I've quit everything. Now what ?

Options

Comments

• another_casualty
    another_casualty Posts: 6,506 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    gallygirl wrote: »
    I've paid £4,150 for the btl bathroom. We supplied the tiles and did not have any work on joists so sounds relatively comparable. Glad you're pleased with it :).

Hi Gally :)

TBH , I think it's a very good deal and I seem to have struck lucky with james .
    He never charged me for disposal of old bathroom. Plus I chose fairly expensive tiling and flooring . He's even talking about disposing of my old carpet . On top of that , for the area I live , I think it's good value:)
  • another_casualty
    Options
    Just received a nice email, from a lady who used to work at my last place . Just gave her a brief catch-up. Nice lady for a tax person :)
  • another_casualty
    edited 9 May 2017 at 2:12PM
    Options
    anna_1977 wrote: »
    Hey AC
    Hope you're pleased with the bathroom - isn't it lovely to walk into everything fresh and new. No comment on the price, mine was cheaper but I knew the tradesmen so that helps :)

Any thoughts on your stereo system from your other thread. I saw you were looking at a £2k one :eek::eek:

Helloooo Anna:)
    You were not supposed to see that ! :)
    I do have an explanation tho: I'm trying to be compact and. Obviously want the place to look immaculate . If I got this, I wouldn't have to buy a cabinet for stereo or TV ( attachment cost extra)
    Everything would be in place . I could forget about it .
    I have a separate systym that hasn't got wifi/ Bluetooth etc
    This has got everything . If I can knock a few thousand off my dmp, this would be my reward .
    You'll have to look at the one I'm talking about via google
    My bathroom ? See above :)
  • anna_1977
    anna_1977 Posts: 862 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    what did you decide on in the kitchen in the end, sorry I lost track

i'll have a little google now :p

I'm an absolute sucker for gadgets and the last 18 months (skint months) has been frustrating not being able to update and buy new stuff - BUT I have been very good and refrained from even looking - part of the reason I got myself in my financial mess :rotfl:

Enjoy what you buy
  • another_casualty
    Options
    anna_1977 wrote: »
    what did you decide on in the kitchen in the end, sorry I lost track

i'll have a little google now :p

I'm an absolute sucker for gadgets and the last 18 months (skint months) has been frustrating not being able to update and buy new stuff - BUT I have been very good and refrained from even looking - part of the reason I got myself in my financial mess :rotfl:

Enjoy what you buy

Let me know your honest opinion, when you see it .
    Kitchen : new worktop / sink / tap . All done by James .
    Keeping cupboards after all . Lime green flooring ( next step up from limo) . I have to paint it white . Job done .
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,619 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    A 2k stereo system!!!! I just bought a compact bluetooth speaker which works with my ipod and ipad for £140. You can get them even cheaper than that.

Please pay off your payplan soon AC or I seriously doubt you will have any money left.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • another_casualty
    Options
    A 2k stereo system!!!! I just bought a compact bluetooth speaker which works with my ipod and ipad for £140. You can get them even cheaper than that.

Please pay off your payplan soon AC or I seriously doubt you will have any money left.

It comes down to , how seriously you take your music . I knew it wouldn't take long :)
    Everything is on track . As I say , it's 50/50 if I go for it .
    It means 2 less cabinets to get if I do go for it . So I'm not being too extravagant . I haven't spent much at all in recent weeks and have calmed down a lot .
  • anna_1977
    Options
    Kitchen sounds like a good, cheap re-vamp of the existing shell :)
  • anna_1977
    Options
    It comes down to , how seriously you take your music . I knew it wouldn't take long :)
    Everything is on track . As I say , it's 50/50 if I go for it .
    It means 2 less cabinets to get if I do go for it . So I'm not being too extravagant . I haven't spent much at all in recent weeks and have calmed down a lot .

Had a quick look, I can see the practicality of the unit especially if you're buying the extra TV mount - however I'm not sure the price reflects it - i was expecting some amazing looking stereo :rotfl:. I'm not a massive music boff and have bose units that sound great (in my opinion but as I've said i'm not a boff :rotfl: )
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I haven't spent much at all in recent weeks and have calmed down a lot .
    Yup, apart from a new bathroom, kitchen refurb, carpets, chair, bed, washing machine etc, you've been positively frugal :D.
    Save
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure