Be a Stunner for Summer - Slimming World support thread 2017

Options

Comments

• Flat_Eric
    Flat_Eric Posts: 4,060 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 17 May 2017 at 1:17PM
    Options
    Do you get any other perks? I thought social team members got a free magazine but opinion seems divided as to whether slimming world have stopped offering this and therefore it is up to the consultants whether they pay for this out of their own pocket.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,610 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    lantanna wrote: »
    Not in the best of form. Found out I didn't get the job by seeing it readvertised again!!!!

Not the nicest way to find out but then neither of the other two people got it either so I've not lost out to anybody just wasn't suitable at all obviously!

Fed up.com, cant even be bothered talking about it.

Cant wait to get into bed tonight.

Sending you a huge hug.:A

P.S. If it was me I think I'd want to call them and ask for feedback but a company that don't even contact you isn't one I'd want to work for.:(
  • Lois_Lane
    Lois_Lane Posts: 3,449 Forumite
    Options
    Afternoon all

Well done Mrs R :T - I bet you're glad that's over. Any plans for further studies? Like Maman, I used to get through loads of M&S snacks when I was studying.

Welcome back Starry-eyed, don't beat yourself up for putting weight back on, give yourself a pat on the back for deciding to get back on plan and nipping it in the bud before it got out of hand.

Saver-upper - I dip fish cakes in beaten egg and HM breadcrumbs (Syns) and fry them with Frylight, start them off fairly hot and spray the top before turning them over. It helps to chill them for a while too as Maman said.

Sorry to hear about the job Lantanna - it's their loss. Would you want to work for a company that readvertises before letting unsuccessful candidates know? I used to work in HR and it shocks me how rude some employers are.

I don't usually do batch cooking beyond keeping leftovers for another meal, but decided to last week after buying a larger pack of mince, which made 3 portions of bolognese sauce. I bought 2 large packs this week, which I realised was cheaper than buying three packs for £10 and is the same amount. I'm going to make chilli and meatballs this time and I'm thinking of stockpiling them ready for the summer holidays when meals and shopping become more difficult. I have plenty of access to freezer space but there is a limit - they're intended to store shop related stock really!

Have a good day everyone.

LL :)
    Start BMI - 38.7 Current BMI - 31.2 Target BMI - 26.3
  • Lois_Lane
    Lois_Lane Posts: 3,449 Forumite
    Options
    Flat_Eric wrote: »
    Do you get any other perks? I thought social team members got a free magazine but opinion seems divided as to whether slimming world have stopped offering this and therefore it is up to the consultants whether they pay for this out of their own pocket.

I think any rewards are down to the consultant. There was a discussion a while ago about this and some people were taken out for meals, got free magazines and occasional gifts while others didn't get anything.
    Start BMI - 38.7 Current BMI - 31.2 Target BMI - 26.3
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Flat_Eric wrote: »

No other perks for us, but I quite like being weighed by the consultant, because it gives you a little chance for a private chat about any issues, although I could do that anyway if there were no new starters or I hung around at the end.
    She always thanks us though, which shows we are appreciated.
    Zebras rock
  • Ruthy1604
    Ruthy1604 Posts: 543 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sorry to hear your news Lantanna - they sound like a horrible company to work for anyway.

Todays plan is:
    B: Banana
    L: HM Cauli & horseradish soup, HM coleslaw, Melon Strawberries & raspberries
    D: Not sure yet - DH is out so I might make the SW quiche or an omelette.
    HExA - Milk in tea HExB WM Tuna baguette (no mayo) that I snaffled from a buffet. I'm guessing 6 syns as I cannot find it online.
    10lb to lose & keep off in 20204.5lb/10lb:rotfl:
  • candyapple_2
    candyapple_2 Posts: 600 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi everyone

I've been quiet lately because I've been misbehaving :o and piling on so many lbs its ridiculous. Have given myself a good talking to though and I've behaved for 2 days and managed to get a little loss so just need to keep it going now. I have some size 12s to fit into in 2 weeks for a social occasion but I'm not overly convinced that'll happen but I'll give it a damn good try :D If I don't quite get there, there's always my fab sucky in pants from M&S :D

Hope everyone's well.

Boo to the work stuff lantanna, I'm applying for jobs at the moment too but not been to that scary interview stage yet!

Well done MrsR on your degree :T

Well done losers and bubbs for SOTW :T can you pass me some of your motivation please? ;)

Food today:

B - porridge HEB with almond milk (1 syn), banana and jam (2 syns), latte made with HEA milk
    L - pasta with tuna mayo (2 syns)
    T - chicken stir fry (hopefully getting all my speed in as its been lacking today), no noodles as its a massive pack of veg so I'm sure it'll fill me

Will use the rest of my syns with pud I'm sure, heading off on a mini food shop in a little while
  • Mrs_Ryan
    Mrs_Ryan Posts: 11,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Afternoon all :)
    Thanks for the kind words :) it was very stressful towards the end so I'm glad it's done and dusted. Lois- yes, I start my Masters in English in October. I actually posted on Walkers Crisps Facebook page 'I wanted to say a big thanks for the wonderful product that is Wotsits for fuelling this stressed student through the final examined assignment of my degree. Love, a stressed student' They sent a lovely reply back saying thanks for the kind words and don't get too stressed :rotfl:
    Horrid weather here today. Throwing it down with rain. OH decided at 1am this morning that he wants an XBox 360. He had a PlayStation 3 that I paid £500 for about 10 years ago, and he's played it the grand total of about 3 or 4 times. In the last 8 years or so it's just sat gathering dust- it was a monumental waste of money. He decided he wanted to swap it for the XBox, so I was dispatched into the rain today to see what I could do. Couple of places laughed when I asked as it's such a dinosaur of a thing, and I was getting progressively more and more cross with him. He already knew he was in the doghouse for abandoning the PS3 and never really using it, and he's really in the doghouse now. I got him the XBox but got utterly drenched in the process :mad: honestly- men!!!!
    Rant over haha!
    B: HEXB 2 x HiFi light bars, decaf coffee with HEXA s/s
    L: Chicken and bacon pasta salad, 1/2 a syn for mayo. Melon slices, pint of NAS Vimto.
    T: Oriental salmon with noodles and veg, Fab lolly (4 syns)
    S: 4 crackerbreads with ham and gherkins (4 syns) Apple, decaf coffee withHeXA.
    Syns: 8.5
    Love to you all x
    *The RK and FF fan club* #Family*Don’t Be Bitter- Glitter!* #LotsOfLove ‘Darling you’re my blood, you have my heartbeat’ Dad 20.02.20
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,562 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Today's menu:

Breakfast:bacon,eggs,baked beans,onion,tomato

SNack: a nectarine and an apricot

Lunch: Batchelor's rice (free),followed by 2 apricots,a necarine and an apple

Tea:salmon fishcakes (milk from allowance for mashed potato,breadcrumbs about 3 syns (measured out 25g of breadcrumbs,used on 3 fishcakes,but only ate 2).About 1 syn for spray oil.Served with butternut squash and peas .

Snack tonight: chocolate rice cakes 3.5 syns.

WIll have 2 Hifi bars later,have had milk in cups of tea throughout the day.

How does everyone else cook fishcakes?A couple of weeks ago I simply coated with plain flour (synned) and dry fried.A bit yuk.gif
    Today,saw a recipe with a different method.I used the breadcrumbs,fried in spray oil both sides,then cooked in oven for 10-15 miutes.Better than fried flour,but not as nice a shallow fried in lots of oil :rotfl:

Walked briskly about 50 minutes today.

When I make fishcakes I usually mix either tinned salmon or tuna and mix with mash; form into cakes and then freeze for a while to firm up (don't usually leave enough time for them to firm up in the fridge!). Always cook in the oven on a frylighted baking sheet and spray the top before turning them over half way through.

The last lot of fishcakes I made was from a recipe in one of the magazines which was just wizzed up salmon fillet & prawns. These were also oven cooked. The recipe made 4 cakes but DH didn't want any (he's not keen on salmon) so I had 2 and froze the other 2.

Congratulations on finishing your degree Mrs Ryan. At least you've got a few months before you start studying again.

Having another Green day today:

B - scrambled eggs on toast
    L - ate out (pasta with pesto, mushrooms & tomato so allowing 10 syns
    D - mixed bean goulash/rice - if I want/need it. Still feeling full at the moment.

HEA - milk
    HEA2 - cheese
    HEB - toast
    HEB2 - not sure yet

Denise
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,939 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    greentiger wrote: »
    You’re a star, bubbs! Congrats on being SOTW again.

Hello, Starry.eyed.

Woo hoo, Mrs_R, well done – a magnificent achievement.

Happy tiger here – first leg of play off semi final negotiated safely. My daughter and I went up to Dundee for the game, which was most enjoyable. Roll on Friday!
    candyapple wrote: »
    Hi everyone

I've been quiet lately because I've been misbehaving :o and piling on so many lbs its ridiculous. Have given myself a good talking to though and I've behaved for 2 days and managed to get a little loss so just need to keep it going now. I have some size 12s to fit into in 2 weeks for a social occasion but I'm not overly convinced that'll happen but I'll give it a damn good try :D If I don't quite get there, there's always my fab sucky in pants from M&S :D

Hope everyone's well.

Boo to the work stuff lantanna, I'm applying for jobs at the moment too but not been to that scary interview stage yet!

Well done MrsR on your degree :T

Well done losers and bubbs for SOTW :T can you pass me some of your motivation please? ;)

Food today:

B - porridge HEB with almond milk (1 syn), banana and jam (2 syns), latte made with HEA milk
    L - pasta with tuna mayo (2 syns)
    T - chicken stir fry (hopefully getting all my speed in as its been lacking today), no noodles as its a massive pack of veg so I'm sure it'll fill me

Will use the rest of my syns with pud I'm sure, heading off on a mini food shop in a little while

Afternoon all :D
    Thanks both, candyapple you dont want my motivation:eek: i would never be here if i wasnt diagnosed diabetic , even though i should be:o just keep going , we will get there:D
    Lantanna sorry you didnt get the job:(
    Welcome newbies and well dont those that lost:T sorry those that didnt:(
    tete whe i went slimming years ago, they used to say a pint of water weigh a pound and a quarter, so dont drink before you get weighed;)
    Thats the only thing i did different last 2 weeks loads of water, but saying that i was reaally thirsty:o but i have not as drank as much this week:o
    I am not weighing tomorrow as have eye screening, so going sat morn
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure