£16,000 debt, turning regret into positive action.

Options

Comments

• LadyP01
    LadyP01 Posts: 222 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thank you one daysomeday! And massive thanks for taking the time to read through my year worth of woes.

I was having an averagely good day but thats just peeked me right up.

Food today cost £5.40 still have £4.60 left to spend.
  • onedaysomeday
    Options
    LadyP01 wrote: »
    Thank you one daysomeday! And massive thanks for taking the time to read through my year worth of woes.

I was having an averagely good day but thats just peeked me right up.

Food today cost £5.40 still have £4.60 left to spend.

Glad to have helped :beer:
    Just trying to make up for past mistakes and work towards the future I want :hello:
  • LadyP01
    Options
    4 days till pay day! Feeling great.
    Spending has been good, Thursday - NSD Friday - NSD saturday - finally purchased the birthday present after lots of visits to find something. £18.50 in total.

Day 8 of sugar free and its going amazingly
    Weighed in and lost 5 pounds.
    No cravings and I feel full all the time so thats great.

Hope everyone is having a fab weekend.
  • LadyP01
    Options
    How time flys. I hope everyone;s been enjoying what they can of the snow. Cant beat them join them and all that.

Busy week and not so busy week just been relaxing and enjoying life.

Pay day has come and gone and tomorrow I will sit down and sort through my budget and pay some debt :)

Be back tomorrow Im looking forward to my new total!
  • Miss_Money_Magnet
    Options
    I have just read through your diary and I think youve done amazingly well!!
    You are so determined and deserve to achieve your dreams x
    "Never underestimate the power of small amounts"
    New Mortgage started March 17 £236,000 (28 years) NOW £231,500 March 3 18. 68% LTV. £221,100 Aug 19 £210,000 Jan 2020 £206000 April 2020 £204000 May £202,997, Aug 20 £199,554, Dec 20 £196,629 June 21 £185,200
  • LadyP01
    Options
    Awww thank you so much for saying that miss money magnet!

Its amazing how quickly frugal becomes a natural habit.

X
  • LadyP01
    Options
    It’s official... I have been busting a gut for exactly a year now trying to hammer down my debt.

This time a year ago I was starring at the figure £16,000 on a page and wondering where or how it had got that bad, why coudnt I get out of this debt?

A year on and Iv made February’s payments. Iv managed to pay another £824.06 which is lower than ideal but I got paid my standard pay this month.

MY NEW DEBT TOTAL ISSSSSSSS.......

£3500

I am so close and nearly there but as always that last bit always seems like the big stuggle.

I won’t hit may as my debt pay off deadline unless I get a miracle pay rise. It’s looking like June/July will be likely depending on how much I can pay off each month so it’s getting tough.

This month we have Mother’s Day and Easter in it so a tough month. I have money in my budget for these but I’m excited to see how savvy I can be with everything and get out and see how I can save some money.

I think it hasn’t sunk in that Iv paid £12,500 off in a year. That means Iv spent £9500 on the cost of living that’s 43% of my salary going to the cost of bills and fun and 57% to debt. Happy with those figures and I would be happy if the debt percentage turned into savings.

This year I have gone on holiday 5 times on some great deals. On review this has cost money that could have gone to debt I had purchased the holiday before my LBM so I did what I could around that.
    This year there is no holidays planned just save save save but that might be reviewed for a uk get away after the debt is gone.

I have cut down on haircuts, beauty products, nights out, food just about everything and I don’t regret it.

Happy winter weekend everyone I hope your all having some great money moments like I am.

:j
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,619 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    What a fantastic result and a great example of how to tackle debt. When that £3500 is gone you will have £9000 towards your deposit if you continue saving at the same rate/put money to debt by this time next year.

Sounds like you are doing well on cutting sugar out of your diet. I try that too every so often but then fall off the wagon :(. I am sure it is addictive.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • LadyP01
    Options
    That would be so exciting I need £10,000 in total and Ill have 18 months to do it so I might be able to save more.

Im on Day 15 I think? Iv lost half a stone and I feel really good. I had two slightly wobbly moments this week... creatures of habit in the petrol garage and I was starving. I thought to myself Im
    Hungry not craving so the right food I need is protein, grabbed some ham and a scotch egg that was 1.2g of sugar... Id had none of my alliance of sugar that day and hunger was filled.
    Its days like that that show you how your decisions make a difference. I hope I can keep it up. Im having bits of sugar occasionally and Iv only had fruit once as I found it made me really hungry after like sugar does so Im avoiding that if I can. X
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,619 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Maybe more protein is what I need then. I have a tendency to reach for fruit if hungry so maybe I should avoid that.

Not sure if you are using an ipad/iphone but you can get rid of the problems with apostrophes in your post by turning off smart keyboard in settings. There is a post on it.
    http://appleinsider.com/articles/17/09/26/tips-turn-off-ios-11-smart-punctuation-to-avoid-data-entry-problems
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback