When things hit rock bottom the only answer is to fight the way back up...

Options

Comments

• charlies_tribe
    charlies_tribe Posts: 1,477 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Have a play about with the turn2us calculator. It'll give you a rough idea. I just had a play with it as 1 person with 3 children but you'll have better figures to input. At least then you'll have an idea from now and once you start work.
    I'm sure my sister was took off her tenancy with debt as long as it was still being paid but when she went for another house she couldn't bid until the debt was fully cleared. I'm not certain though.
    Will there be any chance of him helping to pay half the debt?
    LBM in April 17 - £14998/£33554 (44.6%) paid. Mortgage@1 June 18 = £9935/£76350 paid.Total debt @june 18 £102311 now £84972GC Jan £40.99/£500 2021 declutter 85/2021 items 0/20 bags clothes
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Morning HI, hope you got a good nights sleep.

Sending you and the little ones lots of hugs, You are one strong lady, a fantastic mum and a beautiful, amazing person, you are going to be just fine.x.
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning HI,

Hope you got some sleep last night.

Your SOA looks good xx
  • Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I agree with charliestribe - if OH has definitely left and is not returning then you need to change your Tax Credits to a single claim and then claim Income Support/Housing Benefit/Council Tax Benefit asap.

You can have Housing Benefit even if the tenancy is in joint names and one party has left so don't worry about that.

My concern is that as his name is on the tenancy he can just return when he likes - not sure what arrangements you will make for the kids seeing him (if they want to and you have split up) but it may be worth seeing a solicitor for an occupation order which is a court order which states who can live at the property and is in force for a year.

I worry that he will come and go as he pleases, will have his post still sent there and then you get investigated by compliance (Tax Credits access Experian and can see who has there bank, car insurance, mobiles etc at certain addresses)
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    I have spoken to tax credits and they've ended my claim and started a new one. I'm not sure about income support etc? Because I'll be starting work in September, I will arrange to see CAB asap.

He has changed his address with his bank etc to where he's now living, not sure about contact or where it will be. He has been coming here to see them (well once) but maybe we will arrange it for at my mums.

I don't know yet :o everythings up in the air.
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,036 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning, Hidden. Hope you and the little ones are well.
    Wise advice, as ever, from EE. Can you get an urgent appointment with CAB for advice on income support, etc as I doubt you'll see much money from him given his past history. Re his fine, would it be a good idea to actually phone whoever it is paid to to let them know that he no longer stays at your address, You don't want them chasing you for it.
    Like EE I also worry that he'll think he can still come and go as he pleases so seeing the children somewhere neutral like your Mum's is probably a good idea. Do you think she'll agree - I don't think she's his biggest fan!
    You really are doing so well and now that you're in control you will see a huge improvement in your situation. It may take a little bit of time but you will get there.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • UncannyScot
    UncannyScot Posts: 2,070 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    It is possible to get urgent/emergency appointments with my local CAB as their booking system enables them to prioritise cases. It may be that your local CAB uses a similar system.
    I'm pretty sure as well that you can get his name of the tenancy agreement, regardless of the fine, due to extenuating circumstances... if you think that the safety of yourself and the children is compromised or threatened in any way, for example ;)
    My advice is keep him away from your home and arrange as much as possible a neutral place to meet and spend time with the kids. I'm sure you said that he no longer has PR for them, so he cannot force you to arrange for this in any way if you feel that it is not good for the kids; you have responsibility for the kids and he has no say in anything to do with them whatsoever.
    I know there are slight differences between Scots and English laws, so this is my understanding of how it works, might not be right though...
    You are doing great missus (((((HUGS)))))
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Options
    I will try to get it all worked out on Monday, have a few places I need to speak to etc.

Today has been catching up on things to make the week easier.

Kids want a roast, so chicken it is ;) Maybe I'll sit and have dinner with them. It's ready to go on, and I'll use the leftovers into curry, then salads/pasta/sandwich filling and the really last into soup.

I'm waiting for the Tennis Final and the smalls are making teacher cards and boxes.

We actually have a really quiet week, no appointments and the last week of term should mean not much drama from school.
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,036 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    We're having roast chicken too if it ever defrosts!
    That all sounds good, You are a very organized person and seem to be on top of everything.
    Enjoy the tennis, have a relaxing day and, most of all, look after yourself.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • Suffolk_lass
    Suffolk_lass Posts: 9,361 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Have you got a diary yet for free things to do with the children over the summer holidays - I saw your post re museums on Treadingonplaymobil's thread and I wondered if you had put in any date specific diary dates yet for the holidays?
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 31.1% spent or £932.98/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport