Atos assessment for PIP, I know they are gonna trick me but how?

Options

Comments

• Confuseddot
    Confuseddot Posts: 1,755 Forumite
    Options
    Just tell the truth and you will be fine and also re iterate to take Rockingbilly advise with a pinch of salt.
    Play nice :eek: Just because I am paranoid doesn't mean they are not out to get me.:j
  • Tolly_T
    Tolly_T Posts: 120 Forumite
    Options
    The PIP2 form includes several times "We want to know if you can do this safely, to an acceptable standard, as often as you need to and in a reasonable time. " and many of us know from the regulations and various discussions that if you can't do an activity in this manner that they shouldn't consider you able to do it at all.

We know the assessment is going over the same information, the same activities with the same criteria. The assessor doesn't spell out the reliability criteria every time they ask a question but in a PIP assessment that is the information they are trying to find out. It is wasting their time and muddying the water if you say "Yes I can walk 100m but .....". If they're doing a good job they'll then have to ask another question specifying the reliability criteria to find out the distance that you can walk for PIP purposes. If they're not doing such a good job they might just forget that you added a "but ...." on the end of that answer.

It seems sensible to answer the question assuming that when they ask whether you can do something that they are asking whether you can do it reliably. If the assessor wants more information they can ask for it. It's not manipulating anything. For anyone who thinks it is they could include "reliably" in their answer e.g. "No, I can't walk 100m reliably".
  • rockingbilly
    rockingbilly Posts: 853 Forumite
    Options
    Just tell the truth and you will be fine and also re iterate to take Rockingbilly advise with a pinch of salt.
    Don't be silly.

Both statements that are quoted give the same answer but in a different format.
    Some will answer no, some will answer yes, but as long as the answer is qualified in both cases each should get the same number of points.
    I was only pointing this out as the yes option followed by the qualification is the DWP's preferred route.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 18,015 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Help needed to know if there's anyway to be able to ignore RB? I don't know about anyone else but he's seriously annoying me now...
  • rockingbilly
    rockingbilly Posts: 853 Forumite
    Options
    poppy12345 wrote: »
    Help needed to know if there's anyway to be able to ignore RB? I don't know about anyone else but he's seriously annoying me now...

What a strange post?
    This forum is to provide information relating to benefits only

I thought that these forums, and by it's definition a place to air views, give opinion and generally have an open discussion, and not provide for a private members club for those that others see worthy of being invited?.
  • Confuseddot
    Options
    poppy12345 wrote: »

Yups on both counts.

If you go to user cp and then under settings and options there is an ignore list which you can add people too.
    Play nice :eek: Just because I am paranoid doesn't mean they are not out to get me.:j
  • Confuseddot
    Options
    What a strange post?
    This forum is to provide information relating to benefits only

I thought that these forums, and by it's definition a place to air views, give opinion and generally have an open discussion, and not provide for a private members club for those that others see worthy of being invited?.

Can point me to a thread where you have given positive helpful advice and not brought your own problems and negative opinions into it ?

It does seem strange that you are doing all this fighting for Pip/AA when all you previously done with the DLA money was give to your children/grandkids. But as previous posters have pointed out you have many health issues and this may be why you feel the need to derail so many threads who knows.

The problem is that others who may come onto these forums with their own issues may take the incorrect advice you are given out and result in more problems for them that they can't deal with.
  • Londonsu
    Londonsu Posts: 1,391 Forumite
    Options
    I am feeling a bit sad, despite the rather hurtful nasty names he called me the OP clearly was looking for help by posting here but his thread has been hijacked by infighting amongst regular posters and is that really fair on him??
  • Bykerlass
    Bykerlass Posts: 941 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've been a member of MSE for a few years now. Though I post rarely, I do often read people's posts etc and often look on here when needing advice on different things.

I have however been struck with the amount of back biting and niggling arguments on many of the boards. This appears to be the case on many of the threads.

I can't help but feel that anyone who is seriously looking for advice or assistance with something that is troubling them must be left feeling confused and in despair.

The original poster was clearly worried enough to seek help, clearly had mental health issues and was met with people throwing accusations and insults at each other.

Can people not try to not get into tit for tat arguments with other posters and concentrate on what the original poster is looking for. Such a shame.
    I USED TO BE INDECISIVE BUT NOW I'M NOT SO SURE!

Rich people tell you that money doesn't bring you happiness just so the poor people don't feel jealous.
  • Confuseddot
    Options
    Bykerlass wrote: »
    I've been a member of MSE for a few years now. Though I post rarely, I do often read people's posts etc and often look on here when needing advice on different things.

I have however been struck with the amount of back biting and niggling arguments on many of the boards. This appears to be the case on many of the threads.

I can't help but feel that anyone who is seriously looking for advice or assistance with something that is troubling them must be left feeling confused and in despair.

The original poster was clearly worried enough to seek help, clearly had mental health issues and was met with people throwing accusations and insults at each other.

Can people not try to not get into tit for tat arguments with other posters and concentrate on what the original poster is looking for. Such a shame.

the difficulty is where someone is clearly giving a damaging advice to someone who is already mentally unstable what should be done then ?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure