I've quit everything. Now what ?

Options

Comments

• another_casualty
    another_casualty Posts: 6,506 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Well, after mulling it over I have decided to get carpet fitted next Monday .
    That gives me seven days technically to get everything done .
    Weds,,I have to wait for a delivery , and Thursday I have delivery of all my furniture from beales .
    I then have to give a weeks notice to big yellow storage .
    I may have to give notice to big yellow this week as.in 2 Mondays time it will be bank holiday Monday .
    Things are moving
  • Debsnewbudget
    Debsnewbudget Posts: 741 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Can you not organise big yellow to come the same day as the delivery from Beales then you can get everything in the right place all together ?
    Saves a weeks storage costs as well
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,599 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Personally I would wait until the carpets were fitted before getting anything delivered. Each room is going to have to be cleared for the carpet fitters.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • another_casualty
    Options
    Can you not organise big yellow to come the same day as the delivery from Beales then you can get everything in the right place all together ?
    Saves a weeks storage costs as well

I have to give a weeks notice to big yellow, so thats not possible unfortunately :(
  • another_casualty
    Options
    Personally I would wait until the carpets were fitted before getting anything delivered. Each room is going to have to be cleared for the carpet fitters.

Ive delayed delivery on 2 occasions with beales. I also had to change the type of washing machine i have being delivered.
    So, its best to leave the thursday delivery as is .
    Ill stick everything in the bathroom for a couple of days until the carpet is fitted .
  • JustAboutThere
    Options
    Currently in St Petersburg. Fab.
    Seeing as I'm in Mother Russia today, I'll skip the G&T and go for Vodka......:D

If you're still in Leningrad - as it was when I visited - and you haven't already been there, try and see St. Isaac's Cathedral. Great columns of malachite and lazurite. Stunning!

The Russians don't do anything on a small scale.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Isaac%27s_Cathedral

Enjoy yourself.
  • Debsnewbudget
    Options
    Re Beales
    You are not inconveniencing anyone by asking if they can change the delivery date
    It will not be loaded until the morning
    The worst that can happen is they say no
    The best result is the furniture arrives and the delivery staff put it in the right place on top of the new carpet rather than you having to try and move it yourself from the bathroom and damaging your new paintwork
    Go on, ask, what have you got to lose ?
  • another_casualty
    Options
    Thanks debs. I'm mulling it over .
    Absolutely no sleep last night. When I eventually did get out of the bed I was stiff as a board. Still I managed to give the living room it's first coat.
    The bedroom came out pretty well this morning.
    There will be a bit of touching up to do , but nothing too bad.

Just got a letter from Vodafone regarding my broadband
    They messed things up. I received a bog standard letter as I am being treated as a new customer . This means charges etc
    I don't need a new route r . If things don't go well I will leave their broadband . I can't leave the mobile side as I've been given a good deal on that . Annoying
  • another_casualty
    another_casualty Posts: 6,506 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Just got back and have decided to give beales a call .
    Result.! Getting my furniture delivered Thursday week .
    Breathing space
    Thanks again debs .:)
    Now to tackle Vodafone ..
  • Debsnewbudget
    Debsnewbudget Posts: 741 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Just got back and have decided to give beales a call .
    Result.! Getting my furniture delivered Thursday week .
    Breathing space
    Thanks again debs .:)
    Now to tackle Vodafone ..

Excellent
    You go get 'em :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts