in Energy
25 replies 3.6K views
13»

Replies

• A.Penny.SavedA.Penny.Saved Forumite
    1.8K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Never Never Never will I join something involving those incompetents @Greenstar
  • StopItStopIt Forumite
    1.5K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Just a heads up to MSE.

I just ran a quick comparison on a different site, and Green Star have just launched a Tariff (It was dated 27/04, so literally today) that is basically exactly the same as this one, available to all.

Not so much of a good deal for MSE as Green Star have effectively promised an exclusive deal I presume?

In debt and looking for help? Look here for the MSE Debt Help Guide.
    Also, If you need any free and impartial debt advice, the National Debtline, Stepchange, and the CAB can help.
  • reduxredux Forumite
    22.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None of these MSE specials have been cheaper than the cheapest where I live.
  • Andy_WSMAndy_WSM Forumite
    2.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Uniform Washer Rampant Recycler
    ✭✭✭✭
    Most misleading advertising EVER. Disgusting from a site like MSE.

I'd like to know if ANYONE manages to save £280 a year?

For me the "next best deal" will cost me £290 a year more than my tariff that ends in June (a near 30% increase!) - but I would get £30 cashback, as they are quick to point out :rotfl:

Given wholesale prices are slightly below where they were when I signed in to my current tariff last year I can see what an absolute con job these energy companies are pulling on us!
  • DAK whether Green Star would charge an exit fee if I move house during the contract? My read of the T&Cs is that a house move would result in contract termination, and that a fee may therefore be due. Very strange that the T&Cs don't explicitly cover this common situation.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides