A whole new world, for now

Options

Comments

• in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Today I felt tired so I went to bed and woke three hours later. The best bit is that I don't feel guilty. Yes there was stuff to be done but hey, there always will be. This includes baking for mother's birthday tomorrow but I have some of the ingredients prepped. I have also a 14 item list to work through ideally in the morning.
    Tonight I am grateful for
    A you tube instruction video
    Perseverance
    A comfy bed
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st10lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Whats to be guilty about. You felt tired and had a sleep. There is always tomorrow for lists.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Up and at em. First thing cleared from my list. Here's hoping it continues.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st10lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    so far i have 13 of the 14 items cleared. the other requires a free 3 hr time frame and i'm struggling. ideally i'd do it tomorrow but am due to meet a friend for lunch which would make it a bit tight.

so, i have agreed a major home based project to be delivered 39 weeks from now. it will mean major expenditure so i'm hoping it will galvanize me into action on the business front. it'll most likely take up to and inc the weekend to come up with even an approximate budget so watch this space.
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,778 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    The new project is good news. It will give you a new focus. You sound motivated :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,373 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    The new project is good news. It will give you a new focus. You sound motivated :)

Agreed :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,089 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Funny, I thought of the electric tin opener too. I've just started with what appears to be arthritis in one hand and I'm trying to minimise any strain on that joint, though it's not one that gets too involved in opening tins. Is it giving in, or could it be saving your hands for other things? :)

And ginger marmalade (sorry to jump in on your discussion) - T@sco and B'n'M both do a ginger jam. Would that do? It's nice: I've just had some. :) About 75p.
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,170 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Well done on clearing nearly all of the list, and great news about the new project!
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    finally thing completed. It was making a carrot cake that was devised for pierce brosnan's wedding cake. it was possibly the most complicated recipe that I have tried in years and it worked. time consuming and expensive but am so happy that it worked. over the years, i have increasingly lost confidence in my cooking abilities and, as a result, i eat far too much bread. fingers crossed i can start making changes.
    on other news, I may have a new client. A meeting has been set up for friday so fingers crossed that comes to something. also, I took the bull by the horns and have an item being bought and collected tomorrow at 9:30. Not only will it give me £50 but frees up space and, even getting it moved, revealed an item to be dumped.
    I also got some houseworkey things done today which helps. i did watch my liquid intake today and consumed the right amount. i really think this hits my energy levels so need to be mindful of this.
    Today I am grateful for
    a call from dd
    positive responses
    opportunities
    being able to help someone
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    INOD, you are takings so many steps in the right direction it's inspiring.

Good luck with the business meeting on Friday. I will keep my fingers crossed for you.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback