai restaurant tonight. DH is much better. I avoided the very synful stuff like prawn crackers but the banquet style meal had loads of sauces.....and the wine syns.:(

New day tomorrow :)

Thanks! I'm not really a layers type of girl! I get too hot. I think this is where I struggle, I get cold easily at home and can happily sit with a hoodie on but if I go out I then get too hot! And in summer I'm always melting - this is getting better as the weight is coming off but I still struggle! Although saying that, I did have to buy a hoodie when I was in California at Easter as I'd packed summer clothes which were generally fine but the evenings were chilly and one day we went out whale watching and it was cold at sea!

Hope you have a good day today - feel your pain with the sauces - was at an Indian wedding on Saturday and there was a buffet style lunch then a 3 course sit down meal in the evening. The curries were so good though and the cheesecake for pudding was divine! Oh and an open bar. I fear tomorrow may be utterly disastrous at weigh in!
  • WJN222
    WJN222 Posts: 202 Forumite
    Options
    morning all,

good WI this morning with a loss of -1lb :)happy with that.

away with work for a couple of nights this week so could get tricky! will try my hardest though
    walk 2018 miles in 2018 - 781 of 2018
    Save £5 for every PR: 10 of 35
  • wizkid1
    wizkid1 Posts: 1,833 Forumite
    Options
    Well yesterday I did my menu plan for today Tuesday ,but it has disappeared.So,, I will have to do it again.

Breakfast.. porridge A/B mixed berries.

Lunch...ham salad beetroot, light salad cream 15 g 2 syns ? Raspberries.

Dinner... chicken salad few s/w chips. Clementine. Apple.

Extra . F f yoghurt.kit Kat 2 finger dark 5.05 syns banana.
    7.05 syns

I think it's altered a little but I will stick to this one. Fingers crossed,.
  • kathrynha
    Options
    Here is this weeks chart. Sorry it's slightly late.

SOTW is TakeItEazy

SW18072017.jpg
    Zebras rock
  • Tete_en_l'Air
    Tete_en_l'Air Posts: 7,134 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'd like to join the challenge a couple of weeks late please. There are seven weeks left so I'd like to aim for 7lbs please Kathrynha! (Thanks for setting up the thread, hope all is OK with Shala?)

I was fresh back from my holiday on Saturday and ready to get straight back on plan Sunday, but I got my cat back from the cattery to fond she was completely off her food. She's 14 and has had bowel issues for a long time and after seeing a very expensive and negative emergency vet on Sunday I feared the worst for the follow up appointment with my own vet yesterday. But she was much more positive, gave antibiotics and vitamin jabs and cat has been much happier since and eaten loads of tuna. Seeing her again this eve for blood results so fingers crossed.

Anyway, the upshot of all that stress is of course that I ate rubbish. Starting properly today, and I'm way up to my highest weight again so hoping even a few days on plan will result in a loss by Friday. The strange thing is that even though I'm at my biggest, I don't actually feel that huge... I think I'm getting used to looking and feeling like this and that's not a good thing.

I'm hoping that because I have no holiday or anything in the pipeline now, that I can just plod along with no date target in mind and won't get to the point where I think, oh well I won't lose two stone in the next three weeks anyway so sod it, which is what has been happening.

Today:
    B - Coffee (A,3), bacon, mushroom and onion omelette
    D - Chicken salad (carrot, cucumber, beetroot (1), 10g pumpkin seeds and 1 tsp pine nuts (B)
    T - Creamy mushroom and tomato pasta (SW recipe)
    HEA - MIlk
    HEB - Pumpkin seeds and pine nuts
    Syns - Sugar (3), beetroot (Tesco packaged grated stuff with smoky flavour - 1), hot chocolate (2), ice lolly (2) = 8

Sorry for the radio silence followed by massive essay :o Hope everyone's OK? x
    Weightloss: 14.5/65lb
  • kathrynha
    Options
    Added you to the chart Tete
    Zebras rock
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,592 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    :T well done on your loss WJN.

Sorry you're suffering kathrynha. :A

I know what you mean about getting used to being heavier than you want to be tete. I find myself avoiding many of my clothes because I don't want the tightness to remind me. Leggings should never have been invented!:mad: They're so easy and comfy for doing chores around the house.

It does help to plan something to aim for. Holidays are good but do you have any event you could use as a target?

Today is going to be 100% on plan.

EE menu:
    B: NAS grapefruit, HEB toast, 2 fried eggs, mushrooms and tomatoes
    L: cold chicken, fried veg, pickles
    D: baked salmon, SW chips, aubergine/tomato/pepper meze with mushrooms, courgettes and maybe some mange tout and broccoli
    Syns: Absolutely none!!

I'm hoping I might venture to WI on Friday morning because next week looks clear of eating out so if I'm out of range I can work on it. That's the plan.
  • Tete_en_l'Air
    Tete_en_l'Air Posts: 7,134 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks Kathryn!

I have a few weekends away in September/October Maman so would be nice to feel slimmer by then. Just going to aim for the targets on these challenges though. That mezze sounds delicious!
    Weightloss: 14.5/65lb
  • kathrynha
    Options
    Been plucking up the courage to write this post, because putting it in writing makes it all more real and scary.

Back from the hospital, and it isn't good news. A bit of the tumour seems to have survived the treatment, and the cancer is now officially still there. :cry::cry::cry:

Because my kidneys responded badly last time, they are having to be extra careful how they deal with it.

The plan is drugs to shrink it, and keep looking after my kidneys with the restrictive diet, and hopefully they will be able to remove it/kill it in the future.
    Zebras rock
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport