£16,000 debt, turning regret into positive action.

Options

Comments

• Rachel24
    Rachel24 Posts: 214 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You are so close :-) £809 to go!
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,226 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Well done for getting the debt well under the £1000 mark. :)
    The petrol tracker sounds useful: it should help you get into good habits if you aren't already! Very easy to go a bit faster and use more fuel than you need to.
    Are there any plans to build up the car account again?
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons, dress 7 coupons = 12/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • LadyP01
    LadyP01 Posts: 222 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes car account build up continues next month. I have insurance later in the year and I like to have money for unexpected issues.

I feel good I'm so close just seems so far away! I'll get there.
  • LadyP01
    Options
    Not done my finances yet but Iv been preparing the budget and allocating the money and already I only have £600 left and Iv not even paid anything to debt. I have £800 left to go. When will I ever get this paid off?

I'm wondering what I can sell that I have left to try and close this gap?

Feeling desperate to get the debt paid.
  • LadyP01
    Options
    Still not completed finances. Hoping to get it done later today.

Birthday presents were a win. I got £10 off one gift and used some vouchers for the rest of it so no money spent for one gift.

The second gift required some thinking outside the box and I spent about £12 on it and he was one happy child.

Very happy with them.

Need to do my finances and pay debt but as I thought I would be debt free by now I thought I would have sorted out my pots of money. I havnt and I have throngs like car insurance creeping up so Iv decided to hack away at the last bit of debt slowly as it really is just at the end and make sure that I have enough money in all my pots to pay for my out goings.

Further post to come I hope
  • LadyP01
    Options
    Finances are done.

Iv paid another £209 off to debt. Making my debt total £600.

Why is it the end that just seems so hard? It's like your so close but it's so slow. As long as it's gone by Christmas.

Money wise things are ok budgets are looking good and healthy. Iv had a few unexpected party's to attend this month where my best co workers have left but spends have been kept low.

Two birthday presents this month as previously posted and I kept them really low aswell.
    I'm still waiting on £130 of expenses to be paid and Iv got a cheque to pay for £25 from the tax office so I'll put both of those to debt to get that figure down.

It's August so of course I am now on Christmas mode! Iv spent the last hour working out gifts and my budgets etc. It's time to get out there and spot the deals for everyone. The kids are easy to get out the way now and so are the girls to be honest so expect more Christmas posts coming soon to keep everything low.
    Maybe this will be the year I finally make something?

Another thing I'd been focused on in relation to gifts is waste and plastic. I love wrapping I love the idea of making a gift look amazing but Iv never considered the waste that comes with that. Every Christmas we must throw atleast two bags of recycling just from gifts. This year I'm lookin at what we have in the house and how we can use up what we have in order to have a better waste free Christmas the year after. This also in turn will save money. We have lots of birthday wrapping for baby's and children that they have grown out of. Ideal for sack presents to avoid that paper ever getting wasted. Leaving a lot of the nice paper we have for nice gifting to friends and family so I can still enjoy decorating them nicely.
    This will save me ALOT of money this Christmas.

More to post as I have lots more thoughts and I'm hoping for a productive day today.
  • Rachel24
    Rachel24 Posts: 214 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    £600 you are so close :-) if you have it paid off by the end of the year then at least your 2019 will start off debt free.
  • LadyP01
    Options
    Thanks Rachel that is true. It's exciting that I'm so close but it's like watching paint dry with anticipation.

Didn't get as much done today as I thought I would as I don't feel very well but I'm feeling positive about Christmas with some good low budget gifts planned.
    So far I feel I'm on a win this month
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,669 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Well done for almost getting out of debt. Are you planning on carrying on saving afterwards?
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • LadyP01
    Options
    Yh we have lots of plans and savings to be doing once debt free hits so budget wise my life will remain the same
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback