Finally found the strength to get debt free 💪

Options

Comments

• Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,220 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Ooh, what a nice surprise! Well done on the nsd too.
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons, dress 7 coupons = 12/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • Angela84
    Options
    Yeay it's Sunday! Have nothing planned which feels good. Have lots of washing to put away this morning, and a bit of a tidy, and then who knows! There's a free event in the local park with bouncy castles etc so if it's not raining we'll head over there I think.
    Love this area, next week they've got a free outdoor cinema playing films all day!
    Got to visit Aldi for a foodshop, have meal planned and have ran my cupboards and freezer right down which feels good.

Off to pr!mark with some friends tomorrow, dont actually need anything except a couple of new bras, so will try and stay strong! Am finally starting to be happy with my body again which I know means when I try clothes on I'm tempted as I think they all look so much better than a few months ago!
    LBM January 2017 £34k will have paid back finally by my DFD May 2021
    got my first store card on my 18th birthday, never known a life without the grey cloud of debt looming over me. 18yrs and the end is finally in sight 🤩
  • Angela84
    Options
    Just thinking I think I'm going to set myself a few little challenges to keep me motivated. I'm on 5 nsds so far with another 20 days to go so I'd like to target myself for another 10.
    I don't think there's much I can do with my food shop as I've worked hard to drive they right down over the past 18 months.
    I'm taking septmeber as my diy month as there's a few bits to complete, and then October it's our holidays and the girls party and then November I'll be focusing on Christmas.
    So I'm targeting myself to get my front garden planted up for winter as cheap as possible. My back garden fence needs the paint finishing. And inside the walls need a freshen up with white I already have.
    So that's my plan of action for September.
    got my first store card on my 18th birthday, never known a life without the grey cloud of debt looming over me. 18yrs and the end is finally in sight 🤩
  • Angela84
    Options
    Monday!

Well today is not going to be a nsd. Have just paid online for my sons school dinners for the month, so that's £50 gone already. Next I'm doing to schoolnrun then off to primark with some friends where I'm going to try and stay strong and not just chuck stuff in the basket. I won't be going shopping again before Benidorm next month but I really don't think there will any summer stuff left anyway. And I also don't think we actually need anything, we've all got plenty of summer stuff I've packed away already in suitcases.
    Then later I'm hopefully going to running club when the children are in bed.
  • Angela84
    Options
    Well I didn't manage to stay strong in Primark. The summer stuff was still there, all reduced. I spent £46. So I bought what I needed, 2 bras for £14. (This has hopefully saved me 5k as I've been researching breast implants recently!)
    The other £32 went on: 3 dresses £8, 1 skirt £2, 1 pair of shorts £4, 1 pair of jeans £5, 5 tops £12 and some hair accessories £1. So not too bad really!
    Now that is me officially done for holidays. I've never bought new holiday clothes before but this holiday has got our family so excited so I'm going to stop being the pessimistic frugal one for once and roll with it.

Went for a run tonight too, haven't been to my running club for 4 months but did 4 miles tonight and throughly enjoyed it. Really want to feel body positive on holiday, felt very uncomfortable when we went away in may and don't want to feel like that again.

I have ran my freezer to now completely empty except ice cubes and 2 naan breads! Cupboards empty except half a pack of spaghetti and the usual condiments. And fridge just some salad bits. Half a loaf of bread, some butter, enough for lunchboxes tomorrow. I love how freeing it feels to have nothing! Won't last for long though as have 5 hungry mouths to feed so off to Aldi tomorrow, having waited since last Friday. I'll try and meal plan until next Friday now to save 2 trips, so that's 9 meals. Budget aim is £45.
  • Cherryfudge
    Options
    Argh - the Pr!mark sale!:rotfl: Now I want to go!

Great bargains there, had to laugh at your saving 5K! I saved a lot by wandering into Pr!mark and getting some running leggings in the sale a couple of months ago... maybe I should go and see if they have any runner's jackets too, so as to be ready for the winter? Now see what you've started! :rotfl:

I like your list of things themed months from now till Christmas. September is a good one for DIY, you can still air newly-painted rooms and plant the garden on fine days. I've got a few DIY things to complete but I'm not sure if I'll get them done in September.

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons, dress 7 coupons = 12/68
  • Angela84
    Options
    I can't say I saw any running jackets in my local primark, but then again I wasn't look for one! A friend gave me mine from sports direct, nice and bright and visible.

I think i realised why I want to repaint the whole house, it's that damn low winter sun that shines through your windows now and makes everything look disgusting and filthy. Or maybe that's just my house! Happens every year to me.

Food shop went to plan so that's me sorted with 10 meals. Off to get sons arm plastered tomorrow at the hospital so I'll make sure to pack us lunchboxes up. Will have to pay for parking though so can't be a nsd. Arranged to borrow bridesmaids shoes so that's saves me buying some.

Today was a nsd wooo! So that's 6/15. 9 to go before the end of sept. Still doable. Weekends seem to be easier ones for me as my husband is home and tends to pay for whatever we're up to.
  • Angela84
    Options
    Thursday!

Just got the hospital today with my son as our plans, with some lunchboes and hopefully not spend too much on parking.
    House work this evening after dinner.
    Tomorrow I hope to start some painting
  • Angela84
    Options
    Well the hospital went well, he's got a fab orange cast to show all his little friends in school tomorrow.
    Just spent money on parking so that was good. Bought them a drive through on the way back though as they'd been so good.

Just finished dinner and bedtimes so on with the housework. We're looking after my SILs dog and the poor thing has got so happy to see me this afternoon it's wagged it's tail so much it's cut it. Blood over every wall right now :eek:
    The timing is good as needed to wash all the walls down ready for a repaint tomorrow anyway.

Get paid tomorrow so if I had any money left in my account today I'd send it straight to barclaycard, but sadly, I have £0. Not to worry, I'll be doing my £100 in the Morning. Don't need any foodshop this week or petrol though as have done both of them already so that's good.

Budget for next week needs to include £100 for DS1's school trip. Then another in Nov and Jan. Wish they could space it out a little more, £20 a month or something. He's not going until next June.

The clothes i ordered from H&M and studio arrived and they are all lovely but I have plenty now from my primark visit Monday so I'm sending them all back. H&M is free returns but I didn't realise I had to pay for studio returns! Not using them again!
  • Cherryfudge
    Options
    I'm assuming the dog goes home before you do the painting, or you'll end up with painty hairs on the walls!

I never knew H&M does free returns...! (Scurries off to investigate).

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure