Together Energy?

Options

Comments

• locky123
    locky123 Posts: 466 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm assuming their new 'billing system' is not running yet as online portal shows no billing info since the system change. I expect they may have some issues. My DD was taken as usual this month.
  • robj20
    robj20 Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    So had my first payment taken from Together, but they havent requested meter readings and my online account appears to not work.

What are my options? Will they eventually sort it out, i fear i might be paying two companies for my energy at the minute.
  • thozza
    thozza Posts: 305 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    You can check with your previous provider, my previous suppliers online account showed that I did not have a tariff after I had my first DD taken by Together, so I made a request for repayment of credit which took a couple of weeks to arrive. Once a switch takes place you will only be paying one supplier, but you might need to contact the old one to reclaim credit.

My experience has been OK so far, Together do take a DD in advance, and you should receive a letter setting out the terms. The online portal took a little time to set up, but I moved before they changed to their new system.
  • Hoof_Hearted
    Hoof_Hearted Posts: 2,361 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The company is a shambles at the moment. I wouldn't advise anybody to change to them until they sort themselves out. Look at Trust Pilot -- something is going seriously wrong with their customer service.
    Je suis sabot...
  • robj20
    Options
    Check my SoEnergy account and it shows me out of contract, started on 09.01.18 which is correct. Also shows end dates of 24.01.18 for electric and 25.01.18 for gas, so im guessing it is switching. Love to know what meter readings they have used as no one has asked me.
  • robj20
    Options
    My online account with them slowly seems to be getting updated, but I still have no way of giving them my meter readings.
    What are the options if you want to leave due to poor service? I would love to change to a decent supplier but worry it would be costly or more hastle than it is worth.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    robj20 wrote: »
    My online account with them slowly seems to be getting updated, but I still have no way of giving them my meter readings.
    What are the options if you want to leave due to poor service? I would love to change to a decent supplier but worry it would be costly or more hastle than it is worth.

Your options are:

Option A. 'Ditch and switch'. If there an exit fees, they will expect you to pay them. That said, you can get around this by switching to, say, Bulb and then switching again.

Option B: keep providing them with meter readings and repeatedly ask them for a bill. Wait 12 months, and hope that they will apply The Back Billing Code.

Option C: Raise a formal complaint in writing. Wait 8 weeks and refer it to The EO and hope for a small amount of compensation for poor customer service.

Personally, I would take Option A. Life is too short to support suppliers that cannot get the basics right.
  • robj20
    Options
    The thing is I don't actually trust them to stop taking the direct debit, they have already taken £80.
    Why bulb?
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    robj20 wrote: »
    The thing is I don't actually trust them to stop taking the direct debit, they have already taken £80.
    Why bulb?

They will refund your exit fees if you have to pay them.
  • robj20
    Options
    Bulb are showing at over £50 a month now expensive though.

I have already emailed to the complaints department. Plus emailed my meter readings, as long as I eventually just pay for what I have used it's worth it for the cheap tarrif. But I'm leaving reviews everywhere I can and leaving no matter what in 11 months.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure