Banks that offer gender neutral titles

Options

Comments

• John-K_3
    John-K_3 Posts: 681 Forumite
    Options
    Gers wrote: »
    You are both assuming I don't already use Ms.

Was just saying that I hate being defined by marital status when men aren't.
    But Ms does not define you by your marital status, so it is not clear what you are not happy about here. You are not defined by your status, and men are not. That is equality surely.
  • tenchy
    tenchy Posts: 486 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    In my not inconsiderable experience, the vast majority of women are more than happy, indeed proud, to be defined by their marital status, and indeed to take their husband's name.
  • Samsung_Note2
    Options
    What a world we live in where men and women feel uncomfortable being called a man or a woman or Mr or Mrs.

My Grandfather just before he died said he regretted fighting for his country (he was late 80"s) as he couldn't believe what it has become and more worryingly what its becoming with all this Gender neutral nonsense.

He wasn't some narrow minded bigot either people thats suggested..as an POW of the Japanese he had a very much live and let attitude,however this snowflake lets all be equal neutral was too much.

What wrong with Mr - Mrs...Sir - Madam...worlds lost the plot.
  • bugslet
    bugslet Posts: 6,874 Forumite
    Options
    tenchy wrote: »
    In my not inconsiderable experience, the vast majority of women are more than happy, indeed proud, to be defined by their marital status, and indeed to take their husband's name.

I'm the reverse (I don't mind being a minority:D), but I've declined marriage simply because I've never wanted it. And in the remote chance that I did marry, for the usual reason that women give for not taking their husbands name, I wouldn't want to have to change the name on my trucks;).

Can call me Miss or Ms, not bothered, I do correct mostly if someone says Mrs, but don't make a thing of it. I also answer to Oi, you, so I'm pretty easy going.
  • Mojisola
    Mojisola Posts: 35,557 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    What a world we live in where men and women feel uncomfortable being called a man or a woman or Mr or Mrs.

My Grandfather just before he died said he regretted fighting for his country (he was late 80"s) as he couldn't believe what it has become and more worryingly what its becoming with all this Gender neutral nonsense.

Mr and Mrs aren't gender neutral titles. Mr means an adult man; Mrs means a married woman, not just an adult woman.

I don't see why women should be expected to declare their marital status whenever they give their name.

I have used Ms as a title since the 1970s but its use goes back many years before that.

If all adult women were known as Mrs, I'd be happy to be called that.

Master - boys, Mr - adult men.
    Miss - girls, Mrs - adult women.
  • Archi_Bald
    Archi_Bald Posts: 9,681 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'd like to be called Pirate Archi Bald. Will they accept this?
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,174 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options

He wasn't some narrow minded bigot either people thats suggested..as an POW of the Japanese he had a very much live and let attitude,however this snowflake lets all be equal neutral was too much.

Top and tail that with some other reactionary cliches ("it's political correctness gone mad" seems an obvious omission) and send it to the Daily Mail, it'll probably make Letter of the Week....
  • Herbalus
    Herbalus Posts: 2,634 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Archi_Bald wrote: »
    I'd like to be called Pirate Archi Bald. Will they accept this?

Do you have a boat?
  • xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 44,476 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    "The title's M....M Bond"

M seems to cover all circumstances - Mr/Mrs/Master/Miss/Midway between......:rotfl:
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,175 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options

Sounds like he was brain washed by the Daily Mail & Co.

Wondering if he was the same old bloke in the local independent motor factors once when I asked for Bosch spark plugs, he ranted on about how they are German and bad and that they went to war and stuff and that I shouldn't buy Bosch spark plugs. :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure