Amazon prices and reviews

Options

Comments

• The-Truth
    The-Truth Posts: 483 Forumite
    Options
    lr1277 wrote: »
    I disagree with you. The review comments on the service provided by Amazon for which the customer is paying. Amazon sourced the delivery service so they are responsible for the state in which the item arrives at its destination.

I am sure any potential customers might like to know about this.

No because Amazon probably didn't deliver it. Haven't you noticed there are umpteen sellers for each item?

That's why they don't allow reviews about delivery.

I can't seriously believe you haven't noticed their selling format! :shocked:
  • takman
    takman Posts: 3,876 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    JReacher1 wrote: »
    I don't actually agree with this. It is relevant to the customer to know that they can buy the same item from a different retailer for a lower price.

I don't however imagine any retailer would ever publish such a review

I'm really glad they don't allow those types of reviews because they are ridiculous!.

If I'm looking to buy something with thousands of reviews then I will read a few good and bad ones and then look at the overall star rating of the item to see if it's any good. If people start giving 1 star because it's expensive or 5 stars because it's cheap then that doesn't help anyone!.

Especially if the price changes then that means you end up getting a mixture of good and bad reviews based on what price it was when they looked at it!

How could that possibly be helpful?
  • lovinituk
    lovinituk Posts: 5,711 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I disagree with you. The review comments on the service provided by Amazon for which the customer is paying. Amazon sourced the delivery service so they are responsible for the state in which the item arrives at its destination.

I am sure any potential customers might like to know about this.
    That's not how it works on Amazon. You could have multiple sellers of the same product, including Amazon themselves. Leaving product feedback regarding the delivery service of one of those sellers has nothing to do with the delivery service of any of the other sellers. Product reviews must only be about the product itself.
  • lr1277
    lr1277 Posts: 1,684 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It's not a review of the product so wasn't published. So disagreeing is moot.

Isolated delivery errors are not a useful guide for future purchasers. It might be different if this was a regular occurrence, but (even then) it would not be a review of the product.

So Molerat who bought the product found that the product was excellent but the white glove delivery service was not upto scratch.

Yes I would want to know about this. Also I suspect Molerat had an expectation of a white gloved delivery, and they paid for the item (and its associated delivery) on that basis.

Otherwise, according to you, Amazon's pitch is: We sell excellent products but we don't care the state they are in when you receive them. The item could be broken into a thousand pieces, but you cannot say that when you review the product and service.

If I am paying for the product and the delivery, yes I care. Now in Molerat's submission, we don't know if Molerat mentioned the delivery method/service used, but I believe it is relevant.

I know you can take up the delivery service with Amazon, but wouldn't you like to tell other potential customers about this as well.
  • The-Truth
    edited 1 May 2017 at 4:43AM
    Options
    So Molerat who bought the product found that the product was excellent but the white glove delivery service was not upto scratch.

Yes I would want to know about this. Also I suspect Molerat had an expectation of a white gloved delivery, and they paid for the item (and its associated delivery) on that basis.

Otherwise, according to you, Amazon's pitch is: We sell excellent products but we don't care the state they are in when you receive them. The item could be broken into a thousand pieces, but you cannot say that when you review the product and service.

If I am paying for the product and the delivery, yes I care. Now in Molerat's submission, we don't know if Molerat mentioned the delivery method/service used, but I believe it is relevant.

I know you can take up the delivery service with Amazon, but wouldn't you like to tell other potential customers about this as well.

This has nothing to do with Amazon.

Basically and I don't mean to be rude but the concept is quite obviously too difficult for you to grasp even though it's been explained very clearly to you. The long and the short of it is it means your opinion doesn't count due to lack of understanding. There's no point in you posting any further because it's obvious to everyone else it's you who doesn't understand how the system works which basically makes your vents void and to be ignored.
  • seashore22
    seashore22 Posts: 1,443 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    The op seems to have had a bad time buying this dishwasher, if this and his other post are anything to go by.
  • lr1277
    lr1277 Posts: 1,684 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The-Truth wrote: »
    This has nothing to do with Amazon.

Basically and I don't mean to be rude but the concept is quite obviously too difficult for you to grasp even though it's been explained very clearly to you. The long and the short of it is it means your opinion doesn't count due to lack of understanding. There's no point in you posting any further because it's obvious to everyone else it's you who doesn't understand how the system works which basically makes your vents void and to be ignored.

Why thank you for your opinion. Just because somebody writes somebody writes something that you don't agree with does not make it invalid, either on this site or on Amazon reviews.

I agree that the OP was misguided. If you didn't buy the product from Amazon and wrote a review saying Amazon was not the cheapest retailer/source, then you shouldn't write a review.

However, if you bought the product from Amazon, I believe you have a right to comment on the service and the product.

Reasons:
    Amazon contracted the delivery method. As we see on the Ebay board, a seller is responsible for the product and the method of delivery. (Numerous threads). In choosing sub-contractors, did Amazon perform any quality checks? Did Amazon not set service standards when taking on a sub-contractor? Do they keep a note of products that arrived damaged?
    Where else on the Amazon site, can you review the delivery method.

Over and out!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    However, if you bought the product from Amazon, I believe you have a right to comment on the service and the product.
    If you have a complaint, you complain and it's then up to the vendor to make restitution. This would indeed be "comment on the service".
    Where else on the Amazon site, can you review the delivery method.

Having complained, there is little point in adding such isolated circumstance to a product review.

Regardless, this discussion is futile since reviews of delivery service and price comparisons are deleted prior to publication and will continue to be despite your comments here.
  • marliepanda
    marliepanda Posts: 7,186 Forumite
    Options
    I want to know what the product is like.

I don't care if your courier dropped it over your fence. I don't care that your postage was delayed for some reason irrelevant to me. I don't care if yours got lost in the post.

You're not reviewing Amazon. You're reviewing the product.

Imagine if you were a product inventor and all your sales pages were full of one star reviews:

* Amazon charges too much for this. It's cheaper on eBay.

* this for here in four days when the estimate was two.

See the problem.
  • The-Truth
    Options

That poster did NOT buy it from Amazon, it was a third party seller, which bit of that don't you understand?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure