A whole new world, for now

Options

Comments

• Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,201 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    You okay, Beanie?
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons, dress 7 coupons = 12/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,578 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    You okay, Beanie?

Yes, thanks.
    A tad stressed so sugar intake seriously off the scale:eek::rotfl:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,201 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Oops. :) Sugar makes such enticing promises of better things to come. :) Glad you're okay.
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons, dress 7 coupons = 12/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    yeah, like diabetes! seriously folks, if you can head this off, do as living with it without being in control is not good
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 8lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Today after des patching OH to London, I managed to lock myself out of the house. Took a while to locate someone with a spare key. I also purchased two vouchers then left them with the retailer. On the plus side, I managed to work the tin opener so had tuna baps for dinner. I have arthritis in some of my fingers so using a tin opener is always a gamble. Tomorrow I'm aiming for a car free day. It won't be spend free as I left something off today's shopping list that I will need as I'm baking tomorrow.
    Today I spent £29 in the locally based supermarket and got £5 off my next £25 spend. I noticed they have fabric conditioner at half price so next week's shop will be around that. Today I got butter that was 25% off. I can't believe how much that particular thing has skyrocketed in price. Anyhow, I'm going to have an early night tonight. Today I am grateful for
    The transport that allowed me to access a spare key
    The honesty of a retailer
    Fresh bread from a local bakery.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 8lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Options
    INOD - I gave 2 replies to your query on my thread - this is the second response, which might be easier to achieve than my first suggestions;

Man alive - how is my brain wired? I get ready for bed, clean me teeth, kiss the baby night, night, switch the light off, get under the covers, and........ BING!

GINGER MARMALADE springs into my concious mind.

INOD - do any of your supermercados sell Ginger marmalade - or ginger conserve/Jam?

I'm going back to bed now...... Night All :cool:

Greying X

A quick look online shows T1ptree as a producer of it, and mrS does a version too. Realise that this may not transpire as being stocked in your neck of the woods, but just a thought........Might work as a direct substitution - depending on the nature of what it is you're making that needs stem ginger.Greying X
    Pounds for Panes £3,005/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (May) -  £1/£15  (Camping TTD - £75/90)

Grocery spend May £150.88/215
    Non-food household spend May £24.01/30
    Bulk Fund May 0/£15

Knitted items for charity 1/24 (inc. Blankets 1/6)
  • beanielou
    Options
    Buy an electric tin opener.
    Best investment over.
    'tis funny as my cat arrives when it whirs as it normally for him :rotfl:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Oh beanie, a wonderful suggestion. I just wish that I could see it as something other than giving in. No idea what I think is a reasonable alternative! Ok so today I will make fudge, bake apple loaves and try a new recipe for carrot cake. After this, I will clean at least one oven and use the lemon from which I need the peel, to de fumigate it. I know there are other uses I could put it to but I will chop it up into a bowl of water and heat in the oven to get rid of any cleaning stuff smells.

Yesterday, OH and I have agreed a timeline for a major project for us that will have lots of little offshoots. All to be in place by March of next year. It will also have outlay so this will crystallise my business targets. My daughter rather cheekily bought me a list book a year or so ago. I've always shied away as I thought it too good for everyday. This will be utilised and will become my bible for the next however many months. For me, life will truly restart at 50.
  • beanielou
    Options
    It is not giving in. Really.. :naughty:

• in_need_of_direction
    Options
    i know. wish i hadn't mastered the tin opener today. i did i now have a batch of burnt fudge to dispose of. not happy!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback