I've quit everything. Now what ?

Options

Comments

• Debsnewbudget
    Debsnewbudget Posts: 742 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Just got back and have decided to give beales a call .
    Result.! Getting my furniture delivered Thursday week .
    Breathing space
    Thanks again debs .:)
    Now to tackle Vodafone ..

Excellent
    You go get 'em :rotfl:

And while you are on a roll phone big yellow and arrange a deliverey for the same Thursday
    (Yes I am a coach and like to hold you accountable :))
  • dreaming
    dreaming Posts: 1,139 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ooh-ooh-ooh! I'm getting a tad excited on your behalf now AC (smilies don't seem to be working for me but imagine the jumping up and down one here!). Just a couple of weeks to go - what a journey eh?
    You definitely need Debsnewbudget to give you a few lessons in assertiveness. With the amount of money you have spent in Beale's I should think they would only be to pleased to accommodate you delivery-wise. I think we talked before about being the youngest in a family and how it can make you tend to not want to put your views across as we tend to get ignored or laughed at, or told what to do. I thought it went away as you got older but at a recent family do (cousin's funeral unfortunately) my brother questioned whether I should have a second (small) glass of wine, and as the other cousins reminisced they kept telling me that I wouldn't remember things as I was "too young". I was surprised they didn't send me off to sit the children's table! (I am the youngest of all the cousin's generation but the next one is only two and a half years older).
    Anyway, get that painting done and then have a couple of days off AC ready for the big day. I'm still sewing my quilt and realise that I probably (definitely) need to book an eye test but I shall be popping on here to keep an eye on your progress.
  • another_casualty
    another_casualty Posts: 6,506 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Excellent
    You go get 'em :rotfl:

And while you are on a roll phone big yellow and arrange a deliverey for the same Thursday
    (Yes I am a coach and like to hold you accountable :))

Thanks coach:)
    Actually, regarding big yellow: would they deliver my belongings?
    I was under the impression that I would have to get a man and van etc. I'll call them and give notice for next Thursday :)
  • another_casualty
    Options
    dreaming wrote: »
    Ooh-ooh-ooh! I'm getting a tad excited on your behalf now AC (smilies don't seem to be working for me but imagine the jumping up and down one here!). Just a couple of weeks to go - what a journey eh?
    You definitely need Debsnewbudget to give you a few lessons in assertiveness. With the amount of money you have spent in Beale's I should think they would only be to pleased to accommodate you delivery-wise. I think we talked before about being the youngest in a family and how it can make you tend to not want to put your views across as we tend to get ignored or laughed at, or told what to do. I thought it went away as you got older but at a recent family do (cousin's funeral unfortunately) my brother questioned whether I should have a second (small) glass of wine, and as the other cousins reminisced they kept telling me that I wouldn't remember things as I was "too young". I was surprised they didn't send me off to sit the children's table! (I am the youngest of all the cousin's generation but the next one is only two and a half years older).
    Anyway, get that painting done and then have a couple of days off AC ready for the big day. I'm still sewing my quilt and realise that I probably (definitely) need to book an eye test but I shall be popping on here to keep an eye on your progress.

Thanks dreaming :)
    Yes, I probably told you I'm the youngest also. When it comes to funerals etc I know my place and just go with it . Good luck with the eye test . Will be keeping an eye out also:)
    I think the issue I had with beales was that , this is the 3rd time I've changed delivery date . A good pattern seems to be emerging toch wood :)
  • another_casualty
    Options
    So , spoke to Vodafone . It was a bog standard letter I received from them . I will only pay £1 extra charges. I have a feeling I will receive another router.

I've just purchased via qvc online an inflatable bed for guests.
    Looks brilliant , and takes care of things regarding guests.
    Check the video out on the qvc app.
    It needs to be plugged into the mains . This enables it to be inflated/ deflated at the touch of a button . It means I don't have to think about anything extravagant and costly.

Plan now : paint tomorrow / Thursday . That should be all finished .
    Carpet ..Monday a m . James on Tuesday . Furniture delivered Thursday . Blind installation ..still waiting . Need to order wardrobes/ shelving / M!dia unit etc.
    I may have overlooked something , so I'll leave it there :)
  • anna_1977
    anna_1977 Posts: 862 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi AC,
    I've come back from a weekend away (the big 4-0 was on saturday :eek:)

I'm mortified you've spent £950 on blinds! I'm sorry, I know others have said it but you could have probably got them for £100 all in and then potentially paid James a few quid to put them up!

Apart from that hope the painting is going well!
  • another_casualty
    Options
    anna_1977 wrote: »
    Hi AC,

I'm mortified you've spent £950 on blinds! I'm sorry, I know others have said it but you could have probably got them for £100 all in and then potentially paid James a few quid to put them up!

Hello Anna :)
    4-0 . There were a couple of those scores. West Ham ? Hull ?
    Michael Jackson was a West Ham fan .
    I was talking to James about the blinds , and he thinks I did the right thing . Still, I've done it now . Painting should continue shortly :)
  • anna_1977
    anna_1977 Posts: 862 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello Anna :)
    4-0 . There were a couple of those scores. West Ham ? Hull ?
    Michael Jackson was a West Ham fan .
    I was talking to James about the blinds , and he thinks I did the right thing . Still, I've done it now . Painting should continue shortly :)

never watched a football game in my life, live or on TV so I'll take your word for it :p:p
  • another_casualty
    Options
    never watched a football game in my life, live or on TV so I'll take your word for it :p:p

You've done well. I used to love football , but as it is a corporate event these days I don't bother much . I'm just about to assess the situation in the flat
  • another_casualty
    Options
    Hi AC,

Oh my god! Happy birthday :) ( a bit late) I was half asleep when I saw this . There's me thinking you were talking about football .
    Doh! :rotfl:
    Hope it went well .
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family