Together Energy?

Options

Comments

• locky123
    locky123 Posts: 466 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Rang them today, got through within a minute, new billing system still not up and running, wasnt able to submit meter reading online, so gave over phone. They claimed customers have been informed of issues by email but never received.
  • robj20
    robj20 Posts: 22 Forumite
    edited 1 February 2018 at 1:48PM
    Options
    I sent my meter reading by email, but never get any replies from them so no idea if they have used them or not. My previous supplier hasnt had the final readings so cant generate my final bill, they owe me a fair bit.

Was there any time frame given where they will get their act together and have the systems working.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
  • Hoof_Hearted
    Options
    Let's hope the new staff are more competent than the existing Together staff.
    Je suis sabot...
  • robj20
    Options
    Took peoples advice and switched to Bulb. Says 21st Feb for the switch. Hope the meter readings sort them selves out. And i still need my final bill from my previous supplier SoEnergy.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    robj20 wrote: »
    And i still need my final bill from my previous supplier SoEnergy.

Under both EU Law and the terms of the Supply Licence, suppliers have 6 weeks from the date of the actual transfer of supply to raise a Final Bill. If your transfer is not due to take place until the 21st February then the supplier still has up to 8 weeks to raise a Final Bill. As an aside, the readings that you give to Bulb just before the transfer have to be validated by an independent industry partner - a process that can take 5 to 10 days. These readings are then used to close and open your accounts.
  • robj20
    Options
    I mean the previous supplier to my previous.
    I switched to together around the 20 January.

I'm not prepared to stay with such a poorly run company so get out as soon as I can.
  • Sandybanks
    Options
    My gas and electric switched to Together on 25th Dec 2017 I submitted my start readings on their website on the 28/12.

The start reading for the Gas is very wrong. The previous supplier has used the correct reading for the final bill and says it got that reading from Together

No readings show for the Electric! The previous supplier has sent a final bill using estimated readings.

Who is responsible for the final/start readings when you transfer the old company or the new?

Still waiting a response from Together. Even worse than Extra Energy at this stage.
  • pault49er
    Options
    Switched from Scottish Power to Together have had exactly the same problem. Slightly suspicious when i rang them the guy on the end of the phone wasn't sure which company account I was enquiring about. Still haven't been switched should have been 20th Januarybut they took the direct debit. Paying 2 suppliers at the moment not looking forward to the minefield.
  • Sandybanks
    Options
    Hengus wrote: »
    As an aside, the readings that you give to Bulb just before the transfer have to be validated by an independent industry partner .

Who is the independent industry partner and how exactly do they verify the readings if they have not read the meter themselves. Of course its entirely possible that is a coincidence but the incorrect meter reading that Together has used are the same as those I submitted to my previous supplier for March 2017! Do suppliers pass on your reading history to the next supplier?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure