Debate House Prices

In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non MoneySaving matters are no longer permitted. This includes wider debates about general house prices, the economy and politics. As a result, we have taken the decision to keep this board permanently closed, but it remains viewable for users who may find some useful information in it. Thank you for your understanding.

the snap general election thread

Options

Comments

• masterwilde
    masterwilde Posts: 270 Forumite
    Options
    mr ginge its based on facts lol.

feel free to try and argue it though....it will be interesting
  • steampowered
    steampowered Posts: 6,176 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    setmefree2 wrote: »
    Is this still the LP position.

The LP manifesto says as follows:

"The UK has the world’s oldest nuclear industry, and nuclear will continue to be part of the energy supply. We will support further nuclear projects and protect nuclear workers’ jobs and pensions. There are considerable opportunities for nuclear power and decommissioning both internationally and domestically."

I take that to be broadly supportive of nuclear although it is very vague. Nothing specific on Hinkley point.
  • A_Medium_Size_Jock
    Options
    gfplux wrote: »
    Get a grip. Not my photos.
    You did however choose to post a photograph which says "Islamist extremism is a real threat to our way of life" and "Act now before we see an Orlando-style atrocity here ........" less than two weeks after the Manchester Arena bombing.
    IMHO that is in very bad taste considering the very sad events of Monday 22nd May.

The attacker was indeed a Muslim extremist, one who had it seems recently returned from Libya via Dusseldorf BTW.
  • A_Medium_Size_Jock
    Options
    gfplux wrote: »
    Thank you, my point proven.
    How exactly?
  • Moby
    Moby Posts: 3,916 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Guardian:-The former Labour cabinet minister Alan Johnson now believes Jeremy Corbyn has “a realistic chance of winning” next week’s general election. Just six weeks ago Johnson was interviewed by the Guardian’s Simon Hattenstone and said the opposite. He has also previously called Corbyn “useless”, “incompetent” and “incapable”. Speaking at the Hay literary festival in Wales, Johnson said: “It is just amazing how things have gone since that interview [with Hattenstone]. Theresa May and the Conservatives committed that cardinal sin of taking the public for granted.” May has made three big mistakes, Johnson said. Calling the election in the first place, only two years after fixed term parliaments were agreed. “People don’t like that, they don’t like being taken to the polls when there is no obvious need.” The U-turn on having a cap on adult social care. Johnson said he thought he was responsible for the fastest U-turn in recent political history when, in 2006, he was education secretary and changed his mind on forcing faith schools to take more pupils of different faiths. “That took five days … this was within a day!” May’s refusal to take part in the live TV debate. “On top of the other two, suddenly we’re not in strength and stability, we’re in to weakness and instability.” Asked if he had been wrong about Corbyn, Johnson said: “Maybe. It was always about is he capable of leading us into government? Was I wrong about that … maybe. I hope so.” Johnson said something was clearly happening out in the country and if it continued “there could well be a Labour government”. Alan Johnson.
  • mayonnaise
    mayonnaise Posts: 3,690 Forumite
    Options
    I removed your photographs.
    I find especially the last one to be in extremely bad taste given occurrences here this week.
    Shame on you.
    Yes, extremely bad taste from the Leave.eu campaign to link EU membership to terrorist threat as 'our' terrorists seem to be without fail British Citizens.
    Don't blame me, I voted Remain.
  • mrginge
    mrginge Posts: 4,843 Forumite
    Options
    mr ginge its based on facts lol.

feel free to try and argue it though....it will be interesting

No no, I think we can all agree that the BOE can print as much money as they want and the govt can !!!! it away in every direction.

One wonders why every country in the world isn't pulling this fantastic trick off though. Can you enlighten us oh great sage?
  • wotsthat
    wotsthat Posts: 11,325 Forumite
    Options
    You did however choose to post a photograph which says "Islamist extremism is a real threat to our way of life" and "Act now before we see an Orlando-style atrocity here ........" less than two weeks after the Manchester Arena bombing.
    IMHO that is in very bad taste considering the very sad events of Monday 22nd May.

The attacker was indeed a Muslim extremist, one who had it seems recently returned from Libya via Dusseldorf BTW.

Not everyone could get away that deft moral condemnation of posting the poster whilst pointing out how accurate it is. Most people would see that as a lack of self awareness but I think you pulled it off. Nice one.
  • StevieJ
    StevieJ Posts: 20,174 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Conrad wrote: »
    So the Tories lifting millions of low paid out of tax is what, a nothing?

Any fool can promise easy fixes and pennies from heaven, it's just a shame so many fall for it.

The same people who fell for last June 23rd :-) I think they call it populism now don't they?
    'Just think for a moment what a prospect that is. A single market without barriers visible or invisible giving you direct and unhindered access to the purchasing power of over 300 million of the worlds wealthiest and most prosperous people' Margaret Thatcher
  • masterwilde
    masterwilde Posts: 270 Forumite
    Options
    and yet all the vocal torie supporters on here go on at labour for a debt based plan when the tories do the exact same.

and before you say tories do to a lower amount... you cant say that as there is no basis for this
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure