£16,000 debt, turning regret into positive action.

Options
1252627282931»

Comments

• LadyP01
    LadyP01 Posts: 222 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Feeling really restless today.

Iv been clearing things away into boxes for when we move. I can't cope with the clutter. Living zero waste and frugally is cluttering. I can't believe I have been on this journey for over 2 years now and I still have endless products. Mostly it's gifts that I will use but my consumption is not what it used to be!

The satisfaction I have had recently using up a lipgloss that I have had for years. I would have thrown that out pre light bulb moment.

We're hoping to have a new place by summer so everything I won't use until then like body soaps, candles etc Iv started packing away. I'm over the clutter and would like a fresh start.

I also have a lot of projects that I still need to do.

•sew my slippers up
    •use up the food in the kitchen
    •clean and eco brick all the non recyclable plastic.
    •make gifts for people
    •make Christmas and birthday cards for people

Decluttering will get most of this stuff done.
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,057 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    I know where you're coming from on using up toiletries: gifts seem to last forever! At the moment I have backlogs of soaps and hand cream...

I love that you are working on being zero-waste, and yes, it does tend to cause clutter. I expect as time goes on and we use up more old-style packaged items, that might get a bit easier to manage.
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • LadyP01
    Options
    So I'm back.

i hadn't realised I had been gone so long. How has 6 months flown by????? Lockdown really had me.

The thing that triggered me to come back is a light exchange of words with DH about money after debt it paid and how we should spend it. I just want to live a simple life and he just wants to spend everything and it makes me so mad but Iv calmed and decided we will do things his way and I can save up my money to do with what I want and invest how I would like to Invest it.

• LadyP01
    Options
    I'm going to pop around the boards to see if there's still some old names to see how your all getting on and check in on some news ones for some positive energy and motivation. 

We have some exciting news ourselves. We have purchased a house!!!! We will be married for a year this summer and hopefully in our own respectively not to big home which we love. 

This brings new challenges for us in regards to savings. We had to dig deep for the deposit and there's going to be a rough road ahead but I'm considering starting a new board? I feel I started this one when I was dealing with debt alone and became debt free before the wedding etc and now the debt we have is our debt as a family so I'm considering saying goodbye to this blog and being thankful of everything I learnt and achieved and the success and move onto a new blog where we smash our new debt and get everything paid off.

out with the old and in with the new.

i started this journey when I was 25? Maybe and im now happy to close this blog over 30, extremely happy, married and with my own house after clearing my original debt. 
    Please if you have read my journey over the years to this point come and see where I am now and how it's spiralled but also how we live our happy, simple, zero waste life. (Well one of us anyway) 

feels pretty good to be looking back and forward right now.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback