When things hit rock bottom the only answer is to fight the way back up...

Options

Comments

• Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,036 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Very well done on your shop and meal plan. I'm glad that has worked out so well for you. You seem so much more positive. Long may it continue,
    Have you looked to see if there are any groups or charities in your area who offer recycled computers free or at a discount?
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • Toni'sfriend
    Options
    I think you'll find it so much better when the wages are paid into your bank account and your in control of the money, I don't think the council would mind a lot of small additional payments but do you think it would be better to put the payment a day into a small emergency fund for a bit. That way you wouldn't be worrying if you were a bit short for the rent one week. You could always start paying a bit more to the council tax arrears once you're a bit more settled.
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    I wouldn't have a clue where to find something like that for the laptop/computer? X

Good point about the council tax and emergency fund. Maybe something to consider especially with all the unexpected hospital stays (which hopefully will be less frequent now. Well at least over summer.

Only two more weeks in school then a two week half term. I love having the kids home but hate the extra expense :o will need to do an extra meal plan to include the kids lunch and extra snacks etc and look around what free activities are on.

No cigarettes bought and none left of the ones I had OH took them to work. I've managed alot better than I thought I would :rotfl: and I havent murdered [STRIKE]OH[/STRIKE] anyone yet ;)

We where having lasagne with garlic bread and wedges. All homemade of course, but I'm not sure I want it and the kids aren't too enthusiastic about that either :cool: Maybe I'll make a pie instead. Pie mash and veg hmm I need to decide :rotfl:

Ebay has a few more bids and I still haven't been to sort the gas and electric yet. I have cleaned and got all the extras done skirting boards etc and the stupid windows upstairs that never seem to be clean longer than two minutes.

Anyway huge post sorry :o I'm off to do my ironing :T
  • Toni'sfriend
    Options
    I'm tired just reading how much you manage to do! All that housework and and homemade meals. Really well done, I'm VERY impressed.
    Have you tried googling free computers or something like that (somebody here might know). I've heard of some such schemes but they're mainly in cities and I'm not sure where you live.
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    I'm tired just reading how much you manage to do! All that housework and and homemade meals. Really well done, I'm VERY impressed.
    Have you tried googling free computers or something like that (somebody here might know). I've heard of some such schemes but they're mainly in cities and I'm not sure where you live.

I lI've just outside Greater Manchester. I will have a google this evening see what comes up I wouldn't have even thought too :o so thank you.

I have to keep on top of the house, as soon as I let things slip it feels like a huge task and makes my anxiety worse :o so I try to make sure I get up when OH does for work which most mornings give's me 2 hours to get stuff done before waking the kids up. Things always take 10 times longer with their 'help' :rotfl: :rotfl:

We still haven't decided on dinner either. Kids had cereal and a cooked breakfast at mums and have just wanted a small snack rather than lunch. No complaining from me ;)

Youngest has a couple of appointments this coming week, Mondays the big consultant appointment so I need to try and find some bits around the house as 'treats' for her after these. Otherwise I will end up spending on a sweetie at the shop :o
  • Toni'sfriend
    Options
    I need some of your energy. Meant to say well done with the ciggies - not easy to give up but well worth the effort for your health as well as the purse.
    Hope the wee one's appointment goes well
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    2 more items sold on ebay .. that see the PayPal balance at around £40 after fees. Although this is held until I receive positive feedback. Means I need to fund the postage upfront so can't post until Monday when OH can send through work.

Kids decided on meat and potato pie for dinner so made that, managed to stretch the mince to a cottage pie too which I've frozen for a dinner for us all when needed. Also used up the apples that where feeling very sorry themselves and made an apple pie and a fruit crumble. The kids are impressed :rotfl:
  • Toni'sfriend
    Options
    So am I. Well done.
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    All payments are in for eBay and just as I thought just over £40 in PayPal. The rest of the parcels are wrapped and me and youngest will go on to the postie after dropping the bigger ones at school in the morning. Might have time to stop in the Salvation Army toddlers but not sure with her appointment. The nerves are well and truly kicking in.

Couldn't sleep last night so made DS a target box out two old crisps boxes for his nerf guns. He's over the moon this morning :T and hopefully this will stop him using his sister as a target :rotfl:

Going to give the house a good go over today and do the beds (it's raining though :( ) kids have completed homework this morning and reading books. Dinner money is in DS bag let's see if he remember's to hand it in tomorrow :rotfl:

Kids have requested a fry up for lunch that will make OH happy too so going to get on with that and jacket potato for dinner rather than a roast so pretty easy day on that front ;)

My and OH anniversary on Friday and then he has a biggish birthday on the Monday so need to get cards. He isn't having a gift we don't do gifts for each other but have a weekend away in June (it isn't on his birthday weekend because we've tied it in with some appointments we see already away for :o £35 for the two of us. If I can't afford this though we will sort something else)
  • Hiddenidenity
    Options
    Kids and OH fed. Half the Sunday chores done.

Kids are annoying me to let then play outside but it keeps raining and not just a drizzle! Plus I end up with 20 kids who don't belong to me in mine and I don't think I'm in the mood :o might set mine up something to bake or make hmm.

I've lost my get up and go today. Might need to put the music on make a coffee and just force myself to get started.
    Not a NSD Either :( £8 at Mr T on nappies for youngest (bogof) so might need to go again through the week because it is a bargain ;) We've tried every other brand going and it makes her sore even reusable which I love BTW. So branded nappies it has to be :( Also spent £2.25 on drinks and some small sweets and a small toy to give to youngest after her appointment tomorrow. Not something I want to stop but buying today for home bargains means it's a lot less than taking her into a shop in town tomorrow ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure