Finally found the strength to get debt free 💪

Options

Comments

• Angela84
    Angela84 Posts: 398 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Had a look, will have a little go comping tomorrow.

Bills day tomorrow. As I was paid a couple of days early it's thrown me off a little, I won't be short for them but I normally like knowing money goes in the same day it's due to go out again.

Can't believe it's septmeber already! This year has flown by! Our first year with 5 children, and with no more planned now I'm enjoying knowing that with each year now life will get just a little easier. God I love babies but my goodness they disrupt your life. Each time one of mine is starting to get older and a little easier I found myself expecting again and back to the beginning of the crazy obstacle course they call newborns.

Off to the waxing lady in the morning (thank goodness!) and then collecting a friend to come over with her children for the day. Nice easy one, hoping to make some soup for lunch seeing as I've declared it autumn/winter now in my house!
    LBM January 2017 £34k will have paid back finally by my DFD May 2021
    got my first store card on my 18th birthday, never known a life without the grey cloud of debt looming over me. 18yrs and the end is finally in sight 🤩
  • Angela84
    edited 6 September 2017 at 7:08AM
    Options
    Was a good day yesterday, £9 spent with the waxing lady and then had friends over for the day so no money spent there. I do feel lucky I've got the space to be able to have friends with their children over to me, although I know I've always loved having people over, no matter how big or small my house is. We've got a massive trampoline which every child who visits just loves. Baked a big cake whilst they were all here which was yum too and all the children helped.
    And now today looks to be a sunny day, so this morning we'll take a trip to the park to work off some energy, and then home this afternoon for grandma to come over and we're off out to a concert with VIP tickets. Definitely going to be a quiet day tomorrow!
    Bills have wiped me out for this week so it'll be a very low spendy week this week!
    got my first store card on my 18th birthday, never known a life without the grey cloud of debt looming over me. 18yrs and the end is finally in sight 🤩
  • Angela84
    Options
    Well the concert was brilliant, obviously drank too much, had a Barney with OH, sorted it out, got chicken burgers on the way home. Have suffered with 'hangxiety' all day today, convinced the world hates me. It's finally starting to lift now. 2 nsd's in a row was good for the weekend.

Tomorrow 2 of my 5 are back to school, they decided they want pack lunches now which is going to save me loads as it's £2 a day for hot dinners. Going to have a cheap day out with my oldest tomorrow as it's our last day together before he starts secondary school Tuesday. His school meals are £3 a day so that's a new bill starting from this month.
    Can't believe it's September already, it'll be Christmas next! We keep Christmas very simple in our house, 1 present each, plus a small stocking. They get gifts from family members too. My children are hard to buy for as they don't want or need anything amd I hate gift giving just for the sake of it so I spend some time thinking what they'd love the most and what will be the most useful for them.
  • Angela84
    Options
    Oops haven't updated here fir a few days! That hangover on the weekend has kept rolling until yesterday I think!
    Well money wise all is well, my friend sent me the money for the bridesmaids dresses which was handy. From this Friday I'll be focusing on barclaycard and trying to clear that by January.

Meal planning is all on track and pack lunches are going well which is great, I just need to stay organised and not run out of time in the mornings. Staying organised is always hard for me as I'm a naturally disorganised person I think, but I've come to realise routines and plans are what make life easier in the long run with 5 children.

Today I've not much planned, 4 out of 5 are back to school or nursery so I should really get on with housework and try and go to bootcamp.
  • Angela84
    Options
    Well I stayed on plan today, went to bootcamp which I don't pay for as I paid upfront in January for the year, and have 6 weeks until our big family holiday in Benidorm so want to feel a little more conference before I go.

Picked up some free clothes from a local lady for holiday too. Have ordered some stuff from a catalogue but already feel guilty about it so reckon I'll end up sending it all back!

Had a nsd day today, yes!
  • Angela84
    Options
    Another week nearly done. Get paid tomorrow so as long as I can have a nsd then I can transfer everything in my account to barclaycard this evening.

Got a free trial for my toddler today at a local gymnastics club.

And hopefully selling some things locally, a laptop we don't use and a Pokemon go plus so that's be £120.

I was on the fence about having a birthday party for my toddler, I haven't had birthday parties for my older boys for years as they've no interested but it's all my 2yr old talks about so I've agreed to hire a hall and have a load of little ones come for party food. It'll all be done on super budget though. Selling those 2 things will fund everything, that's the plan!

Collecting a free garden table and chairs today too as saw one being given away, needs a bit of paintin work so that's a good project for hevand the boys next week.
  • Angela84
    Options
    Well today took an unexpected turn as I ended up at a nhs walk in centre with my 5yr old and it turns out he broke his elbow last night play fighting. So we had greggs to cheer him up with his little arm in plaster bless him :A

Other than that was a nsd, popped round to a friends after school and was treated to dinner. So the £16.71 that was left in my account a minute ago has just gone straight to Barclay card, every little helps!

I get paid every Friday so the plan is £100 each Friday, and then by Thursday evening if anything is left I'll transfer that as well. 17 Fridays until 2018. £2000 to clear. That's £117 per week on average. Keep calm and carry on! :j
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,212 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Keep soldiering on! That time will go by... and how are you fitting Christmas into this?

Sorry to hear about your little boy's arm. I'm glad a Gregg's put it right! And bones heal quickly when you're that age.
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons, dress 7 coupons = 12/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • Angela84
    Options
    Thanks cherry! It's a good point about Christmas, I generally don't spend very much but still, yes you're right, it needs to be factored in!

Well just did my first £100 to barclaycard, feels good!

Today won't be a nsd as I've got to do petrol, foodshop for the week and I've got 3 children birthday presents to buy.
    Also have a free garden table and chairs to collect someone was giving away, a nice wooden set that just needs a sand and paint.
    And then tonight off out to the theatre as a treat with my family to see a local comedian. Have offered to drive so I don't drink as really trying to cut back, that hangover last weekend has put me off for a long time!
  • Angela84
    Options
    Well I ended up drinking and not driving but still was a good day, had bought the birthday boy a framed pic of paw patrol and turns out that's his favourite thing, it was the party theme and everything.
    Has been a nsd, woo!

Last nights theatre trip was lovely too.

And bit of a mystery, have had £100 put in my account today, it just says 'compensation' I'm wondering if it's NatWest charges refund. I'm sure I looked into it all but I haven't had any correspondence! I'll just wait and watch I suppose.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback