NST - Amazing Aperire

Options

Comments

• mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    So pleased with what I have done today. One washer load, dried outside, second load ready to go out when I feel like moving again and another load nearly ready from random bits found on the floor or under furniture.

One paper sack and several cardboard boxes into the paper recycling (boxes were taking up a lot of floor space and didn't have a lot in them (replaced with a box lid, small box and small set of plastic drawers next to the computer). Ripped up and put into the bin before anyone can start filling them again. Did the same with any bags I emptied.

Lots of clean clothes and bedding brought up and clothes hung up (still have some hangers). two old pillows put aside for 'stuffing' and one old t-shirt for rags - probably find another half dozen when I get to DS3's drawers.

Did the front room including moving both the couches - last time I got as far as pulling stuff out that was part way under the front of the couch but it's been a while since I pulled them out altogether. About 5 bags of cans and bottles have gone into recycling (bags don't go in but I put one next to the sink and drop them in as I rinse them out, then carry the whole bag to the bin and tip them in.

Have moved a couple of things under their bed and plan to put some more things there (the chinchillas only need the pet carriers for going to the vet and to hide in when their cage is being cleaned - no need for the carriers to hog space in the front room permanently.

Also have loads of bubble wrap for the things I am planning to take to the charity shops. They came home before Ihad finished but Beloved and I made the bed up properly with clean bedding and new pillows plus a light quilt.

Some weeding done and lots of resting, sewing and watching old episodes of Poirot and a little sit down in the sunshine every now and then.

A NSD as haven't been further than the bins (my rock and roll lifestyle is amazing).. May do more tidying but only because there is a small bar of chocolate somewhere in here.

So far I have decluttered 56 items, so only another 409 to go.

Today I am grateful for lovely weather, for making their room look lovely (can see the floor, lots of it) and for my embroidery.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • swimminginaseaofdebt
    Options
    Evening everyone,

Have had a busy and spendy day! Been to the library, park and soft play. Part of that route was walking and for the other part I took the bus. Along the way I managed to buy two slices of cake, an ice cream and a can of coke. Then I might have ordered myself a sneaky wee Dominos for dinner.

Made a start on scrubbing the kitchen with anti-bacterial stuff. Only ½ way there (if that!) but should hopefully finish that room Monday at the latest. Did a bit of de-cluttering whilst cleaning and threw away 7 out of date creams (they were prescribed for my eczema a few years ago), an oven dish (un-cleanable) and a bottle brush (nothing wrong with it I just have another one which I tend to use).

Ended up sleeping in my bedroom last night as the mattress was too big and heavy to drag into the sitting room. Spent most the night wide awake convinced a mouse was going to jump in with me and the little one. Woke up to find no new mouse droppings in either the bedroom, kitchen or cupboard hall so I’m hoping the traps are working already. I will pretend I did not hear callings story of rats rather than mice :rotfl:

Off to read my new book I picked up at the library today then I’m definitely sleeping on the couch as the little one is at my mums for a sleepover :)
    VSPC 2019 #10 - £168.80/£100 VSPC 2020 #4 - £262.03/£200 VSPC 2021 #9 - £242.88/£200 VSPC 2022 #3 - £188.03/£200 VSPC 2023 #7 - £0/£200
  • Jo_Blogs
    Jo_Blogs Posts: 753 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Good morning everyone :)

Great going with all the NSDs :T

Hope you all have a peacful, restful and truely blessed day :);)
    Saved Nitty Gritty £7440.75 [149%] / £5000-[Sep] £58.44:starmod: for the 'Save 12k in 2017' #157
    2017 Womble #35 £3463.27 ;)Sept NSDs 4/15:staradminCCCChl 9/12 months:D
    Sept PPChl#002 Pts 71
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning all :coffee:
    I was rudely wiped out yesterday with a migraine, which means today will be manic as I got nothing done and we go away tomorrow for a few days. Just enjoying a quick cuppa and the end of the Grand Prix before I make a start. I've made a list - it's absolutely massive but I'm hoping to report in later with great progress.
    Have a good day all :wave:
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,036 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Beautiful day here yesterday so apart from walk to shops did nothing but sit in sunshine. Kind of fell away last week, Must do better, Off for a long walk.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Mothernerd - thanks for taking my question/comment in the spirit it was intended. I can see why you feel the need to clear up behind them - I wonder what their home would look like if they didn't live with you?
    My son can also be quite a slob, his room at Uni was a sight to behold but he had just lived like it for months. At home he is slightly better especially as I reduced the number of plates and bowls in the house so there is 5 large plates and usually 4 of us here (5 if DS GF comes) so if there is no plate he can't eat!! The problem with my son is that he is happy to invite friends round even when his room is awful.
    Whereas my daughter lives like a mini slob and then when her friends come round (like last night she had a sleepover) she cleans her room to within an inch of its life, hoovers and tidies the lounge and even washed the kitchen floor.,
    I am happy to sit in the middle - I am not perfect and my house can be untidy at times but food and drink things always have to be put away and/or washed up.

I'm glad to see that everyone had brilliant weather yesterday - today is supposed to be even better for everyone. Hope you all manage to get outside again.

Yesterday was a spend day as DD had her sleepover so brought some pizzas, sweets and fizzy for them plus some frozen stuff.

Also did a few hours on the allotment - it's looking fab. DH borrowed a works lawnmower and it is doing a sterling job of very long grass and brambles. I meanwhile have been digging the beds ready for seed planting.

Now off to the allotment again - DH will be mowing and I will be digging again.
    I don't want to wish time away but I can't wait for Easter - 4 days of being on the allotment!!!
  • Calling14
    Calling14 Posts: 3,498 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hiya folks

Well yesterday would have been a SFD but about 5pm decided to pop and get some paint for garden furniture that was half price.

DEcluttered lots of dvds to dd. Went walk and played with baby in garden.

Today massive patio clear out pots emptied and got rid of. Too many with plants seen better days. Friend came and put some curtain tie backs up for me. Weeded all patio, overcast now.

Next job ME I look wild with roots. Rest afternoon spent making me look presentable- no wonder I don't go on dates ;-)

Today hopefully be a spend free day even though tea maybe weird. Forgot to defrost anything - then plan food rest of the week and get organised.

Apologies Swimming if I gave you nightmares. Hope traps have worked.
    LBM 13039 1.1.13 Now £0 Finally Debt FreeMortgage free Oct 2019:)EFund/savings £25000 10/11/22
  • Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all,

Hope the weather is gorgeous at home. I have just arrived on holiday and it is lovely here and just what the doctor ordered. Ive treated myself to wifi so will keep reading and posting :)
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • Lauralozzle
    Lauralozzle Posts: 719 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    We've had wonderful weather this weekend.

Friday was a NSD so I'm at 6/16. Ten more to go! I've had a spendy weekend though - went out to Kenilworth Castle yesterday and had a great day, we didn't have anyhthing in for a pack up so ended up buying lunch out. Also ended up eating fish and chips in the evening. That's the entertainment budget for month truly spent!! Went shopping today (as there was nothing in) and spent the best part of £100. That included gin though and Aldi's fake Pimms :) it's too sunny not to have gin or pimms lol.

Will update my signature once I've totalled everything up. Had a lovely weekend though and what's more - I only have 4 days at work next week as its good Friday! :)
    February Grocery Budget: £190.75/£350.00
    NST no. NSD 4/15
  • abundant1972
    abundant1972 Posts: 1,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 9 April 2017 at 5:35PM
    Options
    Afternoon all...

Ok - Confession time...

I am so annoyed with myself... After extoling my virtues and resisting spending all day, and using up food... I checked my emails - had one from the National Lottery... 'It's a Quadruple Rollover...!!!' I stopped doing the NL this year - prior to that I would put in £30/month I reckon... and it felt like I was paying an extra tax.

Anyhow... On impulse... I logged into my account - added £10 (it's all set up), bought a lucky dip and spent the rest on Scratch cards. Then in went another £10... and another... and another... £40!!! For anyone who has ever had issues with gambling - it's so easy to fall into that headspace where all you see is the next win - which more often than not never comes. At £40 my head kicked in and I thought this is CRAZY!!! :mad:

Because I didn't have to get the card out my wallet (and therefore think about my spend) I did it on a low ebb after a long phone-call to my Mum (has memory issues). It's my own fault - and at least I am now aware that I'm more prone to lapse into bad habits when my mood is affected...

Plan:
    1. Remove card attached to lottery account
    2. Cancel lottery account and e-mail notifications
    3. If I want to play I'll have to drive to the nearest garage (10 mins away) and pay with cash.
    A lesson learned.

Today I am grateful for:
    • This forum where I can own, and take responsibility for my spending habits
    • Another glorious day and a long walk
    • The hundreds of dandelion flowers that cheered me up :)
    As today ended up being a spend day after all - today has been a NSD, but I'm still sat at 3.

Have a lovely evening folks... Catch you all tomorrow!

PS: Account closed and deleted :j
    DFD = August 2027 @ £250/month
    Follow your heart & be true to yourself always
    My life is full of abundance and prosperity
    NST Feb: Food & Spends = £216.51 / £290.00 NSD = 1 /15
    Be kind - Eat well - Exercise - Be mindful
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income