Getting a divorce just found out our property is owned by my husband's mother

Options

Comments

• IAmWales
    IAmWales Posts: 2,024 Forumite
    Options

I would never of gone through the marriage itself if I knew his mother owned the property I have also proof of him saying he owned the property.

Ain't love grand!
  • Red-Squirrel_2
    Red-Squirrel_2 Posts: 4,341 Forumite
    Options
    warehouse wrote: »
    OK, now it's pretty obvious this is simply a trolling post. Too much to soon, good try.

Why do you say that? Transferring his property to his mother is a clear sign that he was already thinking about hoarding assets in the event of a separation before they'd even married. It'd give a lot of people pause I'd have though.

What if they'd had a newborn baby and he'd died in a car crash?
  • Guest101
    Guest101 Posts: 15,764 Forumite
    Options
    no mortgage

I understand now its not his but from the start I thought it was his I even paid for many of the bills and new furniture and works needed in the house thinking it was his.

I would never of gone through the marriage itself if I knew his mother owned the property I have also proof of him saying he owned the property.

So you were only marrying him for the house?...
  • Guest101
    Options
    Mojisola wrote: »
    So she has been your landlord. Have you been paying her rent? Has she been complying with all the LL legislation?

Oh no, a complaint to the HSE will no doubt get them to pay up. (EPC and Gas safety are the only two things to consider in this case)
  • Guest101
    Options
    Why do you say that? Transferring his property to his mother is a clear sign that he was already thinking about hoarding assets in the event of a separation before they'd even married. It'd give a lot of people pause I'd have though.

The lack of property ownership would surely mean both mother and baby would perish.... No, life goes on.
  • davidwood123
    davidwood123 Posts: 471 Forumite
    edited 10 May 2017 at 12:02PM
    Options
    Very clever man.

OP, you have already got everything you deserve
  • Red-Squirrel_2
    Options
    Guest101 wrote: »
    The lack of property ownership would surely mean both mother and baby would perish.... No, life goes on.

She would have been in a much more precarious and vulnerable situation immediately after a really traumatic event!

I thought marriage was about sharing? What about honesty anyway? The OP's husband clearly let her believe she was living in a home that was an asset of the marriage, if his actions were perfectly legit why hide it?
  • Guest101
    Options
    She would have been in a much more precarious and vulnerable situation immediately after a really traumatic event!

I thought marriage was about sharing? What about honesty anyway? The OP's husband clearly let her believe she was living in a home that was an asset of the marriage, if his actions were perfectly legit why hide it?

Presumably because at some point the OP let on to her attitude?

Since we're dealing with hypotheticals- would the MIL make her grand child homeless?
  • unforeseen
    unforeseen Posts: 7,295 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options

i would have said that transferring the house indicates that he was aware that OP was a money grabbed and was protecting his assets.
  • Red-Squirrel_2
    Options
    Guest101 wrote: »
    Presumably because at some point the OP let on to her attitude?

Since we're dealing with hypotheticals- would the MIL make her grand child homeless?

Who knows, her son didn't seem to be bothered about doing it to his own children?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure