Debate House Prices

In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non MoneySaving matters are no longer permitted. This includes wider debates about general house prices, the economy and politics. As a result, we have taken the decision to keep this board permanently closed, but it remains viewable for users who may find some useful information in it. Thank you for your understanding.

the snap general election thread

Options

Comments

• setmefree2
    setmefree2 Posts: 9,072 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 2 June 2017 at 3:17PM
    Options
    Does anyone understand the LP or SNP's position on Hinkley?
    Party insiders say that he finally supported the new plant at Hinkley Point only after GMB and Unite pressure.

Is this still the LP position.

All you Nats :- D - do you know the SNP's position?
  • A_Medium_Size_Jock
    A_Medium_Size_Jock Posts: 3,216 Forumite
    edited 2 June 2017 at 4:23PM
    Options
    gfplux wrote: »
    Enough please.
    Anyone who spent anytime thinking and talking about Brexit BEFORE the referendum must be living under a rock if they were NOT aware of the BIG RED BUS with the slogan painted on the side
    "We send the EU £350 a week let's fund the NHS instead vote leave"
    Boris Johnson toured the country in it together with a number of high profile Brexit people including Farage.
    It was on the news and written about on numerous occasions.
    Anyone who did not think it had an impact probably believes that advertising does not influence their buying habits.
    "The Red Bus" will be a case study in business schools for years to come.
    Enough please indeed.

Anyone who thinks for one mad moment that the bus you describe convinced more people to vote leave than say the propagandist efforts and threats of so many EU (and world) leaders is delusional.
    Honestly, it's migrants; laws; sovereignty .............. all wrong.
    The reason so many voted for Brexit was I suspect a mixture of many reasons, but certainly not just one.

And anyone thinking that bus had a big impact probably believes that advertising is king and influences every area of life.
    *News flash* - it doesn't.
    I have never purchased a sofa from any of the advertisers who bombard us here during every advertising break; I find meerkats mildly amusing but have never EVER bought any product as a result, nor have I as a result of twerking short-clad males; and I would never ever buy either Coca-Cola nor Pepsi through choice, much less as the result of advertising.

Oh and the bus was no different to many advertising campaigns that use (for example) "up to 95% Off" or "from only £999-95". ;)
    I'm not agreeing with it or condoning it BTW.
    Just saying it how I see it.
  • masterwilde
    masterwilde Posts: 270 Forumite
    Options
    setmefree2 wrote: »
    Repetition.

You've posted this rubbish before. And I answered.

Are you starting to feel guilty by any chance? About the massive amount of debt your party is going to get us in to ???

LMAO not at all, you fail to recognise by a long way that the Tories also create the debt.

You also miss the point that the BOE can easily fund alot of the projects, hence the money is not hard to get
  • A_Medium_Size_Jock
    Options
    gfplux wrote: »
    Thank you, thank you. I am in catch up mode 4 or 5 pages behind and thought the "honestly never heard or never saw" during the Brexit campaign" clap trap would go un challenged.

I removed your photographs.
    I find especially the last one to be in extremely bad taste given occurrences here this week.
    Shame on you.
  • gfplux
    gfplux Posts: 4,985 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Hung up my suit!
    Options
    I'm retired and a higher rate tax payer. In my spare time I work voluntarily with adults who have physical or learning difficulties. Believe me when I say that working in this capacity has been 'an eye-opener'. The struggle some people have to endure on a day-to-day basis is unbelievable. The 'austerity' cuts have hit many extremely vulnerable people exceedingly hard and I would challenge anyone to say that this is acceptable.
    I genuinely believe that the 'average' labour voter wants to see a fairer society. They want to live in a world where life is no longer a matter of struggling to survive. Of course they do!

Thank you for that insite. I am in a similar position to you.
    What a Tory victory will tell us is -
    That the well off are happy to vote Tory to protect their assets
    And
    The working class, the not so well off, the just getting by are strangely not selfish enough to vote Labour.

I find the second group less easy to understand.
    There will be no Brexit dividend for Britain.
  • gfplux
    Options
    Agreed. The vulnerable and needy in society need to be properly cared for. Also the police force actually has to serve the public. At the moment they are "too busy" to bother responding to robberies in progress, arson attacks or violent incidents in progress.

http://www.itv.com/news/2016-05-23/police-told-businessman-were-too-busy-to-help-when-he-could-see-his-office-being-burgled-live-on-cctv/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3827728/Arson-evidence-police-tell-fire-crews-Force-claims-busy-attend-couple-s-home-petrol-bombed-slept.html

God help you if you need an urgent operation on the NHS. These cuts are savage and unacceptable for any decent country. Yet the Torys keep making them deeper and deeper whilst at the same trying to bring back fox hunting. Weak and wobbly May has made a huge error of judgement taking us all for granted.

When it come to the NHS many who would speak up to support it are shielded from much of the cost cutting as they have private health insurance.
    The numbers having this private healt insurance might only number in the low 100 thousands but many are the movers and shakers who faced with a system not performing would shout AND be listened to.
  • gfplux
    Options
    BobQ wrote: »
    David Davis is on QT smirking his way through as Clegg puts statistics to him which Davis fails to even deny. Smirking, what a way to treat the electorate.

He's going to smirk To get Britain a "great" deal.
  • gfplux
    Options
    Enough please indeed.

Anyone who thinks for one mad moment that the bus you describe convinced more people to vote leave than say the propagandist efforts and threats of so many EU (and world) leaders is delusional.
    Honestly, it's migrants; laws; sovereignty .............. all wrong.
    The reason so many voted for Brexit was I suspect a mixture of many reasons, but certainly not just one.

And anyone thinking that bus had a big impact probable believes that advertising is king and influences every area of life.
    *News flash* - it doesn't.
    I have never purchased a sofa from any of the advertisers who bombard us here during every advertising break; I find meerkats mildly amusing but have never EVER bought any product as a result, nor have I as a result of twerking short-clad males; and I would never ever buy either Coca-Cola nor Pepsi through choice, much less as the result of advertising.

Oh and the bus was no different to many advertising campaigns that use (for example) "up to 95% Off" or "from only £999-95". ;)
    I'm not agreeing with it or condoning it BTW.
    Just saying it how I see it.

Thank you, my point proven.
  • gfplux
    Options
    I removed your photographs.
    I find especially the last one to be in extremely bad taste given occurrences here this week.
    Shame on you.

Get a grip. Not my photos.
  • mrginge
    mrginge Posts: 4,843 Forumite
    Options
    LMAO not at all, you fail to recognise by a long way that the Tories also create the debt.

You also miss the point that the BOE can easily fund alot of the projects, hence the money is not hard to get

You need to lay off the weed.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport