Don't be scammed like me

Options

Comments

• daytona0
    daytona0 Posts: 2,358 Forumite
    Options
    Sicard wrote: »
    I usually find that people who call others idiots are merely using the psychological phenominum of 'projection', that they unconsciously think of themselves as idiots having been called stupid at a tender age which then sinks deeply into their psyche and to make themselves feel better about themselves they dump these feelings on others.
    When you judge others, you do not define them, you define yourself.
    Earl Nightingale

I would agree with Earl Nightingale in that you've done a pretty good job in defining yourself, and not others :)
  • Sicard
    Sicard Posts: 851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    daytona0 wrote: »
    I would agree with Earl Nightingale in that you've done a pretty good job in defining yourself, and not others :)

Thanks, I love you too :heartpuls
    You know what uranium is, right? It's this thing called nuclear weapons. And other things. Like lots of things are done with uranium. Including some bad things.
    Donald Trump, Press Conference, February 16, 2017

• professor~yaffle
    Options
    Saw this on the health and beauty board. £2K for some photos? Seriously, who has even got that kind of money?! Vulnerable, no, gullible, yes.

Of course it could just be a wind-up post (OP hasn't returned, I see) in which case perhaps we're the gullible ones for answering :D
  • Gleeful
    Gleeful Posts: 1,979 Forumite
    Options
    Saw this on the health and beauty board. £2K for some photos? Seriously, who has even got that kind of money?! Vulnerable, no, gullible, yes.

Of course it could just be a wind-up post (OP hasn't returned, I see) in which case perhaps we're the gullible ones for answering :D

It won't be a wind up. They have high pressure sales.
  • PKPK_2
    PKPK_2 Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you for your comment about sales pressure. Firstly, just to clarify, it was Six Models that I googled for the modelling prospects, who then organised the photo shoot with Mac studios. My daughter was short listed for the photo shoot so you can imagine how happy we were and told to bring btw 5-6 outfits. After the 3 hours of photos shoot, during the assessment with Mac studios the sales person started discussing some of their personal stuff which we could relate to hence making us fill we had some common grounds. She then told us that majority of the photos taken were suitable for my daughter’s portfolio and she was really surprised that my daughter was so professional without any previous experience in modelling. She said they only gave positive feedback to roughly 10% of the clients that walk through their door monthly.

(the next text is from Six Models

My name is Jake and I am the one who will be helping you in regard to linking ......with agencies. Hope this email finds you well!

Her portfolio looks absolutely amazing! She looks phenomenal!

She had the greatest feedback from your assessor over from MAC that day! So very well done!

I particularly love her location shoots.
    Even most experienced models find difficulty shooting in public but she is a pro!
    You should all be so super proud!
    Did she enjoy the shoot?
    Kind regards,

Jake )

Getting those types of comments left us speechless therefore I just wanted like any other parents the best for my child.
  • lovinituk
    lovinituk Posts: 5,711 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    They had you hook line and sinker but they didn't promise you anything they didn't deliver.

Don't be so gullible next time.
  • roddydogs
    roddydogs Posts: 7,478 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hasn't the "Scam studio" been done to death on progs such as "Watchdog", I'm amazed people still fall for it.
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    edited 24 April 2017 at 12:08PM
    Options
    Six models , this company's London offices are actually virtual offices.
    It's always useful to do a google search for words like "scam" " reviews" and look at whether a company changes its address a lot.. or see if they are hiding their domain behind a po box ( as six models is)

See
    https://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20161108113203AAFmsN6
  • hollydays
    edited 24 April 2017 at 10:52AM
    Options
    The gentleman in question
    Orange models was another of his companies previously apple models and metro photography)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3625360/They-told-going-Kendall-Jenner-Wannabe-models-tricked-paying-3-000-portfolios-rogue-agencies-promise-make-stars-leave-just-CD-pictures.html

"'A lady sitting next to me... (no way, shape or form would she be a model EVER) told me the exact same story as what I was spun about my 10-year-old YES 10 YEARS OF AGE, they are even doing this to innocent kids!
    'The lady word for word told me the exact same yarn that I had been spun although [I was] already doubtful "
  • hollydays
    edited 24 April 2017 at 11:57AM
    Options
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts