NST June 2017: Jiggle Free June

Options

Comments

• thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Calling14 wrote: »
    Well having only cost me MOT cost last few years its making up for it now. I couldn't live without one. Not far from town but ontop of a very steep hill with limited bus service. I like exploring mountains around North Wales at weekends impossible without a car

Working on cheap meal plans :D

Ours is a 9 year old SUV style thing (a small one) that (in my eyes) constantly seems to need a service, MOT, new tyres, this and that. And it's never just a £50 quid MOT bill :(. As I said if I didn't have DH or kids....:p, and yes weekends might be tricky without one here too.
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • Calling14
    Calling14 Posts: 3,498 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Ours is a 9 year old SUV style thing (a small one) that (in my eyes) constantly seems to need a service, MOT, new tyres, this and that. And it's never just a £50 quid MOT bill :(. As I said if I didn't have DH or kids....:p, and yes weekends might be tricky without one here too.

I have given it consideration a while back but like being independent. Do sometimes go out with dd over weekend, but think pleasure I get from driving to scenic places, relatives and weekends away is worth it. Might reconsider when I get my bus pass.:rotfl: Mines 12 yrs old and no rust on it, low mileage.
    It's not all about money - don't let Kat hear me saying that:D
    LBM 13039 1.1.13 Now £0 Finally Debt FreeMortgage free Oct 2019:)EFund/savings £25000 10/11/22
  • lcc86
    lcc86 Posts: 2,349 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Today hasn't been the most pleasant of mornings - bought a train ticket for a meeting in East London only to get stranded at East Croydon for the best part of an hour. Gave up and went back home to get the car and go to work instead. Luckily I can claim back the cost of the ticket through work but it's not a NSD today now because of that.

I had to pop to Tesco's to buy some veg for the gpig and bought a bar of chocolate as I was miserable and wet (a poor excuse I know!). That will come out of my normal weekly budget so no dramas. Also means that today will end up being a naughty day, but I did exercise for 30 minutes this morning so have exceeded the target of 3 sessions for the week woo hoo!
    Save £3,000 emergency fund #79 - £2,046.55 as of 04/24
  • indigowarrior
    indigowarrior Posts: 745 Forumite
    Options
    Nsd today! Havent done any exercise but managed A 5 mile walk yesterday.
    No Spend November 2/15 and SPC 134
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,036 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I was supposed to have my hair cut and coloured today but looking at it it will last for another couple of weeks so cancelled the appointment. Very NST for me - I'd usually have it done anyway.
    Today the weather has been really awful. Thunder. lightning, wind, heavy rain so I didn't manage to get out for a walk. Not doing very well with that so far this month but I did have another NSD. I've only spent £17.00 so far this month - feeling quite pleased about that and dinner for tomorrow is ready using things in freezer.
    Hope the weather improves tomorrow.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Sorry for your loss Toni'sfriend.
    It has rained here non-stop for 36 hours so it's a good job I'm too busy with work and marking for me to notice...
    Step count staying up, and I've bagged my 3rd nsd in a row.
    Keeping on.
  • pippy1971
    pippy1971 Posts: 144 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    NSD #3 for me today.

On Sunday I got most of my daughter's birthday presents. Yesterday, I took my son to the barbers and as we had an extremely long wait, he insisted on having a burger from the takeaway a couple of doors down from the barbers. Was in the barbers longer than I've ever been in the hairdressers!!!

Have managed an NSD today largely due to the fact that we had Ofsted in :eek: Got in early, stayed late and although I was a too much of a panic this morning to get my lunch sorted, worked through without any. Seems to have gone ok, fingers crossed.

I haven't managed to fit much exercise in this month, unfortunately. As we are away from Friday for the weekend, I also expect to have to use the tumble drier unless there is a dramatic improvement in the weather.

Today I am grateful that Ofsted aren't coming back tomorrow, I only have two more days at work this week and that I have got a lot of housework out the way so hopefully not much to do when we get back :j
    NST June 2017: Jiggle Free June ..number 18
    The 365 day penny challenge £49.89
    1 debt vs 100 days challenge 26... #2
  • x_raphael_xx
    x_raphael_xx Posts: 4,319 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Back to work today, managed an easy NSD.
    It's been raining very heavy on and off all day. Either dry or lashing down.
    It was dry when bf got home so we went straight out for a run. Only a small loop of the park as it's the first one in forever and bf's ankle swells up the first few exercise sessions until it warms up. (Old injury)
    After tea I was still on around 8500 steps, so dragged Duncan out for another walk to reach my goal.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]NSD's 3/20[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]3 exercise sessions a week 1/3 - Run accomplished[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Extra fitness session 10,000 daily goal. 10,000 goal achieved with an extra dog walk.[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Reject consumerism Nothing bought.[/FONT]
    Debt Free as of 17/01/2009 Turtle Power!!

EF Challenger #3 £138.36 / £5000
    MFW 2024 #100 £00.00 / £10,000

MFiT #40 Jan 2025 Target - £99,999.00
    Mortgage at 30/09/22 £113,694.11 | Mortgage at 24/01/23 £110,707.87
    Mortgage at 21/04/23 £107,701.01 | Mortgage at 20/07/23 £106,979.65
    Mortgage at 04/10/23 £106,253.77 | Mortgage at 10/01/24 £105,324.57
  • mrshubbard
    mrshubbard Posts: 176 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    First NSD under the belt for me :) Relaxed morning at home with little man - painting, train tracks & bath. Then he went to nursery and I slept for 3 hours on the settee- bliss!

Should be a NSD tomorrow as at work all day and tea is already made - hubby made a big batch of minestrone soup tonight. Gonna make my butties for lunch tonight to avoid straying.

No exercise for me at all. 2 5 minute walks just so the dog could pee. Struggling with my hip, think I'm going to have to ring to go for physio again :( 8 weeks to go.

Grateful today for

An afternoon kip
    Lots of lovely snuggles with little man this morning
    Hubby cooking tea for tonight and tomorrow
    1 debt vs 100 days -
    Debtfree by Xmas
    NST - 1/18 NSDs £54/£250 food 0/£60spends
    Debts - CC1-[STRIKE]£4438.89[/STRIKE] £4329.82 CC2-[STRIKE]4560.38[/STRIKE] £3672.52 CC3-[STRIKE]£10,326[/STRIKE]£10,155.85 CC4 - [STRIKE]£3286[/STRIKE]
  • Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Simples...don't buy the ride on mower to save some pennies. Do it manually instead and burn those calories ;):p

I actually love mowing - my problem is that my arms are not long enough to start a petrol mower:rotfl:
    When DH hurt his back a few summers ago I mowed the garden but DS (now at Uni) had to start for me each time I stopped to empty the box (a lot as large garden). In the end my lovely neighbour came round once a week and did it for us:T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure