Forum Home» Energy

Add your feedback on energy supplier Powershop - Page 60

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

Add your feedback on energy supplier Powershop

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Energy
1.6K replies 156.6K views

Replies

• TafrockTafrock Forumite
    629 posts
    500 Posts Second Anniversary
    ✭✭
    No I had no such warning mick
    I will have been with powershop 12 months on June 6th

All I did was hit the contact Us option from powershop website. To get to website I launched app and clicked your tariff option

I then clicked show my tariff information
    Then the contact Us option from top menu

I then typedca request in window that opens up detailing dates I bought powerpacks I wanted refunding

Next morning I received a reply from powershop support

Here's the reply I received and the money is now sitting as a credit in my powershop account balance

'I have refunded the packs that you requested, the October packs were unused (full refund) however the others were partial. Refunds over direct debit take 3-5 working days depending on your banks processing speeds.

If there is anything else we can do, please do not hesitate to ask.

Kind regards -Thomas

Thanks
    The Powershop Crew'

Strange that you were refused a refund
  • Mick_PopkaMick_Popka Forumite
    70 posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts
    Tafrock,
    I'm confused as to why I'm getting the refusal and "dire warning" - in checking the "Sept 17 Easy Saver Promise(ESP)" all it guarantees me is to pay no more than £0.1314 per kWh!

I'm currently paying £0.1122 for the power used in the past 7 months.

I guess the ESP is of no use to me, unless I stop purchasing any more powerpacks!
    629 posts
    ✭✭
    Yes I'm confused too mick

I used some of my refund to purchase simple saver at 20% instead of lower percentage packs I had refunded

My advance payment is now £103. Can't see why you can't get refunded
  • gsmlnxgsmlnx Forumite
    1.7K posts
    ✭✭✭
    Mick
    The reason for the warning is that you will not be able to claim against their quote at the start of the contract that your energy costs would not exceed that stated on the "Easy Saver Rate". By asking for a refund, they are just making it explicit that your price guarantee is null and void.
    Very reasonable of them.
    Once you are outside the first 12 months, that tariff guarantee is no longer valid; hence no warning needed to the longer term customers.
  • edited 31 May 2018 at 3:31PM
    fewkestefewkeste Forumite
    467 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    edited 31 May 2018 at 3:31PM
    @Mick

I've been a customer since 19th April 2017. I'm surprised that partially used Powerpacks were not refunded for you because (unless I've misunderstood) Tafrock stated he was getting a refund on partial Powerpacks.

No I didn't get any sort of 'threat' but I'm not on any sort of 'Easy Saver rate' promise. I'm on Powershop's Pioneers 'Shopper' tariff.

I don't read it as a threat - more a warning that you may not achieve the promised rate. In fact, if you are quite selective in your purchase of Powerpacks, you will easily beat the rate mentioned in the promise I expect.
    629 posts
    ✭✭
    I did get my partial used packs refunded. Here's the text from my account activity to prove it.

30 May 2018
    9:19 am Customer Purchase Reversal Refund of August Future Pack (£6.28) £48.68 CR

30 May 2018
    9:19 am Customer Purchase Reversal Refund of September Future Pack (£1.77) £42.40 CR

30 May 2018
    9:19 am Customer Purchase Reversal Refund of October Future Pack (£4.95) £40.63 CR

30 May 2018
    9:17 am Customer Purchase Reversal Refund of October Future Pack (2 packs) (£20.00) £35.68 CR

30 May 2018
    9:16 am Customer Purchase Reversal Refund of August Future Pack (£10.00) £15.68 CR

30 May 2018
    9:16 am Customer Purchase Reversal Refund of Jumbo (£5.68) £5.68 CR

Only the packs with £10 value were unused ie 3 out of the 7

I'll still beat my easy saver promise even with these refunds

I claimed back £48.68 on unneeded low discount powerpacks ranging in value from 7. 2% to to 14.5%

I only buy packs of 20% discount minimum nowadays
    70 posts
    OK, Instead of "Threat" I accept I should have said "Warning"..
  • fewkestefewkeste Forumite
    467 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Mick_Popka wrote: »
    OK, Instead of "Threat" I accept I should have said "Warning"..

Agreed - I would get back to them and ask why they have refunded partially used Powerpacks for other customers but not for you. I assume you realise that it's the original amount you paid you get a refund of - NOT the higher value the enhanced amount the Powerpack buys you.
    629 posts
    ✭✭
    Two new November powerpacks available. Both 27.6%. You can only buy one of each. Mine were for £8.92 electricity each so though the discount is impressive the quantity of electricity you may purchase is very disappointing. Last year I purchased 5 powerpacks which gave me 5 x 13.07 worth of electricity.
    70 posts
    Tafrock,
    It may be simpler to refer to the powerpacks in terms of "number of days" as these should be the same for each customer, whereas the figures for "Cost" and "Value" are dependent upon each individuals actual consumption.

It strikes me as strange that there should be 2 "Future" powerpacks of the same discount with a single purchase of each, rather than a single "Future" powerpack that is limited to a max of 2 units.

Must be a new web person!