I've quit everything. Now what ?

Options

Comments

• Dansmam
    Dansmam Posts: 677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi AC - casual stalker seeing great progress on here 👏. Just my impression but you seem to be an all or nothing kind of guy. Sofa (or balcony?!) to gym in the blink of an eye. I second the vote for slow but steady, walking and getting fitter plus getting to know the place before hitting the gym. But you'll know what works best for you. Oh, but I love a Dyson, me (any problems there's a you tube video that fixes it) 😜
    I have borrowed from my future self
    The banks are not our friends
  • another_casualty
    another_casualty Posts: 6,506 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thanks dansnam :)
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    ALl My Bags are Packed I'm Ready to Go...........

See you all in a couple of weeks.

AC - Hope the renovations continue to go well. Soon be done now.
  • dreaming
    dreaming Posts: 1,139 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options

Have a great holibobs LL - it might even be warm when you return.

AC - hope you had a good time the other night, although I see you suffered a bit the next day. Been there, done that - hope to do it again some day. There's nothing wrong with a little splurge now and then - be it money, food or wine, women (well men in my case) and song. It's only when it becomes routine that it becomes a problem and I have noticed that you seem more willing to pull back when it seems to be getting out of control. I have just come back from a bit of a spending spree on sewing/craft items, and stuff for the garden. It seems a lot when I add up what I've spent today but I probably won't buy anything now for some time and I will get a lot of pleasure from it. Plus I actually have a budget for these items so money gets put away (on my spreadsheet) each month. It looks a little bit in debit at the moment but will get caught up in the next couple of months, plus the amount I had budgetted for car service/MOT was more than it cost so I have squirrelled that difference away for emergencies. It is actually all in 4 accounts to maximise interest but on the spreadsheet it is allocated so I know exactly what I have to play with... My love of spreadsheets has become known and one of the groups I attend has asked me to set something up for them so they can manage their cash, as they never seem to know what's in the kitty, or should be in there. So that's me set for the week - a bit of knitting, a bit of sewing, a bit of gardening and a bit of playing on the pooter and a bit of reading. A bit of housework and cooking might get slotted in somewhere as well.

Hope the kitchen goes as well as the bathroom - have a great week.
  • another_casualty
    Options

Have a great time LL :)
  • another_casualty
    Options
    dreaming wrote: »
    Have a great holibobs LL - it might even be warm when you return.

AC - hope you had a good time the other night, although I see you suffered a bit the next day. Been there, done that - hope to do it again some day. There's nothing wrong with a little splurge now and then - be it money, food or wine, women (well men in my case) and song. It's only when it becomes routine that it becomes a problem and I have noticed that you seem more willing to pull back when it seems to be getting out of control. I have just come back from a bit of a spending spree on sewing/craft items, and stuff for the garden. It seems a lot when I add up what I've spent today but I probably won't buy anything now for some time and I will get a lot of pleasure from it. Plus I actually have a budget for these items so money gets put away (on my spreadsheet) each month. It looks a little bit in debit at the moment but will get caught up in the next couple of months, plus the amount I had budgetted for car service/MOT was more than it cost so I have squirrelled that difference away for emergencies. It is actually all in 4 accounts to maximise interest but on the spreadsheet it is allocated so I know exactly what I have to play with... My love of spreadsheets has become known and one of the groups I attend has asked me to set something up for them so they can manage their cash, as they never seem to know what's in the kitty, or should be in there. So that's me set for the week - a bit of knitting, a bit of sewing, a bit of gardening and a bit of playing on the pooter and a bit of reading. A bit of housework and cooking might get slotted in somewhere as well.

Hope the kitchen goes as well as the bathroom - have a great week.

Cheers dreaming . :)
    Yes, I think,you're right . I tend do tend to pull back .
    It's just a flurry I had last week. What's done is done . There are other bitsto get , but after 3 weeks , nothing .
    I think in 3 weeks time my lists etc. Will have started .
  • another_casualty
    Options
    Cost for bathroom £4,975 .
  • another_casualty
    Options
    One thing I did do hastily, was to get a washing machine ordered rather than a washer / dryer. Think I'll change that if possible.
    The delivery date is for Thursday . If I can put delivery back till the following week, that would be good also
  • harz99
    harz99 Posts: 3,648 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    One thing I did do hastily, was to get a washing machine ordered rather than a washer / dryer. Think I'll change that if possible.
    The delivery date is for Thursday . If I can put delivery back till the following week, that would be good also

AC, that's one area where I can give you a recommendation from experience:

Hotpoint Aquarius WDF740P Front-Loading Electric Washer/Dryer - 7 kg/5 kg

No need to spend a fortune, we have this and works well for us (two years old now).
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,700 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    When you live in a flat AC having a washer dryer is a good idea. Putting a clothes horse up in your spare room though is more energy efficient and leads to cheaper energy bills ;) Having the dryer there as an option though for softer towels, if you have a few loads or for bedding is essential I am told by my daughter who lives in a flat. I use the clothes line, banisters, clothes horse in spare room and ultimately tumble dryer in that order so only use dryer if no other choice.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure