Finally found the strength to get debt free 💪

Options

Comments

• Angela84
    Options
    Had a great weekend, didn't manage a nsd for Saturday as bought dinner whilst at my dads but have had one today.
    Popped to home bargains and husband gave me his pocket full of change and found all their pansies and violas were reduced to 40p per tray so got all I needed for super cheap.
    Finished painting my fence so that's the outside jobs done now, all that's left is painting inside.
    Had a nice afternoon today conker hunting, children love to do it each year and it's a nice free activity.
    LBM January 2017 £34k will have paid back finally by my DFD May 2021
    got my first store card on my 18th birthday, never known a life without the grey cloud of debt looming over me. 18yrs and the end is finally in sight 🤩
  • Angela84
    Options
    Another nsd day today woohoo!
    Did (free) bootcamp this morning, home for healthy lunch and organising school things, I volunteered to deliver prospectuses to local preschools, and then this evening planned on going to running club but my back was sore from bootcamp this morning so sat this one out.
    Meal plans are going well, all on plan to last until Friday, maybebjust need to top up tomorrow with milk and bread. Baking cookies tomorrow for lunchbox treats. I don't know why my goal is to have empty kitchen cupboards when most people wish for full ones!
    Meeting a friend at softplay tomorrow with the little ones so won't be nsd but will be cheap.
    got my first store card on my 18th birthday, never known a life without the grey cloud of debt looming over me. 18yrs and the end is finally in sight 🤩
  • Angela84
    Options
    A bit of a spendy day today, haven't had one in a while. Went to the shopping centre to meet s friend for softplay, had lunch and then walked around the shops. Bought myself some makeup, I've been wanting some new things for ages but somehow I can't justify spending money on makeup when it's just so small! So I bought the cheapest stuff, might live to regret that though!
    Returned my studio catalogue parcel, was £5.60 to return, was just under the next weight class which would have cost me over £12! Not buying anything from there ever again!
  • Angela84
    Angela84 Posts: 398 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 21 September 2017 at 7:08AM
    Options
    Thursday!
    Yesterday was a nsd again, woo! :j That’s 9/15 with 10 days to go!
    I booked us into our flights for our holiday in October, that was a bit exciting. Did bootcamp, very muddy!
    The cupboards are very bare now, have one more meal left for today and that’s it. Found an old packet of angel delight last night for pudding for the children.
    Have just enough money left for going out for tea tonight with lots of school mums for a little boys birthday. :beer: Visiting family today so no other spends planned.

Next week is going to be very spendy, I’ve done my sums and I can’t afford to pay my normal £100 to barclaycard even :(
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    We all get expensive months like that, but it is frustrating :(

Would it be cheaper for the kids to have packed lunches? I always found I could make them for a fraction of the cost of school lunches.

Can you ask if you can pay for the school trips in instalments? I'm sure most schools let you if you ask.

It's great that you have the holiday to look forward to :).
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Angela84
    Options
    Well had a good thrifty day today, got my petrol I needed and then visited an outlet centre with a friend and didn’t spend a penny! Looked but knew there was nothing I needed.
    Also my kind nan offered to pay for my sons school trip as she’s beeen saving for him for years and has a nice healthy pot.

Hi hairy! Yes we do pack lunches some days, I’m getting more in the routine of making them each morning. I find it hard as my son asks for hot dinners most days as he loves them so I’ve compromised and said he can have 2 per week. I hate to have him begging me though. And his younger brother gets them free still. I don’t want jealousy though so packnlunch days means everyone gets packed lunch.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    That's really sweet of his nan to pay for the trip :T. Good idea to have school lunches on a couple of days for a treat, saves money and keeps the kids happy.

You did well not spending on the outlet, I love coming out of a shop empty handed :D.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
  • Angela84
    Options
    Well all in all a good weekend!
    Saturday was a nsd, whoop! Let the children chill for the morning whilst I tidy and clean the house, my favourite Saturday morning activity, I start looking forward to it fromabout Wednesday, just to restore some order! Then had friends visit and we went for a walk to the park, then my husband came in and brought dinner with him. Sorted!
    Today was a bit more spendy, visited a softplay with free vouchers but had to buy lunch as husband had gone off, and then later I splashed out on something that I’ve wanted to buy for almost 3 years, a pandora bracelet. I fdiscoveres this week my beloved Swarovski bracket was missing from my wrist, and it got me thinking what to replace it with. I own very little jewellery, it used to be just my bracket, my ring I always wear, and a couple of necklaces for nights out.
    I wanted to start a collection for my daughter when she was born in 2014, and then my next daughter was born in 2016, but ive always thiught one day. And then I saw a friend’s pandora bracelet the other day and loved it, and looked at all the pretty charms... and now here I am with a bracelet with the girls initials and their birth stones.
    My plan is to buy them a charm each for Xmas and then eventually Ill have 2 bracelets full and I can give them to them. I got a deal as there was an offer for the October birthstone bracelet set, plus then the other charms were 3 for 2, apparently the first time they’ve ever done such a good promotion. I feel equally bad and in love. I put it on a new credit card. I’ll be updating my signature.
  • Angela84
    Options
    But moving on, I can’t punish myself too much. It’s not like I’m giving up on replaying my debts, I still plan to be debt free next summer and then I’ll be able to make purchases like this without so much worry. And without using a credit card!
    My septmeber plan is all going Wells this is what I wrote on 10th sept: So I'm targeting myself to get my front garden planted up for winter as cheap as possible. My back garden fence needs the paint finishing. And inside the walls need a freshen up with white I already have.
    Well I planted the front up for super cheap after my great pansy find. And I painted the fence last weekend. So it’s just the white inside which I’m planning to do tomorrow. Woo!
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    I always feel guilty about buying things that aren't essential but it can cheer you up sometimes, as long as you don't do it too often.

You're doing well with the garden improvements.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure