Atos assessment for PIP, I know they are gonna trick me but how?

Options

Comments

• rockingbilly
    rockingbilly Posts: 853 Forumite
    Options
    I'm curious to know what your constituents think about you working 40+ hours a week as a Local Councillor, whilst still claiming benefits? (especially in the ESA Support Group,) and also how the permitted work criteria fits with working 40 hours a week as a Councillor?

I know it's not a "salaried" job, but Councillors are reimbursed for up to £20,000 a year or more, it's reported.

Sorry for derailing a thread, but it's already been derailed?
    For a start you can work as many hours as you want in claiming DLA. It is not an out of work benefit. They probably see me as someone that doesn't sit on my backside and wallow in self pity. As I have said before I thrive because of my grit and determination.
    When claiming ESA, permitted work generally only applies to paid work - hence the restrictions on hours and income.
    I am doing voluntary unpaid work. Not all Councillors are paid expenses. In fact I have not had a penny for the work I have done, expenses or otherwise - I do it as a duty to the residents that elected me.

Yes it has been derailed by bigbulldog once again as he does to many of the threads that I post on.
  • rockingbilly
    Options
    On the topic of attending an ATOS (or other) PiP assessment. ....

I also have quite sever metal health issues (along with physical issues). Early this year I received the papers for transfer from DLA to PiP.

Two points that might help people looking at this thread for help...

You can ask for a Home Assessment. Going to an Assessment Centre was never going to happen with me! I suffer really bad anxiety - and if I get stressed I get a really foul mouth on me. (Not nice for other people who don't realise that the bile I am shouting is not directed at anyone in particular, it is a type of vocal tic similar to Tourettes)...I also tend to get into a panic-mode and will attempt to run off from my carer (Mum) and put myself at risk....When I was sent the letter with a date for a face-to-face in a Centre I was shaking!.....My Carer/Mum phoned and asked for a home visit. Initially it was refused, but she phoned again and explained clearly and calmly the effect that the journey would make on me - and they accepted this and I am now waiting for the date of a Home Visit......So, if a Home Visit makes the face-to-face a possibility where an Assessment Centre is impossible, just ask! They might need to be given a clear indication of your reasons, but there is a chance you will be seen in a place where you feel safe and better able to manage your mental health.

Also, remember that you do not have to go through this alone. You can have a friend/relative/carer with you at all times. (In fact I recommend that you do!)...Firstly because they can help you with your coping strategies....and secondly, if it comes to the worst and you need to appeal then you have someone who was with you and can hep you build your appeal case.

I actually spoke with the DWP last Friday on other unrelated issues. The guy I spoke to assumed that I was telephoning regarding a current PIP assessment (which there isn't) instead of a complaint letter I had sent them over the way my PIP assessment had been carried out. He jumped the gun thinking that I was asking about a home visit (which I never even mentioned). He told me that one would not be authorised unless I could never leave my home and that when wanting to see my GP they would always make a home visit.

Based on what you are saying, it does seem that it depends on who you speak to - some will agree, some won't.
  • bigbulldog
    bigbulldog Posts: 632 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 7 May 2017 at 3:01PM
    Options
    For a start you can work as many hours as you want in claiming DLA. It is not an out of work benefit. They probably see me as someone that doesn't sit on my backside and wallow in self pity. As I have said before I thrive because of my grit and determination.
    When claiming ESA, permitted work generally only applies to paid work - hence the restrictions on hours and income.
    I am doing voluntary unpaid work. Not all Councillors are paid expenses. In fact I have not had a penny for the work I have done, expenses or otherwise - I do it as a duty to the residents that elected me.

Yes it has been derailed by bigbulldog once again as he does to many of the threads that I post on.

The only derailing was from you as you should not be giving advise as most of the time you contradict yourself.

You have already been stopped from posting on this site before and I thinks it needs to be done again as you seem to be a blatant liar.

Like you need constant care for your diabetes and don't forget your supposed to be a alcoholic yet you work 40 hours a week,so you can manage your own medication.
  • rockingbilly
    Options
    bigbulldog wrote: »
    The only derailing was from you as you should not be giving advise as most of the time you contradict yourself.

You have already been stopped from posting on this site before and I thinks it needs to be done again as you seem to be a blatant liar.

Like you need constant care for your diabetes yet you work 40 hours a week,so you can manage your own medication.
    Call me what you like. I am not a liar. Why don't you admit it that you have a personal problem with me?
    I was only pointing out the truth. Read back and you will see that you were nowhere to be seen that is until I posted my reply at 10.25am that you popped up to have a go at me at 10.32am.
    Have you got me on watch or something as you are clearly following me around this site making stupid comments within minutes of me making a post?
  • bigbulldog
    Options
    Please tell us all how you can work 40 hours yet your an alcoholic and a suffer with severe diabetes as well as suffering with dementia.

Explain yourself rockabilly were all waiting.
  • bigbulldog
    Options
    Not forgetting that you have to be woken at 3am to have an insulin jab that your wife has to do as your incapable of doing this yourself.
  • Londonsu
    Londonsu Posts: 1,391 Forumite
    Options
    poppy12345 wrote: »
    I think you'd better read londonsu's post again because nothing was said in the advice about him thinking money should be stopped. With an attitude like yours i'm surprised anyone here would want to help you further, you 've had some great advice so far.

As far as money stopping if you don't go to the assessment then yes that's true...

I am still being charitable and assuming that the OPS rudeness and name calling is part of their condition.
  • rockingbilly
    Options
    Penitent wrote: »
    You said you've had 12 F2F assessments all of which resulted in an award, now you're saying you meant you had 13 assessments and 12 of them resulted in an award. You said all the benefits you've claimed are still in payment except ESA, even though two of your claims were unsuccessful and you are therefore not receiving payment. I'm not "finding something to pick holes in", I'm responding to what you said, as it was inconsistent with what you'd said previously.

I didn't tell you you can't post on this site. I said you shouldn't be giving advice. Funnily enough, you agreed with this not so long ago, but now seem to have changed your mind.

I have never mentioned 13??

What I said was that I have had approx. 12 F2F assessment which were all successful
    Then I had two more (numbers 13 & 14 - DLA to PIP & Attendance Allowance) which failed

so it is a success rate of 12 out of 14!!

You need better specs or some lessons in maths.
  • rockingbilly
    Options
    Please tell us all how you can work 40 hours yet your an alcoholic and a suffer with severe diabetes as well as suffering with dementia.

Explain yourself rockabilly were all waiting.

What do you want to know?

I am an ex alcoholic - last touched the drink in 2012 after being told that if I carried on I would be dead in months - that came from a Prof Neoptolemus (one of my consultants) if you want to know.

Everybody that is a Type 1 Diabetic lives a more or less normal life just as long as they inject Insulin when it is needed. My wife sees to that so I have no worries.

My mental health is being controlled by drugs, so until it becomes an issue that stops me from working I will carry.

Anything else you would like to know?
  • rockingbilly
    Options
    Not forgetting that you have to be woken at 3am to have an insulin jab that your wife has to do as your incapable of doing this yourself.

Correct, she sees to my every need. Either that or I won't bother looking after myself - mental health issues.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure